PDA

View Full Version : Which artist/singer makes you want to boot the radio?

The Black Adder
14-12-2011, 19:42
Hi all..

Which artist/singer makes you want to boot the radio?

With Radio 2 on today it's got to be Micheal buble. His voice sounds like it's been tone corrected which is in fashion at the moment with lots of celebrity wannabes who can't sing but look pretty.

Now... Buble, I have a Telegram for you.

DEAR MICHEAL BUBLE ...STOP... I HAVE HEARD YOUR RECORDS ...STOP... AND FIND THEM UNIQUE IN LOTS OF UN-WELCOME WAYS ...STOP... SO PLEASE ...STOP... PLEASE ...STOP... PLEASE ...STOP

Alex_UK
14-12-2011, 19:46
I'm with you on Buble Joe, but the one that really makes me want to rip off my own ears is Coldplay. Not so much Coldplay, but Chris "I'm a Smug Git" Martin. Oh, and Robbie Williams - completely irrational in either case but I just want to slap the pair of them.

Jonboy
14-12-2011, 19:47
Cher Pikey Lloyd to start with

The Black Adder
14-12-2011, 19:57
I'm with you on Buble Joe, but the one that really makes me want to rip off my own ears is Coldplay. Not so much Coldplay, but Chris "I'm a Smug Git" Martin. Oh, and Robbie Williams - completely irrational in either case but I just want to slap the pair of them.

Consider them slapped matey! lol

prestonchipfryer
14-12-2011, 20:00
Bruce Springsteen - sounds like a constipated duck.
Robbie Williams - T**T

Reid Malenfant
14-12-2011, 20:02
I don't listen to the radio but it wakes me up in the morning :eyebrows: Fatkna**er Chris Moyles gets severely on my nerves so it kind of makes me want to switch it off pronto...

About this Buble guy, if I'm right it's pronounced boob-lay no? :eyebrows: Who in their right mind would want to be having a name like Mr tit f*ck :D

The Black Adder
14-12-2011, 20:03
Cher Pikey Lloyd to start with

Oh aye... and Alisha too.

Crikey!... What is happening to British music? We should be leading the way and not dolling up little squirts singing about how bad the world treats them.

Ok, every era has utter cack and it needs to cos it would be boring without it but there is a limit to how much cack you can take in one day.

tannoy man
14-12-2011, 20:25
+ 1 Robbie Williams, plus I must add they were Playing the new Bruce Forcyth
Album on Radio Two a few Weeks back and I have never heard so many
Standards Massacred, I felt like Driving into a Bridge:(

greenhomeelectronics
14-12-2011, 20:37
Glad it's not just me that can't stand Michael "sodding" Buble. He just seems to have no real emotion at all, just seems to want to get to the end of the song as soon as possible, get paid and piss off. I wish he would miss out the first two steps and just piss off before opening his mouth. I don't normally have such bad feelings towards any artist but he just annoys me:)

Jonboy
14-12-2011, 20:47
they were Playing the new Bruce Forcyth
Standards Massacred, I felt like Driving into a Bridge:(

I know what you mean i just don't get what everyone sees in the wiggy twat, good game good game , i think its because he wears a wig that puts me off him its the same as men dying thier hair, just except that fact that you are bald and grey and be done with it

The Black Adder
14-12-2011, 21:11
Glad it's not just me that can't stand Michael "sodding" Buble. He just seems to have no real emotion at all, just seems to want to get to the end of the song as soon as possible, get paid and piss off. I wish he would miss out the first two steps and just piss off before opening his mouth. I don't normally have such bad feelings towards any artist but he just annoys me:)

No emotion, cheap lyrics, awful voice, electronically tuned (I'm sure of it) and...

HOLD PRESS

The knob has done a duet with Shania Twain.. This is truely THE WORST COMBINATION EVER as well as THE WORST SONG EVER as Shania is another one of my pet hates.

Marco
14-12-2011, 21:11
plus I must add they were Playing the new Bruce Forcyth
Standards Massacred, I felt like Driving into a Bridge

The new Bruce Forsyth album??? Oh, FFS, the world is truly going bloody cuckoo! :lolsign: :mental: :mental:

Marco.

The Black Adder
14-12-2011, 21:12
I'd rather listen to William Shatner doing the Pulp classic Common People.

Oh yes... he's only gone and done it.

Bluedroog
14-12-2011, 21:19
Duffy :doh: I really can't say anymore on the subject :steam:

Rare Bird
15-12-2011, 11:11
Dont do radio

sparrow
15-12-2011, 12:05
Westlife thank F**k they are packing up next year. 4 pompous arseholes who maybe can sing a bit but can't write a hit record to save themeselves.

The Black Adder
15-12-2011, 12:29
Duffy - ugh, talk about overdoing it.
Westlife - haha... ffs, just another pretty boy group with lots of marketing and no initial talent.

