PDA

View Full Version : 'The Wand' unipivot tonearm: could it be the next budget 'giantkiller'?

jostber
07-12-2011, 17:08
Anyone tried any of these tonearms with the Technics?

DaVinci Virtue

http://www.da-vinci-audio.com/#/tonearm/

TheWand

http://www.gumboot.com/cgi-bin/ezshop/shop/2052?category=19&categorygo.x=1

Origin Silver MK3A

http://www.tonearm.co.uk/silver-tonearm.htm

Marco
07-12-2011, 17:50
Hi Jostein,

Do you know how much they all are? :)

Marco.

keiths
07-12-2011, 18:07

The Wand is only just over £300 and looks very interesting indeed.

Marco
07-12-2011, 18:14
Really? Now *that* is interesting, particularly if it stops folk buying bloody boring, ten-a-penny, Regas all the time! :rolleyes:

'The Wand' looks like marvellous value for £300! :)

Marco.

jostber
07-12-2011, 19:02
Hi Jostein,

Marco.

Oh, found out that the DaVinci is all new and recently launched at the frisky price of EUR9150. :) Looking beautifully though. The two others seems more within my price range.

Beobloke
07-12-2011, 21:25
'The Wand' looks like marvellous value for £300! :)

Marco.

It is...:eyebrows:

MartinT
07-12-2011, 22:18
Does the Wand look vaguely like the Continuum Cobra? Perhaps it's an Antipodean thing.

Darren
07-12-2011, 22:25
The Wand looks like a giant tropical millipede. Vile!
The origin live looks neat. How about a Roksan Nima?

jostber
07-12-2011, 23:44
More on the Wand here with some words from the designer:

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/11/wand-unipivot-tonearm-from-design-build.html
http://www.designbuildlisten.com/wandgallery.htm

YNWaN
08-12-2011, 09:55
There are a number of areas where The Wand doesn't look like a finished product though - more of a prototype.

Audioman
08-12-2011, 10:28
I think it needs a more rigid mounting with a means of running the phono wires beneath a plinth. The World article is very positive but it needs refinement to be a viable commercial product. Mounting a cartridge looks fiddly also.

Beobloke
08-12-2011, 12:44
Mounting a cartridge looks fiddly also.

I can assure you it isn't, as there is a nice solid plate securely fitted into the arm tube which the photographs don't really show.

Setup is actually quite pleasant generally as, although it is a more involved process than with most arms, the instructions are superb and well illustrated.

Marco
08-12-2011, 18:58
I think it looks decidedly quirky with a Zu-103 strapped to it:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5573/gallery12sp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/gallery12sp.jpg/)

Certainly way more interesting, and with considerably more potential, than any boring and common-as-muck RB250 or 300!

Marco.

Darren
14-12-2011, 22:36
Surely the Rega arms of chock full of potential? That's why they are the most modded tonearm in history.

simon e
14-12-2011, 23:12
Good question I'm looking for an arm to suit a td124 and a rega seamed the obvious choice because of the prices you can pick up a second hand one for.

MartinT
15-12-2011, 06:40
Dull. You'd be better off with a Jelco SA-250ST.

DSJR
15-12-2011, 07:17
Surely the Rega arms of chock full of potential? That's why they are the most modded tonearm in history.

The Rega arms are CHEAP and the 250 is easy to strip I believe, never having attempted it. The 300 uses bearings as good as any SME I believe, which are hand-selected for tolerance on their shafts (I had a go myself once on a visit and it's an easy thing to do by "feel") and then carefully torqued up with a custom tool. many of the bodgers out there almost certainly don't have the training or tooling to re-assemble them properly and I can think of one manufacturer who actually makes the arm worse, fitting badly finished add-ons and adding resonances that weren't there before, all in the cause of making for a more "exciting" sound. The only modified Rega arm I'd probably consider, all things considered, is the Michell one, as there's a good relationship I understand between the two manufacturers and they work together in the final assembly I think.

Nah, the Rega arms are fine, reliable, CONSISTENT and can sound fine on some turntable systems.

As for the Wand, it looks great and original and I really hope it's the true giant killer it promises to be - I like uni-pivots if they're done right and not too fiddly to use - can't be a*sed these days and the memory of re-assembling countless Hadcocks leaves it's scars I'm afraid, despite their fine subjective qualities...

