PDA

View Full Version : Really miss that........

icehockeyboy
18-11-2011, 11:37
Are there any bits of your set up that you regret parting with?

I know that in the past, for whatever reason, I have given in to either box swap madness, or the wife!:steam:

My own most missed stuff is my Classe CP 47.5 pre and Lyngdorf SDA 2175 combo that went in a bid to cut down boxes.
What is yours?

tannoy man
18-11-2011, 12:01
Leak ST 20 and Tannoy 15" Lancasters:(

Effem
18-11-2011, 12:20
My own most missed stuff is my Classe CP 47.5 pre and Lyngdorf SDA 2175 combo that went in a bid to cut down boxes.

Shoodna dunnitt :lolsign:

Joking aside, I have made some really dumb "upgrade" moves and regretted selling some really fine components.

Biggest regret was selling my Tresham pre/power combo I bought back in the 80's. Nothing has come close that pairing.

Another one was an Aaron No3 power amp which wasn't particularly outstanding in any one area, it just sounded "right" in all areas, so it was very easy to live with. Doubly annoyed when the Aaron got sold to buy an MF Trivista integrated which didn't live up to expectations for me.

hifi_dave
18-11-2011, 13:19
The only regrets I have are for 'vintage' items which I sold when I closed my St.Albans shop.

My pristine BC1's
Quad 1 pre/power which looked like they'd just come out of their box and the forerunner (can't remember the title) in immaculate condition, which went for £400 :doh:
Various Fidelity Research arms and MC cartridges
A couple of immaculate Radford STA 25's
Revox B77
Stacked Quad ESL 57's with black grilles
Last but not least half a dozen assorted, pristine 301 and 401's.

All went on E-Bay for not much back in 2005 and now much missed..:(

Macca
18-11-2011, 13:20
My Leak TL10 - would be worth a bomb now :(

julesd68
18-11-2011, 13:50
I had a beautiful four box Albarry pre and power set up that I sold before I had the chance to demo it in the much better system I have now - I have never seen them for sale since ...

tannoy man
18-11-2011, 14:01

I had one of those and could not find another so I sold it ( pre ebay )

Haselsh1
18-11-2011, 14:04
Logic DM101 turntable with a Syrinx PU2 Gold and a Kiseki Blue cartridge. That would've been sold off back in 1983 when I decided to go digital and make a huge mistake.

:doh:

griffo104
18-11-2011, 14:11
Michell Mycro.

My first turntable and I was total numbnuts of the highest order for selling it. Looked fantastic and sounded superb for the money as well.

Knowing what I know now, I was a total vinyl virgin at the time, I would have spent a bit more time sussing out a better cart for it and with hindsight I never really liked the Densen phono which I bought at the same time and seemed to sound so much better in the demo then it did at home.

Should have kept it for a 2nd deck.

Barry
18-11-2011, 17:08
The only regrets I have are for 'vintage' items which I sold when I closed my St.Albans shop.

My pristine BC1's
Quad 1 pre/power which looked like they'd just come out of their box and the forerunner (can't remember the title) in immaculate condition, which went for £400 :doh:
Various Fidelity Research arms and MC cartridges
A couple of immaculate Radford STA 25's
Revox B77
Stacked Quad ESL 57's with black grilles
Last but not least half a dozen assorted, pristine 301 and 401's.

All went on E-Bay for not much back in 2005 and now much missed..:(

Oh that's awful :doh: - what a list! :eek:

jazzpiano
18-11-2011, 19:11
I can't compete w/ the above - brings tears to your eyes. But, handed off my Rogers LS3/5as, a conrad-johnson MV-45 amp (el34-based), and a Micro-Seiki LC-80 cartridge (I was told the "L" stood for Levinson, as he had a hand in its design?). It wasn't that the pieces were so impressive, they were just so symbiotic or euphonic together.

