PDA

View Full Version : Paper record sleeves

stewartwen
27-11-2011, 12:54
I am planning to start a marathon record cleaning, so will need some new 12 inch PAPER record sleeves. I dont use the sleeves with the polyprop inners. l will be looking at about 500 in the first instance.
I dont want to pay any more than 10 pence each, I have looked at all the usual suspects.
I WONT BUY THEM OFF epay.
If you could point me in the right direction I will be gratefull for your help.
S

Thing Fish
27-11-2011, 13:12
These are the chaps I have recently used - http://soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/acatalog/12__WHITE_PAPER_RECORD_SLEEVES.html

stewartwen
27-11-2011, 13:49
Thanks Dave!
S

oldius
27-11-2011, 18:14
Sounds wholesale good product and price

Marco
27-11-2011, 18:22
Hi 'oldius',

Welcome to AoS (though you have been here for a while) :)

As is required by all members, please pop into the Welcome section and introduce yourself to our community, by giving your real first name and basic geographical location, and telling us what system you use and what music you like.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

oldius
27-11-2011, 18:48
No probs Marco will do

Marco
27-11-2011, 21:25
Cheers, matey! :)

Marco.

topoxforddoc
29-11-2011, 23:26
Stewart,
I get my covers from cover33. I normally use the polyliner sleeves after cleaning. However here are the paper ones
http://covers33.co.uk/index.php/record/record-paper-covers/12-white-paper-sleeve
Best wishes,
Charlie

MWalt
07-12-2011, 17:12
To all,

Any opinions about which type of record sleeves are the best? Just curious.

Clive
07-12-2011, 20:13
I tend to use poly sleeves but I'm not conviced they breathe enough, paper may be a good option.

MWalt
07-12-2011, 21:07
I tend to use poly sleeves but I'm not conviced they breathe enough, paper may be a good option.

Sounds like a logical assuption to me, Clive. It seems that some nice new paper sleeves might be the best and cheapest option.

ninedecks
07-12-2011, 23:01
Sounds like a logical assuption to me, Clive. It seems that some nice new paper sleeves might be the best and cheapest option.

I certainly wouldn't argue that paper is able to breathe.
The only problem I have is that LP's are not made of wood. Why would a slab of plastic breathe, do you put them away wet?.
I have experience of LP's in poly and paper liners, I can find no evidence of moisture:scratch:
Dave

Marco
07-12-2011, 23:04
I can find no evidence of moisture...

There could be, David, if you got rather 'excited' listening to a particularly engrossing piece of music! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Clive
08-12-2011, 08:41
I certainly wouldn't argue that paper is able to breathe.
The only problem I have is that LP's are not made of wood. Why would a slab of plastic breathe, do you put them away wet?.
I have experience of LP's in poly and paper liners, I can find no evidence of moisture:scratch:
Dave
A lot depends on your environment. It's not unusual for my room to hit 70% humidity, I bring it down to 40%. Many rooms will see 60% (mine's in a cellar). As I said, I use poly-lined but keeping anything in plastic when not inserted in low humidity and then fully sealed could lead to a problem in years to come. I'm thinking here more of records I have which are worth a fair bit but don't really get played.

ninedecks
08-12-2011, 15:36
There could be, David, if you got rather 'excited' listening to a particularly engrossing piece of music! :eyebrows:

Marco.

At my age I think it will take more than a piece of music - I think we need a playboy smiley.:)

ninedecks
08-12-2011, 15:42
A lot depends on your environment. It's not unusual for my room to hit 70% humidity, I bring it down to 40%. Many rooms will see 60% (mine's in a cellar). As I said, I use poly-lined but keeping anything in plastic when not inserted in low humidity and then fully sealed could lead to a problem in years to come. I'm thinking here more of records I have which are worth a fair bit but don't really get played.

I can understand that extra care for expensive/rare recordings is important.
I have heard of an organisation that is trying to save rare recordings, does anyone know what lengths they go to (is there a link?).
Dave