PDA

View Full Version : New from Venice

Edoardo
18-12-2011, 14:44
Hello,

I'm Edoardo, I'm 23 years old from Venice,

I listen mostly through headphones - the best I own are a pair of Sennheiser HD650s, I'm waiting for a Lake People amp to come in to drive them.
As sources, I use a PS3 as BD/DVD transport, a netbook for my CD rips and few HD albums; both of them feed an Arcam rDAC.

I'm looking for my rig to be as neutral as possible, and try to be cost-effective in my research, though I don't consider my rig to be end-game at all.

I love Symphonic Music, but also Pop, Folk, Blues, and some good ones from the 70s and the 80s, as many of you here do I guess.

Thank you everybody in advance I hope to share good opinions here :eyebrows:

Puffin
18-12-2011, 16:11
Edoardo. Mmmm lovely Venice. What a magical place. Welcome.

Alex_UK
18-12-2011, 16:12
Hi Edoardo - welcome to AoS. Lovely place you live in!

And you certainly seem to be unusual with your music tastes - for your age - not meaning to be rude, of course! (But most "youngsters" certainly over here wouldn't listen to that sort of music, I'm guessing? :scratch:)

Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Tim
18-12-2011, 16:35
Welcome Edoardo and you have certainly come to the right place to get good, unbiased and cost effective advice.

Great taste in music too as Alex has already commented on..... enjoy your stay at AoS.

Reid Malenfant
18-12-2011, 17:16
Hello Edoardo, a warm welcome to AoS from me to :)

All the very best to you & I hope you enjoy your stay here :cool:

Edoardo
18-12-2011, 18:10
:)

First of all, I must "admit" I live in the Venetian countryside. :rolleyes: :D
By the way, I love Venice too, I mean, who doesn't, it's just that the rents there are a little too "hi-end" for my wallet. :lol:

Thanks for appreciating my musical tastes.
I can confirm I actually find it very hard to find anyone of my age who can name the Classicals, or the oldies. I personally find it very sad.
I just spent a lot of time looping some Rossini, Vivaldi and Mozart cassettes when I was a kid. I did not become a musician, but maybe I got used to real musical instruments and pitched singers as well.
The passion for Folk, Pop and Blues music comes from the times I used to play the guitar in my teenage years.

And then I got into Hi-Fi stuff, but I can't tell exactly how. Maybe I should just thank the internet, even though my wallet wouldn't.

keiths
18-12-2011, 18:20
Hi Edoardo - welcome to AoS from me too

First of all, I must "admit" I live in the Venetian countryside.

Even so, it must be amazing having the city of Venice so close and other wonderful places like Lago di Garda and Verona not far away too.

Hope you enjoy the forum.