PDA

View Full Version : Hi all...

Wolfie
10-12-2011, 21:20
'evening folks - my name's Mick, I'm from sarf London, and I have a taste for Linn gear (sorry!).
It's been a long journey - I started out in the early 'seventies with a Garrard SP25 (mk IV?) and an integrated amp by a company called "RT+VC" as I recall. I've been through loads of stuff since then:- turntable went to Transcriptor Saturn, Thorens TD160 then an LP12 in 1980. Amplifier(s) went through a Luxman, Meridian and Electrocompaniet to Linn, and 'speakers to Celestion Ditton 33, Bolivar 64, Linn Sara and Linn Kaber.
Digital sources have been a Philips CD player I can't clearly recall, Linn Karik & Numerik, Linn Ikemi, then most of the original DS boxes; Sneaky, Majik, Akurate and now Renew, which is superb.
Currently my setup is all Linn, which I know will be boring to some, and horrifying to others, but I like it so I'm happy.
Two sources - a Renew DS, and an almost maxed out LP12, with everything apart from an Ekos SE; I currently use a mk II Ekos.
Klimax Kontrol is the pre, three 2250 power amps with internal active cards, and a pair of Espeks make up the rest.
As for music; well, most stuff really, but with a real taste for the blues (acoustic and electric) and rocksteady/ska from the 'sixties. I also love electronica, and as a result think that Underworld being involved in next year's Olympics will be the only reason I'll watch any of it!

Cheers

Mick

Reid Malenfant
10-12-2011, 21:31
Hi Mick, I love electronica to so welcome to AoS ;)

Fella, it doesn't matter what equipment you listen to stuff on as long as you enjoy the results :) I pick & mix stuff as long as it gets on with each other. Never been one for naims, or is that names? :D

I hope you enjoy your stay here, all the best to you! :cool:

Wolfie
10-12-2011, 21:34
Cheers Mark!

keiths
10-12-2011, 21:35
Hi Mick - welcome to the forum :wave:

The Grand Wazoo
10-12-2011, 21:37
Hi Mick,
Welcome to AoS -
Erm........you'll have to have a word with another member here called Mark (worthingpagan). I think he's got your avatar!

Wolfie
10-12-2011, 21:53
Thanks all - "Power to the people"!

Alex_UK
10-12-2011, 22:00
Hi Mick, welcome from me too. AoS is a broad church - sure, there are some "forum favourites" but we don't look down on anyone's kit - the important thing is that you are passionate enough about hifi - and just as importantly the music - to join us, so kick off your shoes, chill out and join in - and I 100% agree re Underworld - the only reason I'll be excited about the Olympics! ;)

Enjoy AoS. :)

Reid Malenfant
10-12-2011, 22:00
Thanks all - "Power to the people"!
That rings a rather big bell :D

snapper
11-12-2011, 01:19
'evening folks - my name's Mick, I'm from sarf London, and I have a taste for Linn gear (sorry!).
Cheers

Mick

No need to be sorry, Mick.

Welcome to the forum, from another who has a taste for Linn gear.

:cool:

Wolfie
11-12-2011, 10:25
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. What a nice place this is!

Mick

Wolfie
11-12-2011, 13:12
I guess I should also point out, in case anyone's seen the date of my joining (October 2008!) and wondered why I've only now introduced myself it's simply because I joined then, and life kind of got in the way and I forgot about the forum 'til yesterday. I've nothing to sell!

Mick

Spectral Morn
11-12-2011, 14:25
Hi Mick

Welcome to AOS

Regards D S D L