Take That too... Gawd oh ruddy mighty - utter, utter, utter crap

The Black Adder
15-12-2011, 12:32
Dont do radio

I don't normally, maybe this is why it rubbed me up the wrong way.

I wish DJ's would get grow a backbone too as it seems every DJ love every song they play. I know a DJ on BBC regional radio and she totally hates the tracks they play but cannot say anything about them... talk about hands tied.

Rare Bird
15-12-2011, 12:40
I dont do commercial music anyway, however i don't need any 'no knothing about music' of a DJ telling me what to listern to :lolsign:

When radio finally goes the world will be rid of more noise polution :rfl:

Roy S
15-12-2011, 17:50
+ another for Micky Bubble (really looking forward to his Xmas special)

JK is an annoying little t**t as well, brilliant when that photographer he was picking on got the better of him

Bluedroog
15-12-2011, 18:57
JK is an annoying little t**t as well, brilliant when that photographer he was picking on got the better of him

I think we should share that with people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRKc_AgAniI

3:30 if you want to skip to impact. I once got moved from court room 1 to court room 2 at Bow St for that ****.

Roy S
15-12-2011, 19:04
...always worth watching again

Reid Malenfant
15-12-2011, 19:05
I think we should share that with people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRKc_AgAniI
:rfl: That was a classic, I wish I was the journalist :cool:

Tarzan
15-12-2011, 20:05
Maroon 5, Shouting for Girls, how on earth these groups got a record deal is beyond me, every song the same.....................agh:steam:

Bluedroog
15-12-2011, 20:48
Maroon 5, Shouting for Girls, how on earth these groups got a record deal is beyond me, every song the same.....................agh:steam:

Good call on Marron 5, can’t for the life of me get how they conned a career in music, compounded by their new JBL dock advert...

Assume you mean 'scouting' for girls again WTF. They are like a slightly better brought up version of Hard-Fi - Wow they are a bunch of ****s. Epitome of ‘lads culture’ they’re the band equivalent of those WKD blue alcho pop adverts. Grrrrrr.

MartinT
15-12-2011, 20:50
Lily Allen with her dreadful estuary English :spew:

The Black Adder
15-12-2011, 21:14
Maroon5 - yep, I've no idea how they got a recording deal. My local has better bands than them doing turns.

Lily Allen is another one that the world could have done without.

JK.. Well, the twat with the hat... need I say more.

Roy S
15-12-2011, 21:20
Mick Hucknall, Ginger T***er

The Black Adder
15-12-2011, 22:00
Mick Hucknall, Ginger T***er

That goes without saying matey... He's a staple t***er.

Marco
15-12-2011, 22:27
Lily Allen with her dreadful estuary English :spew:

I think that I could put up with her, in nothing but a Santa hat, bent over a chair and made to moan rather loudly :eyebrows:

Marco.

Thing Fish
16-12-2011, 00:16
Biggest twat I ever had the bad fortune to work with was Buddy Rich. Guy was a complete tool of the first order.

The Grand Wazoo
16-12-2011, 00:52
How did you come to work with Buddy Rich then Dave? I heard he had a bit of an ego & a temper - apparently he once got a smack across the chops from Dusty Springfield, though!

I'm not so keen on drum solos at all, but 'e could'n 'alf wack 'em!

9esWG6A6g-k

Thing Fish
16-12-2011, 01:11
I used to do the lighting for concerts and shows at Fairfield halls (Croydon)

He played there. I think it was around 1977?

One instance among many was when the guitarist in his band was doing a solo, the spotlight was moved briefly onto him. Buddy stopped the show there and then claiming he was the star and the light should be kept on him at all times...:doh:

The Black Adder
16-12-2011, 08:03
I used to do the lighting for concerts and shows at Fairfield halls (Croydon)

He played there. I think it was around 1977?

One instance among many was when the guitarist in his band was doing a solo, the spotlight was moved briefly onto him. Buddy stopped the show there and then claiming he was the star and the light should be kept on him at all times...:doh:

Blimey! - What a nob.

The Grand Wazoo
16-12-2011, 08:08
...........a team player then!

webby
16-12-2011, 09:55
Mariah Carey, beyonce, but I can listen to leona Lewis. I think she's different class despite Hurt.

jazzpiano
17-12-2011, 18:21
Anything I hear at the mall when I take my daughter to work. I hate those places - talk about a shrine to consumerism and manipulation of teens. Other than that I don't listen.

Best,
Barry

PS - but, I second Moron 5, almost anything they play on my son's fave "alternative" (anything but) station, and much of what gets played on the so-called "music for grown-ups" Cafe Tonight/ singer-songwriter crap, where everything sounds like the weakest cut on an album AND, the same as everything else (except Hans Theessink's cover of "Sympathy for the Devil" I heard two nights back that actually sounded pretty cool - Phew!...)

~Barry

Tim
17-12-2011, 18:37
Anything I hear at the mall when I take my daughter to work.
God I hate those places as well..... unfortunately they are catching :(