PDA

View Full Version : Anticipated Albums...

Alex_UK
22-12-2011, 00:26
I thought we had a thread for this, but maybe not...

Any upcoming album releases that you think others should know about? Post them here!

Here's the new album from French electronic band Air - I can't wait!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voyage-Dans-Lune-Deluxe/dp/B0069K3836/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324513027&sr=8-3

AIR - ‘Le Voyage Dans La Lune’ (A Trip To The Moon) by Georges Méliès

‘Le Voyage Dans La Lune’ (A Trip To The Moon) is a classic black & white silent film by revered French director Georges Méliès. Released in 1902, this legendary 14-minute film is widely considered one of the most important works in film history, and the very first to use science fiction as its theme, incorporating special effects that were very state-of-the-art at the turn of the 19th century. It was loosely based on two popular novels of the time: Jules Verne's ‘From the Earth to the Moon’ and H. G. Wells ‘The First Men In The Moon’.

A hand-coloured print, the only one known to survive, was rediscovered in 1993 by the Filmoteca de Catalunya. It was in a state of almost total decomposition, and many years of painstaking, manual restoration took place until 2010, when digital technology finally came to the rescue. Following another year at the Technicolor Lab of Los Angeles, it was finally ready to share with the world. Eager to put a contemporary spin on this classic silent film, the producers decided to approach AIR’s Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoit Dunckel, to compose an original modern soundtrack, an enormous honour for French musicians, considering the film’s place in the canon of French cinema. With the aim of premiering at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, AIR set themselves a tight deadline, locking their studio doors and working around the clock to serve these classic images with brave new sounds. Complete with a new soundtrack by AIR, the film debuted at Cannes on May 11, 2011, to immediate and unanimous acclaim.

Spurred on by their work on this short movie, AIR decided to develop the project into a full album inspired by the film. Expanding the original musical themes beyond cinematic instrumentals, the album also features the vocal talents of Au Revoir Simone and Victoria Legrand (Beach House). The band’s lunar fascinations have been evident since the beginning of their career with the release of the seminal 1998 classic “Moon Safari”. Now in 2012 Nicolas and JB have returned to explore the further regions of their very unique musical ‘space’. Nicolas explains: "'A Trip to the Moon' is undoubtedly more organic than most of our past projects. We wanted it to sound 'handmade,' knocked together’, a bit like Méliès' special effects. Everything is played live … like Méliès' film, our soundtrack is nourished by living art."
The 3 producers of the restaured version have agreed to let Virgin release a special Limited Edition version of AIR album ‘Le voyage dans la lune’. This will consist of the album + a bonus DVD or Digital Download of the restored colorized film with AIR’s original film score, strictly limited to 70,000 global copies./

ALBUM TRACKLISTING

1 Astronomic Club
2 Seven Stars
3 Retour sur terre
4 Parade
5 Moon Fever
6 Sonic Armada
7 Who Am I Know?
8 Décollage
9 Cosmic Trip
10 Homme lune
11 Lava

sparrow
22-12-2011, 10:54
Looking forward to the new Rush album.

DanJennings
26-12-2011, 18:15
New Prong and Tool albums coming in the new year, can't wait!

sparrow
26-12-2011, 21:34
Pet Shop Boys have a double CD of B sides out early Feb...their a guilty pleasure of mine and are known for cracking b sides.:eyebrows:

s70rmp
27-12-2011, 12:44
the new Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band cd

should be coming very soon as the tour starts late Feb/early March

Alex_UK
19-01-2012, 10:31
I know we have a few Katie Melua fans on here - she has a new album coming out on the 5th March - Secret Symphony.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yB9ZddQqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005M61PGA/ref=pe_104731_28406601_pe_epc_dt1

jostber
20-01-2012, 08:18
There are some great albums coming up early this year:

Damien Jurado - Maraqopa
Dion - Tank Full Of Blues
Otis Taylor - Otis Taylor's Contraband
Monolake - Ghosts
Mstislav Rostropovich - The Complete Decca Recordings

RichB
20-01-2012, 12:29
New Prong and Tool albums coming in the new year, can't wait!

Great stuff, have a load of old prong stuff on vinyl. Was lucky enough to have seen them 3 times with various line ups. Once as support for faith no more as the classic trio and twice at Newcastle's Riverside club doing the Prove You Wrong Stuff... Tommy Victor and the guys had spent the afternoon indulging in the local brown ale and he came onstage in Newcastle United shirt, suffice to say they got much love at this gig! Ted Parsons still one of the finest drummers around imho, i even liked his stuff with Godflesh and Jesu.

DanJennings
20-01-2012, 19:04
Great stuff, have a load of old prong stuff on vinyl. Was lucky enough to have seen them 3 times with various line ups. Once as support for faith no more as the classic trio and twice at Newcastle's Riverside club doing the Prove You Wrong Stuff... Tommy Victor and the guys had spent the afternoon indulging in the local brown ale and he came onstage in Newcastle United shirt, suffice to say they got much love at this gig! Ted Parsons still one of the finest drummers around imho, i even liked his stuff with Godflesh and Jesu.

Tommy is such a nice bloke, we met him after an excellent gig in Bilston, and he came out to where we were sat at the bar and stayed drinking and chatting with us until the bar forced us out 2 and a half hours later. Their last album that they were touring, 'Power Of The Damager' is brilliant too, but I love all the old stuff too...

