PDA

View Full Version : Hi d Hi

AJSki2fly
16-11-2011, 20:18
Hello all

I have been into music and hi fi for 30+ years, had several systems and the last I had was Meridian 508.24, Audio Innovations 500, KEF Ref 3's and a variety of connects depending on mood. I also has a 2nd had Naim power and pre amp which I used now and then. Unfortunately about 6 years ago in a state of financial panic I sold it, which I have regretted ever since. I have listened to music since then via a Pioneer surround system and mp3/aac's, ok but not very musical or engaging. Even the lovely Sue, my wife, regrets it and say's we should get another system. We still have over 900 cd's.

Muscial tastes go from most sorts of rock, through to classical, including modern jazz, folk, and world. The core of it reflects my years late 60's through to early 90's, with less newer stuff although the last few years I have bee buying more.

First single purchased together at age 11 were Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile and Dave Edmunds Rockpile - I hear you knocking' (drove my parents made that Xmas), first album was Moody Blues - On the Threshold of a Dream ( still love it) followed quickly by Black Sabbath - Masters of Reality and Deep Purple - In Rock. So I would say as a teenager I was into rock and grew into Pink Floyd. Loved music so much played in a couple of amateur bands in London and later in life went back to college and did a music course studying jazz guitar. Had to give up due to joint problems.

My other love you can guess from the handle.

:lolsign:

Adrian

Reid Malenfant
16-11-2011, 20:21
Hi Adrian, cheers for intoroducing yourself & a warm welcome to AoS :)

Nice to see a quite varied musical taste to as well as some decent kit!

All the best to you & I hope you enjoy your stay here :cool:

Jonboy
16-11-2011, 20:42
Hello Adrian and welcome, perfect intro get stuck in

The Grand Wazoo
16-11-2011, 20:50
Hi Adrian, thanks for complying with the intro request.
Welcome to The Art of Sound!
Cheers

Alex_UK
17-11-2011, 21:19
Welcome from me too, Adrian. Hope we can coax you back into a proper system... ;)

Thing Fish
17-11-2011, 22:19
Welcome Adrian...:wave:

Puffin
18-11-2011, 08:40
Beer, love the place and love the taste.

MaccaAu
20-11-2011, 07:01
hello Adrian welcome to AOS, nice intro :)

John
20-11-2011, 08:24
Hi Adrain
Welcome to AOS
Great intro
Did you find playing guitar opening up your musical tastes; it certainly helped me

AJSki2fly
21-11-2011, 17:30
Hi

Well I found that studying music and guitar helped me appreciate different genres more and just how good guitarist were and how began to realise how tricky some of the stuff they played was. Even some heavy rock is not that easy to play. Good examples of this are Albert Lee's - Speechless album, very understated, brilliantly played and recorded, Pat Martino - Cream album both very different types of music but beautifully executed in my opinion. Both well worth a listen. On a more rocky vain Joe Satrianni or Stevie Vai hits the mark, extreme speed and accuracy can be heard from both artists.

I just wish I had been able to learn at an earlier age and had the dedication to achieve anything near these guys.

All the best

Adrian

Spectral Morn
21-11-2011, 18:12
Welcome to AOS Adrian

Regards D S D L

Alfonzo
21-11-2011, 18:50
Sounds like your tastes in music started the same way as mine - although I "progressed" sorry couldnt resist:).

A

AJSki2fly
21-11-2011, 20:06
Progressed to what, old age? Haha!