MartinT
15-12-2011, 07:51
I had a Michell TecnoArm and it was not bad at all, certainly less dull sounding than a standard Rega. I have to say, though, that the Jelco sounded better all-round.

sq225917
15-12-2011, 10:19
I'm interested in it but not with the current arm mounting arrangement.

keiths
15-12-2011, 10:19
Nah, the Rega arms are fine, reliable, CONSISTENT and can sound fine on some turntable systems....

Indeed they are. I use one and find it fine on my Lenco. I'm not under the delusion that my RB300 is the ultimate tonearm or anything, but it does the job and cost me £85 second hand. Sure I'd love a Dynavector, Ortofon, Jelco or whatever, but some of us have to make do with what we can afford. This isn't jealousy or anything - good luck to those who can afford to spend big on their systems; believe you me, if I ever get lucky enough to find myself comfortably off, I'd be upgrading like crazy too, but that's not how it is.

Some posters here seem to have a bee in their bonnet about Rega arms, labelling owners of them "boring", "unimaginative", "unsophisticated" and generally foolish and inferior. That doesn't seem to happen with other affordable components and, I must say, I'm getting a bit pissed off with it.

Marco
15-12-2011, 10:37
Hi Keith,

I guess you're referring to some of the comments I've made. I apologise if I've upset or offended you.

Rest assured that I wasn't referring to people who own Rega arms because they can't afford to use anything else, but rather to those who can but don't, often either through a lack of imagination, blinkered 'flat-earthism', and/or simply seeking the 'safe'/'popular' choice, or have been influenced by peer pressure, and/or (in the case of, for example, SME), the lure of 'the badge'.

Therefore, my comments don't apply to you. Quite simply, however, if one has a budget of £1000+ to spend on a tonearm, there's a whole big world out there away from the mainstream and the likes of an RB1000, SME 309/IV, Linn Ekos, Origin Live, etc, as evidenced on the Creative Tonearm thread elsewhere in Analogue Art.

Fair enough if you've listened to some of the options available and settled on one of the above as the favourite, but simply to do otherwise, smacks of laziness and a distinct lack of imagination or lateral thinking, and making choices for reasons other than what should matter most: achieving the best sound-per-pound value within your available budget.

I hope that this clears up the confusion, and once again, sorry for any offence caused :)

Marco.

keiths
15-12-2011, 11:11
I hope that this clears up the confusion, and once again, sorry for any offence caused :)

Marco.

Morning Marco. Thanks for the clarification and no offence taken :)

Marco
15-12-2011, 11:18
Nice one, dude. For £85, you simply couldn't have bought a better modern tonearm! :)

Marco.

Audioman
15-12-2011, 11:33
Some posters here seem to have a bee in their bonnet about Rega arms, labelling owners of them "boring", "unimaginative", "unsophisticated" and generally foolish and inferior. That doesn't seem to happen with other affordable components and, I must say, I'm getting a bit pissed off with it.

:thumbsup:

Agree. Just because Rega aren't the best match for certain people's Techies does not make them a bad arm. They work well on a lot of turntables and I understand the latest variants are a considerable improvement. Funny how Beobloke who has reviewed countless arms including forum favourites is so enthusiastic about the SME 309.

Wasn't the 3009 series designed to accomodate SPU's incorporating a headshell dimension that is in fact an Ortofon invention? I think the method of adjustment for alignment and azimuth used by SME would have solved certain recent issues.:lol:

Don't confuse neutrality with boring as opposed to adding excitement through added resonances and deviation from the most accurate reproduction. There's also a lot to be said for buying British made kit when superb products are still being made here.

DSJR
15-12-2011, 11:37
May I add here that a composite wooden-ply type arm-board seems to like the Rega arms IMO and that tightly coupling one to a metal plate may not be the answer for these.

I do disagree about the "badge factor" of the SME's though. I do agree that the cost is horrendous and the supplying dealers don't make a huge margin either (maybe the biggest ones do, but they are one or two in the UK I reckon), but there's something about the finish and handling pleasure :eyebrows: of a SME 309, IV and V that is difficult to describe. I have used them in pre-Cirkus LP12's too to great effect and always preferred the SME V to an Ekos of any marque on these. I haven't tried an SME on a Cirkus LP12 but would hope it would be even better. I have no idea if there's an SME cut Keel (I very much doubt it?) but an SME cut Rubikon would be interesting I think...

