PDA

View Full Version : Interest check/For Trade: Audio Note Io / AN S4 SUT

montesquieu
10-12-2011, 18:32
A change of TT and tonearm has led me to think about a change of cartridge - so my beloved Io is up for possible exchange.

This is an original Kondo body, recently totally rebuilt (completely re-made at the factory using the existing body and magnet, ie not retipped) by Audio Note UK to AN UK Io2 specification.

I also have an Audio Note copper 1:100 (1 ohm) step-up to go with it which might be thrown in as part of the exchange particularly if an interesting SUT comes with the cartridge.

What I'm looking for: a top-level cartridge, preferably little used - eg higher end Transfiguration, Myajima, Jan Allerts, or somesuch. Preference goes to something more medium compliance rather than low compliance like the Io, as my new tonearm is more lightweight than my old 12in PU7.

My existing 'other' SUT really needs at least 0.4mv to sound its best into my phono stage, so either looking for something around this level (rather than very low output) or something that comes with a beefier SUT as part of the deal.

More details on request.

montesquieu
12-12-2011, 00:04
temporarily suspended for a rethink - it may be back again in due course but off the table for now.