PDA

View Full Version : A lurker emerges.

royzak
23-12-2011, 19:07
Hi,
Thanks for the push Alex,my name is Roy I'm 67 and been retired for a few years now,I bought and sold classical records in a record exchange for over a decade,before that I was an illustrator.
I've been collecting records,buying Hi-Fi for as long as I can remember and own about 2500 lp's and 500 or so cd's split approx.70% classical the rest Jazz,Blues and Rock with quite a bit of Folk.Still playing records I bought in Liverpool before my move to London in 1969,hope cd's last as long.:)
My system.
Michell Orbe,SMEv,Koetsu Black.
Ear Acute111 cdp.
Ear 834p,EAR859 amps.
Sonus Faber Cremona M.
Loricraft record cleaner.
Will be good to join in,I promise I will try harder.:)

Reid Malenfant
23-12-2011, 19:13
Hi Roy, a warm welcome to AoS :) I see Alex was gentle with you & I'm sure that now that you have stated participating you'll see the benefits, we do our best to be a friendly place ;)

Some nice equipment you have there, nothing like some good music to put it to use & I can see you probably are doing, quite a collection!

Cheers for the welcome post so soon after Alex requested it :cool: All the very best to you, happy christmas & I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Tim
23-12-2011, 19:20
Welcome aboard Roy and good to have a lurker come out of lurkdom ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay and looking forward to sharing some of your music picks.

royzak
23-12-2011, 19:21
Thanks for the welcome,and a great Christmas to you and all.:cool:

Thing Fish
23-12-2011, 19:27
Welcome Roy...:wave:

Roy S
23-12-2011, 20:19
From one Roy to another :hifives:

Alex_UK
23-12-2011, 20:24
Well done Roy - see - it didn't hurt too much, did it!? ;)

Your system looks fab on "paper" - I bet it sounds and looks amazing. :) We have a burgeoning Classical section on here, so hopefully you'll find something of interest now you're out in the open. :)

Merry Christmas to you, welcome to AoS and hope you enjoy the forum.

Spectral Morn
23-12-2011, 20:44
Hi Roy

Welcome to AOS

Regards D S D L

The Grand Wazoo
24-12-2011, 00:43
Hi Roy, Welcome to AoS from me too - it's great that you've decided to come out of the shadows!
Cheers

Beechwoods
24-12-2011, 09:42
Welcome to AOS Roy, nice to meet another Laura Nyro fan :)

DSJR
24-12-2011, 13:30
Ello, Merry Christmas, and hope you have a good time here.

Your system promises amazing results for "acoustic" music especially. I love the Cremona's in all their forms and the other stuff ain't bad either :)

royzak
24-12-2011, 13:53
Ello, Merry Christmas, and hope you have a good time here.

Your system promises amazing results for "acoustic" music especially. I love the Cremona's in all their forms and the other stuff ain't bad either :)

The Cremona speakers are new I have only had them for about a week,they are still breaking in but were great right away.Before these I had ProAc super towers for well over ten years,I am refinding my whole record collection.

jazzpiano
24-12-2011, 18:51
Warm Welcome and Merry Christmas Roy. I enjoyed your "try harder" ending. We will benefit greatly from a knowledgeable and experienced classical fan. Any chance you know Richard Fairclough from Harold Moore's? - I purchased some things from him a few years back. Unfortunately their web-site doesn't seem to have the personal touch it did years ago.

Best,
Barry

jandl100
31-12-2011, 08:51
Welcome to the forum, Roy - you're a Pierre Boulez fan, I assume. :)

As a conductor, composer ... ?
I have to confess to finding his own compositions a bit challenging - but I much enjoy his interpretations of the orchestral classics; Mahler & Bruckner especially.