PDA

View Full Version : The Darling buds of...

StanleyB
24-11-2008, 21:45
And has the chancellor cheered you up? The VAT cut is already working for me. I have had customers email me to postpone their order till next Monday:steam:.

STan

Filterlab
24-11-2008, 22:24
Not really, it's a waste of time and 2.5% means very little in terms of a consumer purchase - it won't affect non-luxury food and the effect on fuel will be negligible. This is simply a "you won't be able to accuse us of doing nothing in a year's time" stunt, or in other words the usual pathetic meaningless arse-pandering we've come to expect from a bunch of wooly mannered hypocritical bunch of red tape brandishing morons.

Ali Tait
24-11-2008, 22:29
Don't beat about the bush Rob,say what you really mean! :)

Clive
24-11-2008, 22:33
The VAT change is totally stupid. Prices are often set at say 16.99, so they'll drop for a while but they'll climb back to 16.99. Then in a year they will raise VAT back to 17.5%. Prices will go up. Inflation.

Filterlab
24-11-2008, 22:43
Don't beat about the bush Rob,say what you really mean! :)

You know me matey. :)

The VAT change is totally stupid. Prices are often set at say 16.99, so they'll drop for a while but they'll climb back to 16.99. Then in a year they will raise VAT back to 17.5%. Prices will go up. Inflation.

Quite right, oh and all the other taxes will be increased to make up for the deficit Labour will have created by lowering VAT. :confused:

Steve Toy
24-11-2008, 23:58
And the VAT on the upward-adjusted excise items like booze, fags and fuel will go up when the, er, bonanza comes to an end along with NI contributions.

I think this is scorched earth - it looks good to the electorate in the short term superficially, will work also as good gesture politics but will leave the inevitable successor government in 2010 with such a mess that they'll fail by the election to follow in 2014 or 2015.

The answer to me was to leave VAT as it is and reduce employer NI contributions from 12% to 5% to make hiring staff cheaper, thus reducing the unemployment toll. Less is more etc.

Spectral Morn
25-11-2008, 00:47
Well guys you know what to do don't you. Don't vote the .................... In next time. The frustration for me is while NI is part of the Uk we don't have any say in the politics of West Minister for the most part(except when Labour needs some votes to save their asses. Shame on NI politicians for helping them).

You guys allowed these ...........................lovely people back into power last time and now we are all paying the price. Vote them out. And if you don't vote then you have no right to complain. Lost my job in part because of these wasters. Oh yeah are they going to be paying 45% tax, like hell they will.

Gordon gives with one hand and takes with the other. Vat reduction a Joke, A vat holiday might have helped. NO STAMP DUTY would help. To take the vat cuts and shove them on to fuel as duty.....Hello how do we get to the shops, how do the goods get moved around. This pre-budget report is a joke of monumental proportions. And I hate the way politicians, (Labour, being the worst IMHO at the present) sit and slap their own backs and smirk, aren't we so great ? NO YOU ARE NOT ! YOU HELPED MUCK THIS ALL UP.

Why should I have to pay for this mess. Did I ever borrow money and live like a loon, No. Do I have or use Credit Cards , No. Have I been fairly prudent,most of the time Yes. It makes me so angry. I have done nothing to cause this mess and yet I am a victim and I will have to pay to help sort this out. Its enough to make you want to go and live somewhere else. But where ? The whole world bar China is stuffed and at this rate China will own the whole world. Isn't it amazing that Americas once great enemy(next to Russia) now owns America to the tune of 8 trillion dollars. Another bunch of wasters. If China called in its debts then the US will end up like Ice Land. And who's next ?

I fear this is the end of the world and four dudes on horses will be next to appear, and one of them wont be playing a game of travel scrable(Young ones ref).

ERRRRRRRRRRRRR D S D L ---- Neil No smiley face ,nothing to smile about.

Clive
25-11-2008, 08:19
If there is any money spare in people's pockets due to tax cuts how much will be spent? They say 50%. How much will stay with UK companies? No one is saying, but I guess 50% at best. So that's 25%. Pretty lousy value for a £12bn bill for the taxpayers.

What they should be doing is investing hugely in capital infrastructure projects to make the country more efficient. At least if we borrow money for such projects we'll have something to show for the expense. People will have jobs and be able to spend money. People need jobs, not expensive short-term tax giveaways. Such stupidity, they jsut think about politics, not what's right.

I rarely get angry but I'm now livid! :steam:

Dave Cawley
25-11-2008, 08:26
Get rid of business rates I say!

But wait, didn't they say a year ago they had stopped the 'boom - bust' cycle problem??

Dave

Filterlab
25-11-2008, 09:47
Well guys you know what to do don't you. Don't vote the .................... In next time...

I'm proud to say that I have NEVER voted Labour, they can nothing for this country and they never have.

Steve Toy
25-11-2008, 10:00
I am ashamed to say I voted for them once in '97 when I thought B.Liar was 'the best Tory pm in years.' I was fooled along with many others.

Filterlab
25-11-2008, 11:55
Indeed, you were far from alone mate.