Wakefield Turntables
20-01-2012, 19:56
Van Halen - Feb release cant wait.

sparrow
20-01-2012, 21:00
Van Halen - Feb release cant wait.

The single out now is poor IMO..but still look forwrd to the album.

Wakefield Turntables
20-01-2012, 21:35
I agree but it would be nice to see Dave singing some of the old stuff again, I must admit Wolfy looks pretty $hit on base compared to Mike Anthony.

s70rmp
22-01-2012, 18:28
Michael Anthony was on fine form last week when I saw the Chickenfoot at Manchester

new the VH single is very poor !

jostber
29-01-2012, 22:03
There are some great albums coming up early this year:

Damien Jurado - Maraqopa
Dion - Tank Full Of Blues
Otis Taylor - Otis Taylor's Contraband
Monolake - Ghosts
Mstislav Rostropovich - The Complete Decca Recordings

Some more albums coming up:

Lyle Lovett - Release Me
Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream
Randy Newman - The People Dressed Like Monkeys (Live 1971)

Jonboy
30-01-2012, 00:35
Here's the new album from French electronic band Air - I can't wait!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voyage-Dans-Lune-Deluxe/dp/B0069K3836/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324513027&sr=8-3

AIR - ‘Le Voyage Dans La Lune’ (A Trip To The Moon) by Georges Méliès

I can't sleep :doh: and just found this thread so i have just ordered it, thanks Alex for the heads up :)

DanJennings
04-02-2012, 08:49
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick 2 - April 2nd.

Should be interesting, it's meant to be the poetry of Gerald Bostock 40 years on, as a 48 year old.
Trailer here:
q7jZMCBEsZM

Wakefield Turntables
04-02-2012, 16:11
Just seen this thread again, nice to see 'Tull releasing TAAB 2, prolly order a copy if they do it on vinyl.

jostber
05-02-2012, 14:50

Lyle Lovett - Release Me
Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream
Randy Newman - The People Dressed Like Monkeys (Live 1971)

The Randy Newman album can be checked out on Spotify now before you go on to buy the CD. :) Great stuff.

keiths
05-02-2012, 21:02

Lyle Lovett - Release Me

Must check that one out. I have been playing "Lyle Lovett", "Pontiac" and "Joshua Judges Ruth" this very afternoon.

Alex_UK
07-03-2012, 21:56
Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61GOtgHv6bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Due 30.04.2012 -Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00723NWJE/ref=pe_139991_29072341_pe_re_csr_hi

MartinT
07-03-2012, 22:11

Ooh, that's mine. Love her smokey honey voice :)

jostber
08-03-2012, 10:05
The new Damien Jurado album "Maraqopa" is beautiful. Checked it out this weekend on Spotify, and have now ordered it on vinyl. :)

Did also get me John Hiatt's new "Dirty Jeans And Mudslide Hymns", Randy Newman "People Dressed Like Monkeys", Neil Young "Cow Palace 1986" and Robert Wyatt "Around Robert Wyatt with Orchestre National de Jazz". Some great listening ahead. :)

electric beach
08-03-2012, 14:34
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61GOtgHv6bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Due 30.04.2012 -Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00723NWJE/ref=pe_139991_29072341_pe_re_csr_hi

Nice one Alex. I've been playing The Fall to death lately. Will order now while I remember (increasingly can't trust the memory :wheniwasaboy:)

RSC
08-03-2012, 20:19
All very well guys, I'm sure everything listed so far will be enjoyable for you, but the one I'm waiting for is "Focus X" ... Thijs van Leer; Pierre van der Linden & Bobby Jacobs with recent addition Menno Gootjes on guitar.

The tour starts in May - another opportunity to see & hear the Dutch masters at work!

Rare Bird
08-03-2012, 20:44
Saw em in 2002 i think it was down the Road from us..

Reid Malenfant
08-03-2012, 21:06
Well I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for a new album by Sleep Research Facilty - Stealth :)

Kind of odd that such chilled out stuff can get me freaking out so much, bloody ironic I'd say :eyebrows:

Must ring the distro as I want one of the first 1000 CDs as they'll be two disc editions & I also want a nice XXL T shirt to go along with it :lol:

I kid you not...

:cool:

Maximum
31-03-2012, 13:30
The new Orbital album is in the post, probably be Monday. Not sure it'll live up to some of the old stuff but should be decent all the same, wish they'd take that annoying lyric out of Wonky though. Snippets...

Orbital - Never
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktgznOFpXeY&list=PL88C57A34D3B47BEB&feature=plcp&context=C4138ca7FDvjVQa1PpcFPHVyWbdr0Wq2zQYxm3RTQs UdMeJlVBpmc=

Orbital - Straight Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9USCcjfNm8&feature=endscreen&list=PL88C57A34D3B47BEB&NR=1

YNWaN
31-03-2012, 15:10
My most anticipated album is the one I have ordered from Burning Shed - unfortunately, I can't seem to remember what it was at all - all I can remember is that it was a pre-release order and some sort of ambient music (I think)....

Apparently the postman tried to deliver something today - I wonder if that was it?

Marco
31-03-2012, 16:06
Nope, it was your Batman outfit.

Marco.