Marco
15-12-2011, 11:55
Hi Dave,

I do disagree about the "badge factor" of the SME's though.

Well, some people buy them for that very reason, so there's nothing to disagree about, matey. It's a fact! ;)

I know personally of people who have bought SME products (tonearms and T/Ts) solely on the strength of their brand reputation, glowing magazine reviews, and also through an element of badge snobbery, or even something ridiculously superficial and quaint, such as the desire to own equipment that is 'quintessentially British'! :lol:

Each to his or her own, I guess, but that attitude is not likely to result in owning equipment that is high in SPPV, and often also, it results in not owning the genuinely best sounding equipment at the price point one can afford.

Sorry, but if the goal is to achieve the best possible sound, it's a lazy and often ineffectual attitude to have, IMO, and a sure way of never achieving true sonic greatness with a system.

...but there's something about the finish and handling pleasure :eyebrows: of a SME 309, IV and V that is difficult to describe.

Yes, but what matters most - "finish and handling pleasure" or ultimate sound quality? This is not a discussion about jewellery or expensive cars, it's about audio equipment and hearing one's music at its best!

I've used plenty of SME tonearms in the past, and yes they're superbly engineered and a joy to use, but in comparison to other similarly priced (or cheaper) tonearms on the market, with anything other than a suitably 'upfront' sounding cartridge, they sound about as bland and grey as a rainy day in Slough....

Furthermore, SME arms don't have the monopoly on luxurious build and feel. I can assure you that both Martin's Dynavector and my Ortofon, for example, easily do both of that to the same degree, and sound WAY better to boot! :ner:

So my advice to anyone in the market for a high-end tonearm, is to think outside of the box, do some research (and if necessary) legwork, and follow some of the less 'well-trodden' paths in world of tonearms. Trust me, if you do, the rewards can be substantial.

Marco.

Audioman
15-12-2011, 12:01
May I add here that a composite wooden-ply type arm-board seems to like the Rega arms IMO and that tightly coupling one to a metal plate may not be the answer for these.

I do disagree about the "badge factor" of the SME's though. I do agree that the cost is horrendous and the supplying dealers don't make a huge margin either (maybe the biggest ones do, but they are one or two in the UK I reckon), but there's something about the finish and handling pleasure :eyebrows: of a SME 309, IV and V that is difficult to describe. I have used them in pre-Cirkus LP12's too to great effect and always preferred the SME V to an Ekos of any marque on these. I haven't tried an SME on a Cirkus LP12 but would hope it would be even better. I have no idea if there's an SME cut Keel (I very much doubt it?) but an SME cut Rubikon would be interesting I think...

Regas work fine on metal arm boards. They like any stiff arm (including SME) do require a degree of decoupling to perform at their best. Both arms are stock recommendations for the Mitchell decks for instance. As for horrendous costs of SME products this makes many other brands appear just as overpriced. Audio Origami, Marco's Ortofon, Linn Ekos SE, Dynavector and others come to mind.

I don't think it's badge snobbery but superior quality and ease of adjustment at their market price point that makes SME popular. Which arm sounds best will depend on synergy with cartridge and TT used as well as personal taste.

Marco
15-12-2011, 12:19
Hi Paul,

Regas work fine on metal arm boards. They like any stiff arm (including SME) do require a degree of decoupling to perform at their best. Both arms are stock recommendations for the Mitchell decks for instance.

Interesting, and I would agree, as all the times I've heard Rega and SME arms sounding what I'd consider as half-decent, they've generally been on an Orbe or a Gyrodec....

As for horrendous costs of SME products this makes many other brands appear just as overpriced. Audio Origami, Marco's Ortofon, Linn Ekos SE, Dynavector and others come to mind.

Sure, but the term "overpriced" is entirely subjective, and so I deliberately haven't used that word. My argument is based on achieving the highest sound-per-pound value, which is a different thing entirely, and one which in my experience is poor value with most SME ams, in comparison to the others you've mentioned (save the Linn).

I don't think it's badge snobbery but superior quality and ease of adjustment at their market price point that makes SME popular.

