PDA

View Full Version : HELP-Pioneer SA-10000 Wanted

rodders
26-11-2011, 19:00
My SA-1000 had given up and seems beyond repair. Does anyone know where I might find one? I'm looking for something in good condition and willing to pay a reasonable price too.

I've tried all the usual stuff...fleabay etc.

Reid Malenfant
26-11-2011, 19:08
SA1000 was a big integrated if I remember correctly :scratch: It was full of discrete components, now while some of them may well be obsolete there should be replacements available even if it means drilling new holes in the heatsink for different case style power transistors.

It can be fixed. I think I'd rather get my own amp fixed than hope that buying another will give you another 10 years service when it's just as likely to fail as yours has, for obvious reasons such as age!

rodders
27-11-2011, 18:21
Do you know of an organisation/individual has the requisite skills? I've struggled to find someone 0:(

Reid Malenfant
27-11-2011, 18:38
There are people on here who can probably sort the thing for you :) There are electronics engineers on here who build audio gear for a living.

John
27-11-2011, 18:43
GODSTONE HI-FI. John Chinnock
Audio Gold
Lurcher (Nick) posts here but up North east and is a highly rated hifi repair man
http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/vintage-electronic-restoration-repair.shtml

Reid Malenfant
27-11-2011, 18:55
Ah, I did PM Rod about possibly getting in touch with Nick, I didn't realise he was that far away though :doh:

rodders
27-11-2011, 23:09
Just a short distance then :lol:

Reid Malenfant
27-11-2011, 23:12
Just a short distance then :lol:
Yes, my bad as they say:doh:

No-one is perfect :eyebrows:

rodders
01-03-2012, 20:19
The plot continues. After failing miserably to replace my much loved Pioneer SA-1000. I found a lovely chap in Halifax who sold me his SA 9100 amp and matching TX9100 tuner. The amp is in beautiful condition with the tuner pretty good except the tuning mechanism was buggered. Apparently his young nephew was experimenting with the laws of physics and bust the intricate cable assembly. Anyway, manually tuned it into my favourite radio station I'm happy as a dog with two whatsits! To add to this, a very nice guy flogged me a pair of KEZ Cadenzas on eBay (perfect condition) and I just drowned in nostalgia. Maybe an SME 3009 in a reasonable turntable and I've gone to heaven.

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement.

Unsound
04-09-2014, 08:43
Hello Rodders are you still there?

If you still have your SA1000 and it is still not working I'd like to buy it for parts, pretty please...