PDA

View Full Version : * Urgent All Members Please Read! *

Marco
07-02-2008, 08:59
Hi guys,

We have received a spate of trolling recently where certain members have been sent threats or abuse via private message.

Could I ask that anyone receiving this spam ignores it and forwards it immediately to admin (either myself, Steve or Rob) and we will take the appropriate action. IP and email addresses of all offenders have been logged including details of the messages sent. All information obtained will be included in the action we take that is normal as part of the report procedure in such instances of spamming.

In the meantime until the situation is resolved all new members joining the forum will require having their memberships approved before being able to post. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes. Normal service will be resumed shortly. Thank you for your co-operation.

Regards,
Marco.

jimdgoulding
07-02-2008, 15:30
I've gotten a couple. Audiotimer re: spam: karlowens, too'

Marco
07-02-2008, 15:54
Hi Jim,

Yeah, you're not alone. Just bin 'em, dude.

This is where they belong :bog:

Marco.

Steve Toy
07-02-2008, 18:07
I must point out that the admin team of this site have not been spamming other sites for one simple reason: we don't need to and it would be counter-productive. We wish to foster good relations with those running forums like our own and this means not alienating them by doing anything underhand or through the back door.

If you have received a message telling you that we have been spamming other sites then please give it the contempt it (and the person writing it) deserves.