PDA

View Full Version : The other half and things they make you do, watch etc

Dominic Harper
20-11-2011, 20:01
Natalie has just subjected me to yet another dose of 'Grease the movie'
I would rather have a dose of the squits than watch that tripe :comatose:

Reid Malenfant
20-11-2011, 20:09
You've got squits - there multiplying & you're losing control...

:lolsign:

No other half = no problem I find :cool: Maybe not the best solution to the problem, but it sure as hell works :D

sparrow
20-11-2011, 20:14
What about the other way round...I subject my good wifie to Slayer, Klaus Schulze and many other music she doesn't like and although she owns Grease the Movie she never gets the chance to watch it..

Welder
20-11-2011, 21:11
Oh, i rather like Grease the movie; but then I rather like dancing ;)

Marco
20-11-2011, 21:12
Is this the proper Grease, from the 70s, with John Travolta and Olivia Newton John in it, or the modern shite (that really *is* shite)! ;)

Marco.

Dominic Harper
20-11-2011, 21:22
Natalie has just subjected me to yet another dose of 'Grease the movie'
I would rather have a dose of the squits than watch that tripe :comatose:

Dominic let's just get one thing straight first. You was asleep all the way through the film and when the last song came on, you woke up. And another thing, do I complain when I have listened to Dead Can Dance or Heligoland by Massive attack for the thousand time, No I don't so shut it!:lol::lol:
And another thing I hope you do get the squits as you put it:lol: that will teach you a lesson.

BTW yes it was the 1970s version and I like it, yes sad to say I do like it. I like musicals.

Natalie;)

Reid Malenfant
20-11-2011, 21:28
:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

Nuff said :D

Man you gotta know when you is well & truly beaten, or outclassed :eyebrows:

Alex_UK
20-11-2011, 21:37
Dominic let's just get one thing straight first. You was asleep all the way through the film and when the last song came on, you woke up. And another thing, do I complain when I have listened to Dead Can Dance or Heligoland by Massive attack for the thousand time, No I don't so shut it!:lol::lol:

That's one of the funniest things I have ever read on this forum - sorry Dom mate, you've been banged to rights! :lol:

Mind you, you're sailing close to the wind with Massive Attack there Natalie... Pools panel goes for a score draw, I reckon! ;)

Marco
20-11-2011, 21:38
BTW yes it was the 1970s version and I like it, yes sad to say I do like it. I like musicals.

That one's ok.... The Sandra Dee song was always worth a giggle! ;)

Marco.

Dominic Harper
20-11-2011, 21:43
Hang on one gawd darn minuite....
I was whinging about what winds me up. You lot are ganging up on me now???????????
:scratch::mental:

Alex_UK
20-11-2011, 22:35
To be fair guvnor, I think the assembled masses were quite concerned until you were rumbled - in that actually you were "subjected" to having a kip on the sofa for an hour or so, only to be "rudely" awakened by Olivia Newton-John in tight leather trousers and high heels... If that's the sort of mental cruelty you have to endure every weekend then I'm afraid I'd happily be subjected to it every day of the week! ;) :lol:

Reid Malenfant
20-11-2011, 22:38
Oh yes, Olivia Neutron Bomb :cool:

Rare Bird
20-11-2011, 22:59
I think every wife owns this movie!

Alex_UK
20-11-2011, 23:06
I think it is written into the job description - along with Dirty Dancing and at least one Disney movie!

Dominic Harper
20-11-2011, 23:15
Got a few Disney movies in the DVD collection thats for sure.

goraman
21-11-2011, 01:39
When I was 10 or 11 my older sister dated the guy who ran the projectors for the old tower theater built during the 30's. I would go get a balcony seat and watch free movies over and over while they where in the projection room.

I saw Grease 14X !
And remained a heterosexual.

WOStantonCS100
21-11-2011, 02:59
Hang on one gawd darn minuite....
I was whinging about what winds me up. You lot are ganging up on me now???????????
:scratch::mental:

Dude... you had to see that coming... please, tell me you saw that coming. ;) I've gotta go with Natalie on this one; smackdown deserved. Sorry. Good thing it wasn't a full body slam. I still think you're a cartridge genius. :)

I think every wife owns this movie!

My wife does; as well as Grease II. :rolleyes: See, this is why there is no TV or monitor of any kind where "the gear" resides. I made sure there's a TV in the bedroom and one in the den. There's an escape route for both of us. That's page 37 of "Living Harmoniously with a 'Grease' Movie Watching Wife". And, lest these words be taken the wrong way (ahem) yes, the soundtrack is present here on vinyl.

WAD62
21-11-2011, 09:39
do I complain when I have listened to Dead Can Dance or Heligoland by Massive attack for the thousand time, No I don't so shut it!:lol::lol:

Nor should you Natalie, excellent choices Dominic... :lol:

No Grease or musicals round here, as the missus hates them too, and soaps, and reality TV, X-Factor, come dancing...hurrah :)

The poor lass does have to put up with a lot of Cricket & Football, but I often compromise by having the sound down, and play music instead of the commentary...;)

Dominic Harper
21-11-2011, 10:25
Nor should you Natalie, excellent choices Dominic... :lol:

No Grease or musicals round here, as the missus hates them too, and soaps, and reality TV, X-Factor, come dancing...hurrah :)

The poor lass does have to put up with a lot of Cricket & Football, but I often compromise by having the sound down, and play music instead of the commentary...;)

That is my point Will, I don't when Dom starts playing a record and before you know he is up tinkering. BTW I don't watch any soaps or rubbish tv as I am always listening to Massive Attack or Dead Can dance:lol:

With regards to disney and childrens movies, Dom bought all 3 Shreks so why he has said we have a couple of disney movies, he's the one that got them not me:scratch: I don't know all this over Grease:lol:

Natalie;)

WAD62
21-11-2011, 10:40
With regards to disney and childrens movies, Dom bought all 3 Shreks so why he has said we have a couple of disney movies, he's the one that got them not me:scratch: I don't know all this over Grease:lol:

Natalie;)

...Dom's guilty as charged then Natalie ;)

Jonboy
21-11-2011, 15:31
I think it is written into the job description - along with Dirty Dancing and at least one Disney movie!

Don't forget Notting Hill ;)