YNWaN
31-03-2012, 16:12
Nope - got that last week.

(but it could also be some copper shielding I've ordered)

Marco
31-03-2012, 16:18
Must've been the Miu Miu slingbacks, then.

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
31-03-2012, 16:34
The new Orbital album is in the post, probably be Monday. Not sure it'll live up to some of the old stuff but should be decent all the same, wish they'd take that annoying lyric out of Wonky though.
What's the album called?

YNWaN
31-03-2012, 16:48
Must've been the Miu Miu slingbacks, then.

Marco.

Didn't get them in the end; thought the heels would get caught in my Bat-Man cape.

Maximum
31-03-2012, 17:20
What's the album called?

It's the same as one of the tracks. It's called Wonky.

Reid Malenfant
31-03-2012, 17:21
Wonky? :lol:

Cheers Robert :)

electric beach
02-05-2012, 16:10
Nice one Alex. I've been playing The Fall to death lately. Will order now while I remember (increasingly can't trust the memory :wheniwasaboy:)

CD arrived today. I think it's a grower, kind of puts me in mind of Holly Cole when she made Dark Dear Heart; a bit moody and dreamy with a similar production style. Not "typical" smokey Norah but a natural development from The Fall.

Funny thing happened on the way to the postman. I received an email from Amazon telling I'd been issued an electronic credit. I thought at first that my order had been cancelled but it was actually a refund from Amazon's pre-order pricing policy - if the release date price is lower then they refund the difference and you benefit if it's higher.

So I got a credit for £0.02p :eek: Very decent of them as they can't process the transaction for that.

Reid Malenfant
02-05-2012, 16:25
Just had an email from Pete Namlook, PKPWPS 10 (Ambient Gardener - Winter) is now ready for delivery & I have been looking forward to it :D

Only problem is that another release is due out in about 7 to 10 days...

Do I wait & buy both at the same time & save Euro 4.50 shipping, as he suggested, or am I that desperate I have to buy it now :rfl:

Sonority
14-09-2012, 20:49
This is on order as a special edition Vinyl / CD pack.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g6Lmf10RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The list of special guests is just amazing (35 of em) and I just cannot wait to see him tour it...

This is costing me a small fortune :-

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tvGYtuB6L._SS400_.jpg

& just to make the complete set - the final bank busting, double heavyweight vinyl remaster next month :-

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BXIdIykEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Then to totally bankrupt the wallet
Cd/Vinyl combo next month :-

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Cq%2B-nMYoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Alex_UK
14-09-2012, 20:53
Nice one Stephen. :)

Anyone else excited about this - remastered

http://d3na4zxidw1hr4.cloudfront.net/site_media/uploads/images/posts/m/massive-attack-blue-lines-b_jpg_630x560_q85.jpg

"The reissue of Blue Lines comes out November 20 via EMI, and it will be availble in CD, digital, and deluxe box set form. The latter includes the album on CD as well as DVD with 96K/24 bit high resolution audio files, two 180-gram vinyl LPs, and the original Blue Lines poster."

:drool:

Sonority
14-09-2012, 20:56
Nice one Stephen. :)

Anyone else excited about this - remastered

http://d3na4zxidw1hr4.cloudfront.net/site_media/uploads/images/posts/m/massive-attack-blue-lines-b_jpg_630x560_q85.jpg

"The reissue of Blue Lines comes out November 20 via EMI, and it will be availble in CD, digital, and deluxe box set form. The latter includes the album on CD as well as DVD with 96K/24 bit high resolution audio files, two 180-gram vinyl LPs, and the original Blue Lines poster."

:drool:

Oh FFS - I wish I hadn't read that....
Double bankrupt now.

Kidney anyone - I'm tea total :lol:

Edit - Just added up what I have on order - I may need to sell my kit to fund it all :doh:

Tim
14-09-2012, 21:00
You need to watch out for that bloody Alex, he's a master . . .

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/worm_on_hook.gif

. . . I thought you were on holiday Alex :ner:

Alex_UK
14-09-2012, 21:09
You need to watch out for that bloody Alex, he's a master . . .

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/worm_on_hook.gif

:lol:

I'll cast one out for you soon, matey! ;)

. . . I thought you were on holiday Alex :ner:

Just got back late this afternoon. :)

Sonority
14-09-2012, 21:09
Considering the fact that I have just come in from a day fishing the river your gif is rather - ahem - psychic ;)

Tim
14-09-2012, 21:11
I'll cast one out for you soon, matey! ;)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/hidingunderchair.gif

Alex_UK
14-09-2012, 21:12
Love it! :lol:

Sonority
14-09-2012, 21:17
I just knew I should not have checked my eamils as to what else is on order -

No picture but Black Country Communion have a new one out shortly as well, thats also on order as cd/vinyl

Afterglow is the title.

I need to stop this - it's getting silly.

Been a dearth of new music really this year - then all this at once.

Oh - I forgot the Tori Amos as well.

:eek:

Alex_UK
14-09-2012, 21:24
Oh - I forgot the Tori Amos as well.

Well that's revenge for you - I had no idea about that one! :lol:

"Tori is set to release her 13th studio recording this Autumn, called Gold Dust.

