PDA

View Full Version : FS: Garrard 401/SME 3009 II

Gromit
22-11-2011, 15:21
I've decided to move the Garrard on - not an easy decision to make but needs must (just had to shell out over £2.5k on the car which didn't help!) plus I can't justify keeping 2 turntables in the house.

I'd rather sell the whole unit as a package but will split if absolutely necessary.

The 401 was bought early this year and is in gorgeous condition with hardly a mark on it. The centre of the mat (which can look a bit scruffy from some that I've seen) is particularly clean and the whole thing looks like it's had an easy life. It's mounted onto a Russ Collinson birch ply hollow box plinth (plinth is 9 months old) and I've a couple of spare armboards, one of which is suitable for the PL71 arm (210mm spindle-pivot, 22mm hole) and the other for the SME obviously. There's also a spare blank one. The deck runs sweetly and sounds great, as hopefully those who were at Scalford this year can attest to.

The 3009's an early non-Improved - it's not mint but it is otherwise in very clean condition. Serviced by Johnie7 at AO in March this year it had a new c/w stub rubber, full bearing service, cueing damping pot top-up and a Cardas re-wire. The exterior cable is still standard with the 4-pin SME plug. I've got 2 screening cans for it - for both vertical and horizontal exit plugs with assorted hardware. No headshell though as I'm keeping that.

A few piccies...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/Gromit011/IMG_7024_2.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/Gromit011/IMG_5754.jpg

Local pick up (from near Sleaford, Lincs) would be preferred as this is one heavy brute of a turntable. As a whole unit I'd like to see £580 for it, separately £400 for the deck and £200 for the SME.

Thanks. :)

keiths
22-11-2011, 16:07
Wow - that's a serious bargain :stalks:

Good luck with the sale.

John
22-11-2011, 16:56
This is a real bargin folks whoever gets this will have one serious TT

Alex_UK
22-11-2011, 20:18
How much was Jerry looking to spend...?

Good luck with the sale - sounded fab at Scalford - though I'm a bit biased on 401s! ;)

Gromit
22-11-2011, 20:21
Thanks for the kind comments fellas - this is going to be a bit of a wrench letting this baby go but hey ho...

dgdgdgdgdg
23-11-2011, 13:25
Has this sold? - did u get my pm?

Gromit
23-11-2011, 14:32
Hi damian garrard now sold, SME still available. Sorry for late replies I'm out on a gig today so only have intermittent web access.