Well, again I can only speak from experience and state that I *actually* know of people who qualify for the first description you've mentioned, so I can assure you that it's not a figment of my imagination! ;)

And as for "superior quality and ease of adjustment", there is nothing about an SME V, in that respect, that isn't equalled or bettered by my Ortofon or Martin's Dynavector.

Which arm sounds best will depend on synergy with cartridge and TT used as well as personal taste.

Absolutely, but it pays to think outside of the box and apply some lateral thinking, in order to arrive at what one thinks sounds best, rather than simply sticking to the same tired old 'tried and tested' options, which often don't offer the best sonic performance at their given price point.

Marco.

Audioman
15-12-2011, 14:30
Hi Paul,

[QUOTE]
Sure, but the term "overpriced" is entirely subjective, and so I deliberately haven't used that word. My argument is based on achieving the highest sound-per-pound value, which is a different thing entirely, and one which in my experience is poor value with most SME ams, in comparison to the others you've mentioned (save the Linn).

I was mearly speculating that if Dave's view on pricing is right all the other high end arms are 'overpriced'. Not a view I would entirely agree with although they are very expensive by many people's standards. Many though wouldn't bat an eyelid at spending same on a large TV.

Well, again I can only speak from experience and state that I *actually* know of people who qualify for the first description you mention, so I can assure you that it's not a figment of my imagination! ;)

And as for "superior quality and ease of adjustment", there is nothing about an SME V, in that respect, that isn't equalled or bettered by my Ortofon or Martin's Dynavector.

I think you are comparing with two exceptionaly good arms in this respect especialy the Dynavector. Unfortunately the latter is also too heavy for decks with suspensions. There is also a certain amount of badge value in ownership of other high end brands. The SME is better known and marketed and I imagine so remains inspirational to less knowledgable Audiophiles. At least it doesn't fall into the B and O / Bose catagory. As far as value is concerned and going by the current specs of SME arms (website is not entirely accurate) the real SPP isn't the series V (where the snob value realy lies). Judging from others opinions the cabling options now available are an important factor.

Marco
15-12-2011, 15:34
Hi Paul,

I think you are comparing with two exceptionaly good arms in this respect especialy the Dynavector.

Well, what else should I compare an SME V to (SME's flagship 9" arm) - something less exceptionally good? Lol!

The fact is that my Ortofon RS-212D costs about £200 less than an SME V, and in my opinion (and also that of others who have seen and heard it), it is every bit as well-engineered, yet sounds far better!

Therefore, it's a perfectly fair comparison to make, so I'm not sure what your point is :scratch:

Unfortunately the latter is also too heavy for decks with suspensions.

True, but I suspect that no knowledgeable and discerning audiophile would use one on a bouncy T/T! ;)

There is also a certain amount of badge value in ownership of other high end brands.

Indeed there is, and it's a bizarre and rather ludicrous mentality that I simply can't relate to :mental:

The SME is better known and marketed and I imagine so remains inspirational to less knowledgable Audiophiles.

Absolutely true again, but I don't think it excuses people from failing to look beyond the end of the noses! Most people have access to computers these days, and so it's not difficult to carry out a little research and form a more wide-ranging opinion on items one is intending on buying. It's called using common sense.

As far as value is concerned and going by the current specs of SME arms (website is not entirely accurate) the real SPP isn't the series V (where the snob value realy lies)

Absolutely. The real SPPV items in the SME tonearm range are the Series M2 and 309, both of which offer excellent value (and with the right cartridge) can sound superb!

Marco.

RochaCullen
15-12-2011, 16:35
So has anyone tried the Wand? Given its price point, I'd defintely love to give it a lash.

Nathan

Audioman
15-12-2011, 17:52
Marco.

Hi Paul,

Well, what else should I compare an SME V to (SME's flagship 9" arm) - something less exceptionally good? Lol!

The fact is that my Ortofon RS-212D costs about £200 less than an SME V, and in my opinion (and also that of others who have seen and heard it), it is every bit as well-engineered, yet sounds far better!

Therefore, it's a perfectly fair comparison to make, so I'm not sure what your point is :scratch:

What I am saying is the 2 arms you compare with are made to very high standards and easy to use. This cannot be said of some other £2K arms.

True, but I suspect that no knowledgeable and discerning audiophile would use one on a bouncy T/T! ;)

I take it you are refering to a certain bouncy thing from Scotland rather than better designed TTs that combine mass with spring isolation. :)

[/QUOTE]

Paul.

