PDA

View Full Version : Qed 240 sa

contarex56
11-12-2011, 15:16
I have bought on e bay this ampifier. The MM phono board works but not the MC. Is it like for ONIX amplifier a phono card to be changed ?
Do you know a friend willing to sell it ????;)

Rare Bird
11-12-2011, 15:54
Two boards for that amp the standard board that is (just MM) is a small rectangular board.. Take the lid off you will see it plugged in the back corner. The SA board is a large square board

contarex56
12-12-2011, 09:08
Thanks Andre, does it mean that some qed 240 SA have been sold only with the small board ? My amp is Qed 240 SA ( written at the front side) has both entry at the back but works only on the MM entry.

Robert

keiths
12-12-2011, 10:12
Maybe there's a switch or jumper on the board to select MM/MC?

Rare Bird
12-12-2011, 10:46
Thanks Andre, does it mean that some qed 240 SA have been sold only with the small board ? My amp is Qed 240 SA ( written at the front side) has both entry at the back but works only on the MM entry.

Robert

Easiest thing to do is remove the lid & see if the square Super Analogue board is fitted, it will say so on it. put a picture up on the board if you will

contarex56
06-01-2012, 09:29
I opened the black box and saw that the phono cart is a really big one but when I set a denon 103 MC cartridge in use and connect to the MC entry. Ihear a wind sound " fffffff" but no proper music ... Why ?
The phono card does look not dammaged ...

StanleyB
06-01-2012, 09:52
First stop is to check that the 103 pin outs are correctly wired up. The colour coding of the cartridge to TT wiring is critical.

contarex56
06-01-2012, 11:37
:rolleyes:No problem with the cartridge , she goes wel with my onix 21 with MC phono board but not with the QED.
It is complicated to know because not many vintage friend use the QED.
I ve read ; there is a rectangular phono board to the 240 CD and a bigger square to the SA. BUT does this big phono board work as well for MC and MM ? Like on the Cyrus 2 but on the cyrus there is a switch to change the entry. Or like the ONIX where one have to change the phono board to get MC or MM ?

StanleyB
06-01-2012, 12:39
In general, when you only get a hissing type sound from a phono preamp, there is a problem with the wiring. But as your :rolleyes: indicates, you have already discounted that. Sorry that I didn't quite gather that from your previous posting, and for my suggestion afterwards that you should check the connection. I was just trying to be helpful, without any success obviously :doh:.

contarex56
09-04-2012, 13:00
Thanks to F307 I found the way ; one has to open the amplifier and find the white switches on the phono board and set them at theposition for MC or MM , then one has to close the amplifier and connect the wire between phono and amplifier on the good entry.
With Onix , one has to change the phono board. With Cyrus one has not to open the amplifier and only connect at the right entry !! These British they like to have their own way !