The album will see 14 of Tori’s original songs classically re-worked, performed by the Metropole Orchestra and using new arrangements by long-time collaborator, John Philip Shenale. The tracks chosen span almost the entirety of Tori’s catalogue, including songs from her 1992 début album, Little Earthquakes, right up until 2009′s Midwinter Graces. Tori says of the album: ‘The 20 years is about celebrating different times that have happened – all the blessings, all the conversations which have taken place and inspired these songs. This is a collection of new studio recordings of where they are now and who they have become’.

Gold Dust is set to be released on 1 October and can currently be pre-ordered on Amazon. The first track ‘Flavour’ can be streamed on ToriAmos.com. Amos will be playing a five date mini-tour of Europe, with the Metropole Orchestra in support of the recording.

Gold Dust track-list:
1. Flavor
2. Yes, Anastasia
3. Jackie’s Strength
4. Cloud On My Tongue
5. Precious Things
6. Gold Dust
7. Star of Wonder
8. Winter
9. Flying Dutchman
10. Programmable Soda
11. Snow Cherries From France
12. Marianne
13. Silent All These Years
14. Girl Disappearing"

Tim
14-09-2012, 21:32
New Civil Wars album due out soon too.

A 'live' Gretchen Peters album from her Hello Cruel World tour (I got that one on a personal tweet to me ;)).

Sonority
14-09-2012, 21:38
Well that's revenge for you - I had no idea about that one! :lol:

"Tori is set to release her 13th studio recording this Autumn, called Gold Dust.

The album will see 14 of Tori’s original songs classically re-worked, performed by the Metropole Orchestra and using new arrangements by long-time collaborator, John Philip Shenale. The tracks chosen span almost the entirety of Tori’s catalogue, including songs from her 1992 début album, Little Earthquakes, right up until 2009′s Midwinter Graces. Tori says of the album: ‘The 20 years is about celebrating different times that have happened – all the blessings, all the conversations which have taken place and inspired these songs. This is a collection of new studio recordings of where they are now and who they have become’.

Gold Dust is set to be released on 1 October and can currently be pre-ordered on Amazon. The first track ‘Flavour’ can be streamed on ToriAmos.com. Amos will be playing a five date mini-tour of Europe, with the Metropole Orchestra in support of the recording.

Gold Dust track-list:
1. Flavor
2. Yes, Anastasia
3. Jackie’s Strength
4. Cloud On My Tongue
5. Precious Things
6. Gold Dust
7. Star of Wonder
8. Winter
9. Flying Dutchman
10. Programmable Soda
11. Snow Cherries From France
12. Marianne
13. Silent All These Years
14. Girl Disappearing"

Hehe, if that's revenge - this is it in the freezer - I have tickets (rather tasty ones) for her only gig in the UK c/w orchestra at the RAH next month :ner:

Alex_UK
14-09-2012, 21:41
Mummy, make the nasty bad man stop! :lol:

MartinT
15-09-2012, 08:52
Genesis - Seconds Out is a fab sounding album on the normal pressing, exceptional for a live recording.

I already have the Massive Attack remastered onto a single vinyl album, don't think I want the pain of two 45s. To be honest, I would prefer Mezzanine on a remaster.

Alex_UK
15-09-2012, 08:58
Just remembered this one which is out Monday :)

Joanne Shaw Taylor - Almost Always Never (her 3rd album)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ywRPY8POL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Alex_UK
15-09-2012, 09:02
I already have the Massive Attack remastered onto a single vinyl album

Really? I didn't realise it had been remastered before, could you post a linky please Martin?

To be honest, I would prefer Mezzanine on a remaster.

Do you think it needs it? Not sure I do... a pretty stonking sounding album to me, as is.

MartinT
15-09-2012, 09:34
Really? I didn't realise it had been remastered before, could you post a linky please Martin?

My apologies, I've just checked it over and it looks like an original release, despite being quite heavy vinyl. It's on the Wild Bunch label, if that helps. I thought it might be a Back on Black (http://www.backonblack.com/), but there are simply no markings - a problem with many remasters that I have.

EDIT: it's an EMI Limited Edition. "Re-issue of the 1991 UK 9-track vinyl LP including the stunning classic single Unfinished Sympathy. Presented in spot-lacquered picture sleeve with picture/lyric inner WBRLP1"

Do you think it needs it? Not sure I do... a pretty stonking sounding album to me, as is.

Not so much, it's just that I only have the CD and would prefer it on vinyl.

Alex_UK
15-09-2012, 10:09
Thanks Martin - that clarifies it! Just got to decide if I want to stump up for the new one, then... Re. Mezzanine - I understand now - I was just thinking about the CD version and forgot you're a vinyl man when you can! ;)

Sonority
15-09-2012, 12:38
Genesis - Seconds Out is a fab sounding album on the normal pressing, exceptional for a live recording.

I already have the Massive Attack remastered onto a single vinyl album, don't think I want the pain of two 45s. To be honest, I would prefer Mezzanine on a remaster.

I have to agree re Seconds Out - I had the original many years ago ( I also was at two of the gigs / tour that album was recorded over).

Mezzanine on vinyl would be fun - if the cart can track those bass lines..