Marco
15-12-2011, 18:57
I take it you are refering to a certain bouncy thing from Scotland rather than better designed TTs that combine mass with spring isolation. :)

Lol - it was a tongue-in-cheek remark! :eyebrows:

However, personally I wouldn't use the Dynavector on anything other than a quality direct-drive T/T, or on something like a Garrard 301/401, or Thorens TD124, in nice solid plinths, or on high-mass string-drive T/Ts, such as the Scheu Analog or Platine Verdier, as those types of turntables are where my passions lie :)

Marco.

sq225917
15-12-2011, 23:10
"Every bit as well engineered"? You're having a laugh though, that'll be the same arm where the contact pins fell into the arm tube and there's no way to fix it so it had to go back to Ortofon. ;-) It might be visually well finished but the quality of engineering and design forethought is in the same league.... really.... hand on heart?

Marco
16-12-2011, 00:02
Lol - well, it's not the arm's fault that I was daft enough to remove something that I shouldn't have done! ;)

Also, every detachable headshell Jap tonearm I've used or seen, at various price points, (bear in mind that the RS-212D is made in Japan, by Jelco) contains that little grub screw, which is located just behind the bayonet fitting housing, so I suspect that if it were undone, the same fate would've befallen those arms, too....

Therefore, what happened to the Ortofon wasn't the result of a design flaw, or anything to do with poor quality construction, but rather a situation peculiar to the design of detachable headshell tonearms. There is nothing like that to loosen on fixed headshell arms, SME or otherwise, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are better.

It might be visually well finished but the quality of engineering and design forethought is in the same league.... really.... hand on heart?

Absolutely, although you can judge for yourself when we have that bake-off at your place, once you get your new T/T. And anyway, regardless of how well the Ortofon arm is engineered, compared to an SME, it sounds WAY better than any of the latter that I've heard, which of course is what matters most! :eyebrows:

You have to admit that it looks the biz on the Techy (pic taken at Martin T's place, where the Ortofon was fitted with his superb Shelter 5000 cartridge):

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/8979/technicsmarco.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/859/technicsmarco.jpg/)

Marco.

Johan
23-09-2012, 16:54
So has anyone tried the Wand? .........
Nathan

Same question , has anyone tried the Wand tonearm? :mental:

Gr. Johan

Barry
23-09-2012, 17:07
There are a number of areas where The Wand doesn't look like a finished product though - more of a prototype.

Agreed! Especially the arm 'pillar' and conterweight adjustments. Looks like 'bog standard' socket-headed bolts have been used.

It could be argued that they do their job and anything more aesthetic would confer no addition sonic benefit, however that aspect does put me off. Otherwise, the use of a large bore carbon fibre tube is a very good idea, and makes the Wind an interesting arm.

Mr Kipling
23-09-2012, 18:08
Looks as ugly as sin - and wouldn't have one given. But that's just me.

DiveDeepDog
24-09-2012, 23:31
I had a good luck at the show, I'm quite keen on purchasing one :)

MCRU had a Plus version on demonstration that appears to answer some of the points raised, most obvious is a lift, but under the skin the mounting post is more substantial than the original 'threaded bolt'.

Looked very nice on Dave's slate 401.

Johan
25-09-2012, 06:27
I had a good luck at the show, I'm quite keen on purchasing one :)
MCRU had a Plus version on demonstration .........most obvious is a lift .......

Thank you !
Are there pictures of ? Would like to see the cables to the phono stage.

Gr Johan

YNWaN
25-09-2012, 07:14
I had a look at The Wand at the recent Whittlebury show and I must say I was rather taken with it - a very interesting piece of design (the finish looked good too).

DiveDeepDog
25-09-2012, 11:10
I didn't take a pic underneath, I believe this version is a single wire, cart to phono, but I'll stand correction, Dave?

http://ww.flickr.com/photos/49381909@N08/8022868838/

ww.flickr.com/photos/49381909@N08/8022868838/

MCRU
25-09-2012, 14:10
Thank you !
Are there pictures of ? Would like to see the cables to the phono stage.

