PDA

View Full Version : Distance Selling Regulations and Ebay

Primalsea
21-11-2008, 22:24
If someone knows anything about this an they explain something to me. I have listings removed from Ebay because apparently I did not show my address and telephone number in my listings which meant they did not comply with the distance selling regulations.

OK fair enough I thought until I saw many other business sellers were not making this info available. Ebay says that the info has to be available in the listing or on the About Me Page. Many other sellers (mostly all Power Sellers with Ebay Shops) don't show this and yet are not having their listings removed.

How can this happen???

Filterlab
22-11-2008, 13:59
Because ebay are a load of c*nts who do their darndest to make it difficult for people to use their service. Easiest thing is just to make the information available, whether you choose to show buyers before close of auction is still your choice, but frankly I just make my information available to buyers and avoid all the hassle. :)

Power sellers and ebay shops have very different rules to standard sellers.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
22-11-2008, 14:41
Hi Primalsea

You may have been a victim of the saddest element of 'e' Bay. The self appointed 'e' Bay Police, they look for the smallest infringements of policy and report it, they seem to take great delight in shopping any and everyone they can, I suppose it just boosts their sad deflated egos

Andy - SDDW