Tim
15-09-2012, 16:59
Joanne Shaw Taylor - Almost Always Never
Now that's one I didn't know about Alex, I'm seeing her in Poole next month, so I may buy it then :)

chris@panteg
19-09-2012, 11:01
Ordered this on vinyl ,hope its as good as the first album .

http://thexx.info/images/packshot.jpg

Sonority
19-09-2012, 16:39
Ordered this on vinyl ,hope its as good as the first album .

http://thexx.info/images/packshot.jpg

Isn't that the one with problems re distortion on a track or two?

chris@panteg
19-09-2012, 23:11
I guess I'll find out lol

cujo101
13-10-2012, 13:47
Donald Fagen's Sunken Condos is out on Monday 15th. His 4th solo album is nearly here and I can't wait!

Sonority
20-11-2012, 19:55
Something totally new to me and I had no clue that this was going to appear, but several hereabouts will be interested being progminded?
I so didn't want to order any more stufff before Christmas, but this is going to be a goody something tells me:

This is a copy and paste from CD Services in Dundee - no affiliation at all, just I have had good service over many years and I cant be typing it all out again here to miss some out :)

KOMPENDIUM: BENEATH THE WAVES (Ltd CD+DVD Edition / 7" Gatefold Book / 20 Page Booklet- Stock # 1567619) CDDV £15.99

KOMPENDIUM: BENEATH THE WAVES (2LP-Ltd HQ Double 180gm Black Vinyl / Gatefold Sleeve - Stock # 1578583) 2LP £22.99

KOMPENDIUM: BENEATH THE WAVES (2LP-Ltd HQ Double180gm Sea Blue Vinyl / Gatefold Sleeve - Stock # 1578582) 2LP £22.99

One of THE major Prog events of the year and it comes just in time for the run-up to Christmas 2012!

KOMPENDIUM - 'Beneath The Waves' is the new conceptual project from MAGENTA's Rob Reed.
Three years in the making, the album boasts a phenomenal cast of guest players including: Steve Hackett (GENESIS), Gavin Harrison (PORCUPINE TREE), Nick Barrett (PENDRAGON), Nick Beggs (Steve Hackett Band, IONA and many others), Jakko Jackzyk (KING CRIMSON), Francis Dunnery (IT BITES), Mel Collins (KING CRIMSON) and slide guitarist BJ Cole. Dave Stewart arranges for and conducts the London Session Orchestra on this large-scale labour of love.
Rob Reed says of the album: "This is classic Prog with Celtic influences. It's a concept album, and hopefully will appeal to those who enjoy: 'War Of The Worlds', 'Dark Side Of The Moon' and 'Tubular Bells'."

The full list of musicians taking part are: Steve Hackett, Gavin Harrison, Francis Dunnery, Neil Taylor, Nick Beggs, B.J.Cole, Mel Collins, Jakko Jakszyk, Steve Balsamo, Angharad Brinn, Troy Donockley, Nick Barrett and John Mitchell. Synergy vocals by: Shan Cothi, Rhys Meirion, Barry Kerr, Chris Fry, Hywel Maggs and Christina Booth.
The London Session Orchestra is arranged by Dave Stewart, and the English Chamber Choir is conducted by Guy Protheroe. Quite a line-up folks!

The album is ONLY available in 2 Formats:
1. A Limited Edition CD plus DVD in a 7" Gatefold, 20 Page Hard-Back Book. The DVD contains a complete Hi Res 5.1 Surround Sound Mix and Promo Video Material.
2. A Double 180gm Vinyl Edition available in either Standard Black or Sea Blue Vinyl, with Full Colour Inlays.

Track List [CD+DVD / Double Vinyl LP in Black / Double Vinyl LP in Sea Blue]
01. Exordium
02. Lost
03. Lilly
04. Mercy Of The Sea
05. The Storm
06. Beneath The Waves
07. Sole Survivor
08. Alone
09. Il Tempo È Giunto
10. Moment Of Clarity
11. One Small Step
12. Reunion

Sonority
03-12-2012, 18:56
Steve Hackett has had one hell of a busy year!

If your a prog fan this does need to have your attention. I heard the 'EP' a couple of weeks back, well impressed.
That is available in LTD quantities, and the main album becomes available Friday 7th.

So, if you were a fan of Genesis, Camel, VDGG & more, check it out - plenty on you tube to listen to as well :-

Hello There,

The sound of the 70ies is back!

The Rome Pro(G)ject, an instrumental concept album about Rome, its History and Places.

A Tribute on the 2765th anniversary of its foundation made by some Masters of Progressive Rock:

Steve Hackett (Genesis), David Cross (King Crimson), Francesco Di Giacomo (Banco), David Jackson (VDGG), Richard Sinclair (Camel)

John Hackett, Nick Magnus and other fine musicians celebrating the Greatness and the Beauty of the Eternal City.

NOW FINALLY AND PROUDLY AVAILABLE AT

www.vincenzoricca.it

The Rome Pro(G)ject

Out Dec 7th, 2012

DIGIPACK + 28 PAGE BOOKLET

Sonority
01-01-2013, 12:52
If any 'Prog' fans have yet to hear The Rome ProGject, especially the music of the 70's & early 80's you are missing something really special here.
And shortly to be made available on vinyl after a bit of persuasion..

It really is very good!

MartinT
01-01-2013, 16:59
If any 'Prog' fans have yet to hear The Rome ProGject, especially the music of the 70's & early 80's you are missing something really special here.