Gr Johan

Hi,
Still un-loading my van but will take some photos soon for you all. The plus version has quite a few improvements over the standard one as already hinted at, the cue lift being the obvious one. There are options provided by me such as pure silver wiring throughout, you can have the wires terminated straight to pure silver eichmanns, wbt's or whatever takes your fancy, eichmann's are my choice.

New on the plus version is the facility to wire the arm loom into an RCA device undernetah the armbase thus allowing you to use a standard pair of RCA cables to connect to your phono stage or SUT.

More to follow, and yes it sounds exceptional for the money, I would have gladly paid £1500-£2000 for it and as it stands it only costs £695 in + version with Cardas wire.

Forgot to mention the 12" version will be available from Dominic, I will sell the 9" version.

MCRU
25-09-2012, 14:37
Just taken some rather quick photos with my HTC of the plus version for anyone interested.

It is useful to point out the original wand reviewed by Adam for World and Neville for Choice is available direct from New Zealand for £400 roughly landed, a plus version is available from myself in 9" and Dominic in 12" (12" ready soon, 9" ready now). The plus version will be sold via a dealer network in the UK so no import duty etc and there have been major improvements and it does sound better because of them. Armboards for all TT's are sold with it.

Apologies for quality of photos but I am busy getting orders out!

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/The%20Wand/IMAG0311_zpsc5f5022d.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/The%20Wand/IMAG0306_zps16f7fd84.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/The%20Wand/IMAG0312_zpsf3be6548.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/The%20Wand/IMAG0308_zps9463bb57.jpg

Johan
25-09-2012, 14:39
Still un-loading my van but will take some photos soon for you all.

Nice.

New on the plus version is the facility to wire the arm loom into an RCA device undernetah the armbase thus allowing you to use a standard pair of RCA cables to connect to your phono stage or SUT.

'm curious about this too.

Gr Johan

Johan
25-09-2012, 14:42
You were faster than me........:):)

MCRU
25-09-2012, 14:45
You were faster than me........:):)

When I get back from the post office I will photo the RCA mechanism that fits underneath the arm board

Marco
25-09-2012, 15:18
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/The%20Wand/IMAG0306_zps16f7fd84.jpg

Wot, no Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs?? ;)

Marco.

MCRU
25-09-2012, 18:02

Marco.

Chief,
Simon who builds The Wand sent me the + parts just before the show and in an ideal world I could have put some bullets on but no one would have seen them anyway as when the TT was playing you cannot see the cables or connectors and TBH I had all my stock to pack besides getting all posters printed and packed (including the excellent TT winner in our get yer TT out for the lads which took pride of place on my stand) so it was impossible to sort it before setting off and then spending 6 hours putting the stand up etc etc.

The Wand + will have eichmann's on as standard, copper ones with cardas wire or silver ones with silver wire to suit customer requirements, or no RCA's at all, cable terminated into a specially made RCA block which sits underneath the armboard to allow customers to use their own interconnects.

Sorted.

Johan
25-09-2012, 19:20
With my best English .....
If you mount the Wand tonearm on a Technics SL1200 with adapted armboard.
What with the adjustment ,is with the tonearm a protractor included?

Gr Johan

MCRU
25-09-2012, 19:22
With my best English .....
If you mount the Wand tonearm on a Technics SL1200 with adapted armboard.
What with the adjustment ,is with the tonearm a protractor included?

Gr Johan

all instructions are provided and fitting tools and an armboard

Johan
26-09-2012, 06:22
all instructions are provided and fitting tools and an armboard

Could you with the enclosed manual and tools and without experience adjust the Wand ?
It's my first vinyl experiment , therefore the question. And I still have much to learn.

Gr Johan

MCRU
26-09-2012, 07:36
Could you with the enclosed manual and tools and without experience adjust the wall?
It's my first vinyl experiment , therefore the question. And I still have much to learn.

Gr Johan

Hi,
I have a technics armboard and of course a Technics Turntable, I will if I get time today fit the wand on for all to see.

Marco
26-09-2012, 09:08
That would be interesting - never seen the Wand on a Techy! :)

Could be a great combo?

Marco.

Rare Bird
09-02-2013, 14:01
I quite like the look of those amps .. Reminds me a bit of the old Sinclair System 2000

http://www.da-vinci-audio.com/virtu_pre_amp.jpg

Rare Bird
10-02-2013, 17:19

Those Cardas GRLM plugs are good, im thinking about them on everything.