PDA

View Full Version : Hello AOS

Glove
12-12-2011, 21:58
hello folks.... i am from singapore and i have joined AOS quite a while back but have been one of the guilty ones not coming here to introduce myself..

so here I am... while I type this, I am also watching Chelsea lead 2-1 against Man City.... no offence to Man City fans but I am hoping for a Chelsea win to create more excitment in the BPL.

I am vinyl fan since my secondary school days and have kept my records since those days. I switched to CD (as with many others) when the CD revolution came along but have about 2 years back decided to start vinyl playing again.

I purchased a used Technics SL1200 MK3 and bought some locally made tube gears (pre/power) to begin my music adventures. I play the music through a Tannoy Sterling SE which has been great to use so far.

All sorts of music have had a touch of my Shure M95G and not to mention the Zu DL103. MM/MC support is provided for by a Trigon Advance phono stage which has given me lots of flexibilty which I had seeked when I restarted the hobby.

Am a big fan of the 60-70s rock music (Deep Purple, Beatles, Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, Budgie, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd) as well as the 80s indie scene (read the Jesus & MaryChain, The The, That Petrol Emotion, The Cure, The Smiths, Pavement, The Pixies etc). In current times, I am catching up on The XX, The National, Cinematic Orchestra, Andrew Bird and some others...

So there goes my introduce....thank you for this great forum !

Cheers, Vincent

PS: Glove also represents the first alphabet of my immediate family members....Grace, Linus, Eric, Olivia in case anyone is wondering....

The Grand Wazoo
12-12-2011, 22:08
Hi Vincent - what a perfect introduction you've done here!
Welcome to AoS from me.
Cheers

Alex_UK
12-12-2011, 22:31
Indeed - textbook stuff - fits like a glove! ;) Enjoy AoS. :) (Nowabout to play some Cinematic Orchestra - cheers for the hint!)

John
13-12-2011, 06:05
Welcome to AOS Vincent
Great intro

MartinT
13-12-2011, 06:44
Hi Vincent and welcome to AoS. Great system and musical tastes, there!

Glove
15-12-2011, 00:56
Thanks for the warm welcome folks..
The contributions in this forum have been enormous in my upgrade decisions..ha critical even I might say...
So far my upgrades include the Jelco SA750D and the Paul Hynes PSU. Planning for a bearing upgrade soon..

Reid Malenfant
15-12-2011, 21:39
Hi Vincent, a warm welcome to AoS from me to as it happens :) I was just attempting to remind myself of what your name conjured up & it came to me :)

Vital Information Necessary Centralised, apologies as I got it from a film, Disneys Black Hole :eyebrows:

Which as it happens I can't wait for on blu ray :)

All the very best to you & I hope you enjoy your stay here! ;)

Spectral Morn
16-12-2011, 10:15
Welcome to AOS Vincent

Regards D S D L