Still haven't got mine yet, Stephen.

Sonority
01-01-2013, 18:15
They did sell out again just prior to Christmas from what I remember, it is proving to be rather more popular than expected. As it's all self done they have been remarkably well imo. I have little doubt yours will be with you within the next seven days. Our post has beep sporadic at best since before Christmas.
It is, however, well worth the wait. Just dont get putting it on and have something else on plan half an hour later :)
When the vinyl becomes available I'll give you the heads up - both from them and Scotland

Sonority
22-01-2013, 19:23
The Rome Pro(g)ject is now taking bookings for the edition in vinyl, both box sets and picture discs.

Just a heads up.

Did yours turn up Martin? They don't seem to be able to keep up with demand! It has been way more popular than they envisaged I think :)

Played it again to a friend, who promptley went and ordered it.

MartinT
23-01-2013, 07:21
Yes I did, Stephen. Was playing it in the car this morning. I think it really lights up from track 5 onwards, excellent prog and takes me back in time.

sparrow
23-01-2013, 14:03
Got the Rome Pro(g)ject this morning...will have a listen later tonight.

MartinT
16-03-2013, 11:02
Fab new The Doors remasters on vinyl and SACD.

"Mastered by Doug Sax using an all-tube system. Overseen by Bruce Botnick, The Doors producer/engineer."

I have my order in :eyebrows:

https://diversevinyl.com/item.php?id=914cb35747a6908b39d934d818771920

daytona600
20-03-2013, 20:49
thought you would buy the vinyl 200g 2x45rpm versions martin
have them all sacd , vinyl & boxset

MartinT
20-03-2013, 21:43
Ah, I didn't know you had the SACD, Scott. I'm a bit funny about what format I like things on, but I'm not a great fan of 45rpm remasters because there are so many sides to play! Also, in only a very few cases could they be said to sound better than a really good 33rpm remaster.

EDIT: any chance you could change the colour of your vinyl/SACD listings, as it's very hard to read?

daytona600
21-03-2013, 02:20
martin how do i change the colour on my listings , looks the normal AOS colour on my computer , just typed in the listings manually
Nb- i am colour blind if that helps

MartinT
21-03-2013, 07:02
Ah no, you misunderstood me Scott. I meant the listings in your website where you have dark blue text on a black background.

Your listings here are fine.

Patrick Dixon
07-04-2013, 19:16
Yes the website is pretty terrible! I would probably buy some vinyl if I could read what you have and figure out how to order it ;-)

daytona600
07-04-2013, 22:45
patrick online store will be up and running hopefully this week , with click to buy
just spent several weeks uploading the stock lists

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24926&highlight=prog

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24798&highlight=april

or send me a PM patrick

Audioman
08-04-2013, 10:47
patrick online store will be up and running hopefully this week , with click to buy
just spent several weeks uploading the stock lists

Just had a look at your web site listings Scott. That layout is still a little muddled. I think you should make it clear some of those titles like Amused To Death are preorders. According to my Diverse pre order it is available in October but that may be optimistic given AP's release date history.

Paul.

Alex_UK
08-05-2013, 09:12
New one from Daft Punk due May 20th - Random Access Memories - available on vinyl, too.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UuzLffO5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C061I3K/ref=pe_172811_36196481_nrn_lm

Tim
08-05-2013, 16:35
I'm really looking forward to this one from Patty Griffin. Been a big fan of hers since I saw her play with Planty in his Band of Joy. He appears on this too.

http://www.musicrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/patty-griffin-american-kid11.jpg

Released May 13th.

MartinT
08-05-2013, 16:42
Alison Moyet - The Minutes [cd]

I've been anticipating it and it's arrived. Fab!

http://i.imgur.com/Rzw3Rp1.jpg

The Grand Wazoo
08-05-2013, 19:30
I'm waiting, half in eager anticipation, half in fear of disaster for this one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511lhOZT0ZL._AA160_.jpg

.....and blimey, I've been waiting a while now - 1978 was a very long time ago!

MartinT
08-05-2013, 19:38
Me too, Chris. That's going to be either wonderful or a complete let down!

Tim
09-05-2013, 07:22
a complete let down!
That's what I think, but I hope not.

Alex_UK
11-05-2013, 12:14
Gabrielle Aplin's album (English Rain) is out Monday, just had an email from Amazon to tell me the Deluxe Edition (I'm a sucker for 'em!) I pre-ordered in February has been despatched - saved £1.99 by pre-ordering, too. :)

Very much looking forward to it, and hoping it doesn't disappoint.

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Gabrielle-Aplin-English-Rain-Deluxe-Edition-2013-1200x1200-300x300.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AMYX60U/ref=pe_217191_31005151_M3T1_dp_i1

Thing Fish
11-05-2013, 12:15
She is very easy on the eye...;)

Tim
11-05-2013, 12:33
Gabrielle Aplin's album (English Rain) is out Monday
Be interested to hear what you think Alex - she doesn't do it for me at all for some reason :scratch:

Alex_UK
11-05-2013, 12:52
Be interested to hear what you think Alex - she doesn't do it for me at all for some reason :scratch:

Yes, I remember you weren't blown away by her - I know Marco was taken with her, and I've enjoyed the singles/EP - so I'm expecting good things...

