PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Spectral DMC12/ Albarry M408s

trio leo
25-11-2011, 20:20
Immaculate Spectral DMC 12 Pre-amplifier, MM and MC capable.
This pre-amp is fast,open and beautifully musical, with original box and instruction document.
Also a lovely pair of Albarry M408 Mono-bloc power amps, rebuilt by Neil Burnett about 5 or 6 years ago and fitted with MusicWorks ReCoil mains leads(£400) about 2 years ago.
These amps are a wonderful combination and in current use.
£2,650. buyer collects, I live in Derbyshire.

Regards Al

The Grand Wazoo
25-11-2011, 20:45
Alan,
You now have 2 threads advertising these amps:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14114

keiths
25-11-2011, 21:02
I can count three :lol:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11392

The Grand Wazoo
25-11-2011, 21:19
hmmmm.............
So which ones are we going to delete then?

trio leo
25-11-2011, 23:18
Because I'm not very good with computers, I have advertised the same amps for sale a few times, but I have been reducing the price, I started a while ago at £3000 and now I am down to £2,650.
If I just edit the price in the original advert it seems to be several pages into the list, where I wonder whether people will see the advert, yes I am drawing attention to the advert, I want to sell these amps, but I'm not sure where is the best place to do it, obviously I want the best price I can get in order to buy my new Albarry AP 11/M608 amps and I understand at this time people need a bargain. I'm not just repeating the ad, I'm reducing the price. please delete previous ads if you wish

Kindest regards Al

southall-1998
25-11-2011, 23:26
Sometimes ebay can be good.

trio leo
25-11-2011, 23:49
Thanks Shane, I've never sold anything on ebay, I assume you place a reserve or minimum price one is not prepared to go below and hope for the best, I just assumed on forums that I would be amongst like minded people who had music as the basis for their investment.
regards Al

YNWaN
25-11-2011, 23:55
I just assumed on forums that I would be amongst like minded people who had music as the basis for their investment.
regards Al

In many cases you are. However, you are not necessarily among people who share your taste in amplification, or if they do, are in a position to buy it.

The Grand Wazoo
26-11-2011, 00:08
Just go to the original advert, click 'reply' and say 'price reduced to...'
That will bring it up to the top of the pile & people will see that your price has been reduced...........presto - maximum impact!

trio leo
27-11-2011, 16:29
Thanks Chris,
Sorry if I've been a pain, it's lack of knowledge and experience, I don't even know what bump means. Thick? I thought Ichyfannie was a japanese motorbike.

regards Al

flapland
27-11-2011, 18:27
Would you consider splitting the Pre and Power Amps and if so what would your pricing be, I may be interested in the DMC12 but not until Jan.

It should also help with the sale as I suspect someone looking for both Albarry and Spectral is a pretty rare man.

trio leo
27-11-2011, 20:50
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your reply, not sure what to do really, I wanted to sell it as a complete amplifier, so that I would have the money to buy a complete NEW amplifier, but you may be right, splitting them may actually get me more as 2 separate items.

regards Al