PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath back from the dead..

aquapiranha
11-11-2011, 22:08
Black Sabbath are BACK! *

:yay:

*For limited period only. Offer only available in designated areas...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15698271

michaelhigh
12-11-2011, 04:12
Black Sabbath are BACK! *Yay is right!

:yay:

*For limited period only. Offer only available in designated areas...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15698271

Tonight at the Whiskey in Hollywood! I saw them reunite in 2000 when I did local crew in St. Louis, MO! Ozzy sang 10 songs, none newer than Volume 4, and only down-keyed 2 numbers, the old man still had the pipes for sure back then. The material is physically demanding and he definitely rose to the occasion. I will be purchasing the new LP, and have The Last Temptation as well. Damn fine audio artifact (I had to cuss at least once!)...Long live Tony, Bill, Geezer and Ozzy! (Bt the way, Geezer lives in Chesterfield, MO and my friend Terry Welty is his gear tech and does FOH to boot, Airco Audio, recently on tour with Puddle Of Mudd supplying complete audio facilities). Crackin' dude, Terry!

DanJennings
12-11-2011, 07:20
I think I might have to go to download next year, with Metallica playing the black album as well...

I saw the sabbath reunion shows in '97 and '99, they were fantastic, would definitely see them again.

I also saw Heaven and Hell a couple of years ago before Ronnie was taken from us... amazing stuff.

Zoidburg
12-11-2011, 07:34
This is good news indeed!

YNWaN
12-11-2011, 14:19
I think I might have to go to download next year, with Metallica playing the black album as well...

I saw the sabbath reunion shows in '97 and '99, they were fantastic, would definitely see them again.

I also saw Heaven and Hell a couple of years ago before Ronnie was taken from us... amazing stuff.

Did you see Metalica playing on Jools Holland last week - they played White Light/White Heat (with Lou Reed) - absolutely massacred it, completely appalling.

PSQAvA64mss

And how it should sound...

zpxMr6J3UHM

Wakefield Turntables
12-11-2011, 14:32
What the hell are metallica playing at, there so called "new" album is the biggest pile of poop I have ever ever heard. Get back to playing metal!

Barry
12-11-2011, 16:56
Did you see Metalica playing on Jools Holland last week - they played White Light/White Heat (with Lou Reed) - absolutely massacred it, completely appalling.

PSQAvA64mss

And how it should sound...

zpxMr6J3UHM

Too right - Metalica just completely took over and dominated the act. Poor ol' Lou was left floundering. One of the worse things I have heard of late. :steam:

Thank goodness, Keb Mo, Aron Neville and Steve Earl were on the show. :)

MartinT
23-11-2011, 21:26
Fantastic news. I first saw Sabbath back in 1976 or so. Will there be a live recording released at some point?