Alex_UK
11-05-2013, 14:09
This one also on its way from Amazon on pre-order - should be more to your liking, Tim. :)

PaperAeroplanes - Little Letters
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GJ%2Bp-QZJL._SX450_.jpg

MartinT
11-05-2013, 14:52
Ah, I'll be interested in how they sound on record, Alex. I enjoyed them live but began to think the songs sounded a bit 'samey' by the end of their set.

Alex_UK
11-05-2013, 15:08
I bought their first two albums and an EP at the gig Martin, and they've had a lot of airtime here - certainly not samey IMO - but they were very minimalist when we saw them and they use more instruments/sounds on record. I'll lt you know what I think of the new one when it comes. :)

(Spotify has some of their stuff, BTW)

Tim
11-05-2013, 15:09
I like them Alex, right up my street and I bought the EP's too ;)
I would like to see a full show from them, as it was too short for me.

MartinT
11-05-2013, 22:28
Spotify has some of their stuff, BTW

Ta!

Alex_UK
13-05-2013, 11:24
Paper Aeroplanes - Little Letters - as well as being released today is now on Spotify.

spotify:album:1w4mpcX5cIU6TUeM9gXUNb

(Gabrielle Aplin's isn't on there yet. Both just arrived from Amazon, though. :))

Alex_UK
18-05-2013, 08:07
Gabrielle Aplin's isn't on there yet.

It is now, :)

spotify:album:16Uyz5I49YfqN7qornPpq1

Tim
18-05-2013, 09:28
It is now, :)
I shall give it a listen Alex.

American Kid is on there now too - Patty can do no wrong in my book, but this is superb. Good to see her on Jools Holland with Robert Plant, can't wait to see her in July :D

spotify:album:5rjiFeMZlgh6coCJKcyka4

Alex_UK
18-05-2013, 09:34
I really like the Gabrielle Aplin album, but the Paper Aeroplanes one I'm loving! I'll try Patty - thanks!

Tim
18-05-2013, 09:56
I really like the Gabrielle Aplin album
Its not working for me at the moment Alex, far too 'pixie fairy girlie pop' for my liking, but its going to be hard sell for me as I don't particularly like her voice. I have really gone off young artists, I like some character and grit with a tale to tell behind the voice. Its rather over-produced for my liking but I can see its appeal, if you like that sort of thing . . . but I don't (I couldn't finish it, had to stop it at The Power of Love, as I really don't like that one!).

I wish her all the best though, tough world out there for new young talent.

EDIT:

but the Paper Aeroplanes one I'm loving!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080823233623/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/7/70/The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg/250px-The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg

MartinT
22-05-2013, 22:51
I really like the Gabrielle Aplin album

Unlike Tim, it's growing on me. She has elements of Birdy and Ellie Goulding in her voice. November is particularly good.

Figlet108
23-05-2013, 00:56
I'm also a big Paper Aeroplanes fan and saw them in Manchester on Friday. They had a drummer and a bloke playing the double bass with them. This is the 4th time I've seen them over the past 2 years and the first time I've seen them with a full band (and Richard Llewellyn was playing an electric for the first time (a Les Paul Deluxe).
The extra band members made a massive difference, especially the d-bass player - he was just awesome and it was a first for me to be standing a few feet away from a cool kat slapping his d-bass like there was no tomorrow :)

The other treat was that Al Lewis was supporting, and if you don't know him check this:
zkcgdbXTefw

While I really love PA my only criticism is I think they should mix it up a bit with more upbeat songs to balance out the vibe...

Tim
23-05-2013, 06:19
She has elements of Birdy and Ellie Goulding in her voice.
That's a very astute observation Martin and those two names are bang on as to why she's not doing it for me :eyebrows: I have gone right off Birdy since seeing her live and have never liked Ellie Goulding. All three are hugely talented, but just not my cuppa.

DanJennings
23-05-2013, 07:00
I've managed to get an advance copy of Chris Wood's new album 'None The Wiser' out in July.
If you're fans of introspective folk music with a political edge but a warm sense of humour I recommend it heartily

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thing Fish
23-05-2013, 07:20
'Once I Was An Eagle' by Laura Marling is due out on May 27th.

The reviews thus far are very good...:)

Alex_UK
08-07-2013, 19:30
New Laki Mera (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-All-Memory-White-Noise/dp/B00CQEEZZ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1373311342&sr=1-1&keywords=laki+mera) album out next Monday - I can't wait - their last album Proximity Effect was my album of 2011 (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?14993-Your-Album-of-2011)... this has a lot to live up to!

Audioman
10-07-2013, 09:11
https://diversevinyl.com/images/stock/stumm356.jpg

New Album 'Tales Of Us' 9th September.

Goldfrapp release their stunningly beautiful new album ‘Tales Of Us’ through Mute on 9 September 2013. Their sixth album, ‘Tales Of Us’ is written and produced by band members Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory and was recorded at their studio in the English countryside.