~Barry :doh:

prestonchipfryer
18-11-2011, 19:19
My biggest 'miss' is a Garrard 401, which I let go cheaply. And a Nakamichi 581 cassette deck, bought new in 1979 by my Dad and sold for a paltry £100.
And two Quad 34 pre-amps which I still wish were mine.

John

hifi_dave
18-11-2011, 19:43
Oh that's awful :doh: - what a list! :eek:

Tell me about it and there was more, much more.

Thing is, we were planning on moving to Florida and everything had to go. Then that dream faded and I really regret all that lovely gear being sold for knock down prices.

Oh well..:doh:

Dingdong
18-11-2011, 19:44
Wadia 16 and Audio Research VT130se. Just didn't use them much at the time. Can't afford them now. Bugger.

TBL
18-11-2011, 21:20
For me a very early Miichell Hydraulic Reference TT in mint condition sold for peanuts and a Sonus Faber Musica Amp. Neither were the best sounding but boy were they beautiful.

Spectral Morn
18-11-2011, 21:29
My Voyd Valdi turntable, Eminent Technology ET airbearing tonearm, that's all.

Regards D S D L

lewis
18-11-2011, 22:47
My much loved and missed Unison Research S6. 30 watts of pure class A single-ended loveliness.:doh:

icehockeyboy
18-11-2011, 23:56
Going waaaaaaaaay back, I will add my Thorens TD 125 c/w a Rabco SL8E tangential parallel tracking arm, and V15 111, the cart wasn't sold, neither was the Rabco, but once the TD 125 had gone, they sort of got put away somewhere............where? I have no idea!

Jonboy
19-11-2011, 01:14
Leak ST 20:(

and me :(

good news i have got another and its better:mex:

Jonboy
19-11-2011, 01:17

maybe worth a bomb but sound wise they are
a bit mediocre

IHP
19-11-2011, 07:51
My Croft Micro 25, dumb move letting that go. Bought it back though and paired it with a 7R for sonic heaven. All.s well that end well :)

IHP
19-11-2011, 07:52
maybe worth a bomb but sound wise they are
a bit mediocre

I can't (and indeed won't) argue because I've not heard a these but I was a tad surprised to read this knowing the 20 and 12+.

jandl100
20-11-2011, 07:57
Nope - no regrets! :nono: Ever onwards! :carrot:

My only regrets (or at least repeated mistakes) is buying kit that I've owned previously. :doh: it almost never works out for me. The honeymoon period is usually very short - and the foibles of the kit that may have taken months to make themselves known first time around become almost immediately apparent.

Onwards, ever onwards! So much hifi, so little time. :eek:

icehockeyboy
20-11-2011, 11:26
Nope - no regrets! :nono: Ever onwards! :carrot:

My only regrets (or at least repeated mistakes) is buying kit that I've owned previously. :doh: it almost never works out for me. The honeymoon period is usually very short - and the foibles of the kit that may have taken months to make themselves known first time around become almost immediately apparent.

Onwards, ever onwards! So much hifi, so little time. :eek:

There goes the voice of the crown King of all box swappers!:lol:

Personal note Jerry, I was having a drink at a pub Friday night, and a guy came in that looked familiar, and then when someone brought in an old Leak Delta tuner amp and handed it over to him, it clicked where I knew him from, he was the guy who relieved me of nearly £60 to tell me that he couldn't find any fault on the Classse pre, the subject of this whole thread! :)

AAshton
29-11-2011, 23:42
Tell me about it and there was more, much more.

Thing is, we were planning on moving to Florida and everything had to go. Then that dream faded and I really regret all that lovely gear being sold for knock down prices.

Oh well..:doh:

Dave did you get rid of the monkey that used to go round and round in the window of the show when you were in Radlett ? Indeed did the Michell comparator deck device go as well ? That monkey always brought a smile to my face :)

My one and only real regret when it comes to equipment is selling my Accuphase DP70 CD player - I had run out of shelf space at the time, but I have since learned that everyone always runs out of shelf space and that is no excuse for letting go of a super sounding piece of the shiny stuff.

Andrew