A sumptuous body of work, ‘Tales Of Us’ has been two years in the crafting and is their most narrative, cinematic and intimate recording so far. Nothing in their accomplished back catalogue has hinted at the new lyrical breadth that the band have introduced to ‘Tales Of Us’. All the songs bar one are named in the first person with a cast list of evocative character sketches, the contrary love affairs, the suspense, hallucinations, fairy tales and modern folklores documented and the traces of redemption they find in song take the poetry of Goldfrapp’s delicately considered music somewhere brand new.

lovejoy
23-08-2013, 12:50
I'm REALLY looking forward to that Goldfrapp album. I've not really liked anything they've done since Felt Mountain, and having heard a snippet of the album on 6music the other evening, this sounds like a bit of a return in that direction.

The dilemma is whether to pre-order the vinyl (the Felt Mountain vinyl is excellent so hopefully this would sit alongside it quite nicely) or the 24-bit download.. Hmmmmmm

MartinT
23-08-2013, 18:57
I have the CD on pre-order as it's my kind of car music.

mr sneff
06-01-2014, 19:08
http://www.univers-zero.com/albums/Phosphorescent_dreams/PhosphorescentDreams_300.jpg
Univers Zero - Phosphorescent Dreams, 22 January 2014
Excerpts here http://www.univers-zero.com/media/UniversZero_phosphor.mp3
Can't wait :)

littlest hobo
25-01-2014, 22:28
Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots. Due for release end of April, title track sound amazing. Looking forward to my copy arriving.

Floyddroid
30-01-2014, 22:30
There is two albums i am really looking forward to are Northlands by Tony Patterson & Brenda Eyre and the new album by Nick Magnus. Can't wait.

MartinT
12-02-2014, 13:35
Nina Persson - Animal Heart [vinyl]

Should be delivered today.

http://cdn.7static.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/032/376/0003237623_350.jpg

webby
12-02-2014, 20:32
I really like the Gabrielle Aplin album, but the Paper Aeroplanes one I'm loving! I'll try Patty - thanks!

I like the paper aeroplanes album Alex. Elements of tori too!

MartinT
13-02-2014, 06:53
Nina Persson - Animal Heart [vinyl]

Now arrived :)

webby
14-02-2014, 10:16
Again, really liking the Paper Aeroplanes stuff. I've checked out their other stuff on spotify and soundcloud too.

Note: their albums (apart from the latest one) are available on bandcamp too, and at a better price than amazon. The cd version includes a digital copy too in the format of your choice, including ALAC.

PaulStewart
17-05-2014, 23:23
Not an LP but an album of singles, just heard from a PR for universal that there is a box set of Motown 7"ers on it's way to be that contains.....

Single 1
Jimmy Ruffin - He Who Picks A Rose
Huge Northern Soul favourite legally available for the first time

Gladys Knight & The Pips - If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love
Only ever on CD previously, a mid-60s delight that now gets its first legal release on a 45

Single 2
Stevie Wonder - I Want My Baby Back
Previously on LP / French EP only, another first timer on a 45

The Contours - Take Him Back If It Makes You Happy
Featuring lead vocals from Dennis Edwards - highly sought-after and never before on a 45

Single 3
The Spinners - We’re Gonna Be More Than Friends
Recently discovered in the Hitsville vaults - first time ever on a single

Kim Weston - You Can Do It
Previously CD on, a great dancer discovered in the tape library recently

Single 4
Brenda Holloway - We’ll Keep On Rolling
A storming piece of LA recorded Northern Soul - first time on a 45 legally

The Temptations - Angel Doll
Only previously ever available on the highly collectable “Emperors of Soul” 4CD American box set

Single 5
Marvin Gaye - My Love For You
A magical recording from Marvin’s mid 60s period - never on a 45 before

The Four Tops - I’m Grateful
H D H magic from their “Second album” , now huge in the clubs, never released on a single before

Single 6
The Isley Brothers - Sure Is A Whole Lotta Woman
Recently discovered 1966 recording, never on a single-until now

Barbara McNair - I Know Better
Previously unreleased on vinyl, superb version of the Marvelettes and Gladys Knight song

Single 7
The Velvelettes - That’s A Funny Way
Never on a 45 before - highly in demand

The Originals - Don’t Stop Now
Sought after track, previously album only gem from 1969

Boxes will be limited edition and numbered and I can't wait :dance:

keiths
20-05-2014, 15:17
Pink Floyd's final album The Division Bell gets a 20th Anniversary release on vinyl on 30th June

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Division-Bell-2011-Remaster/dp/B00KBNRXXS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400598791&sr=8-2&keywords=pink+floyd+division+bell+vinyl

Also, a 7 disc box set for those with deep pockets

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Division-Bell-20th-Anniversary/dp/B00KBNRZ9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400599009&sr=8-1&keywords=pink+floyd+division+bell+box

daytona600
02-06-2014, 13:06
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv198/mischab1/SPAMwords-1.jpg

tubehunter
03-06-2014, 08:00
released june 2

recordings of 1,2,3 albums

just got these and have got to say what a great job.

http://www.hdtracks.com/

johnB
15-06-2014, 22:28
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/Jrb1961/imagejpg1_zps60fec441.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Jrb1961/media/imagejpg1_zps60fec441.jpg.html)
Beatles vinyl mono reissue box set now pre-ordering on US Amazon for $409......apparently going to be available September 9th.

DanJennings
21-06-2014, 09:41
New mastodon album out on Monday, should be a good un!

Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2b/Mastodon_-_once_more_%27round_the_sun.jpg/220px-Mastodon_-_once_more_%27round_the_sun.jpg