PDA

View Full Version : TCI - True Colours Industries

pjdowns
07-02-2008, 00:16
All,

I would like to recommend the above company.

A couple of years ago they did an extremely good demo of their cables and although I was a little cynical at first, I thought better of it and purchase the cheapest 6 way mains block they did

Once I arrived home, I was intrigued to see how good or not this cable could be ... To be quite honest, it is probably the best upgrade (For the money) I have ever done. The difference it made to the sound was unbelievable, tighter bass, cleaner, clearer sound, more warmth without becoming dull. Everything was so much better.

To this day, I still can't fathom how these cables make such a difference, but the difference is astonishing.

Paul.

Vinyl Grinder
07-02-2008, 00:27
All,

I would like to recommend the above company.

A couple of years ago they did an extremely good demo of their cables and although I was a little cynical at first, I thought better of it and purchase the cheapest 6 way mains block they did

Once I arrived home, I was intrigued to see how good or not this cable could be ... To be quite honest, it is probably the best upgrade (For the money) I have ever done. The difference it made to the sound was unbelievable, tighter bass, cleaner, clearer sound, more warmth without becoming dull. Everything was so much better.

To this day, I still can't fathom how these cables make such a difference, but the difference is astonishing.

Paul.

Hi Paul:
Yeh i recommended the 'Viper' Tone arm lead to artist today:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128

Super cables for the money. I borrowed one of these a few months back & was sad to see it go really.I was in two minds as to swapping mine, still not sure if i made the right decision or not.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/ELPFAN/Cable.jpg

jandl100
20-03-2008, 23:54
I've been most impressed with the TCI SuperConstrictor mains cables - the basic principle seems to be to get as much width of copper connected to a standard MK plug as possible! Seems to work well though - compared to their cheaper Constrictor cable (which just has less copper as far as I can make out, and in isolation sounds good) it has more 'oomph' and definition.

Very nice company to deal with - helpful and prompt.

griffo104
28-03-2008, 11:11
I bought a 3m Viper SE i/c direct from them a few months ago and I've bene using it between my phono and pre and I have to say I'm very happy with it.

I'll echo the comments about dealing with them, the cables were with me two days after ordering them, excellent quick service.

Marco
28-03-2008, 11:15
Based on my experience, I agree with all of the above. The same can be said of Ecosse Reference cables.

Long live the Celts! :lolsign:

Marco.

snapper
28-03-2008, 11:21
The same can be said of Ecosse Reference cables.

Marco.

Did you know that the owner of this company is from Orchard Park?

He was also the manager of a well known pop band.

Marco
28-03-2008, 11:38
No I didn't, but if he's from OP he obviously has class! :smoking:

Which Pop band are you referring to?

Marco.

snapper
28-03-2008, 11:43
Wet Wet F***ing Wet.

Marco
28-03-2008, 11:46
Bloody hell!

Top 'factoid' there, David :smoking:

Marco.

snapper
28-03-2008, 12:35
Reasonably interesting article about Elliot.

Interview with Elliot Davis, the M.D. of Ecosse

1): You have a long and varied history in the music business how did you get your start?
Started back in early eighties-promoting concerts -did 'Prince' and the VERY FIRST 'New Order' gigs after the changed from Joy Division, and then I began management. Discovered and produced & mixed the early Wet Wet Wet records and went onto manage them until their demise in 1997. Along the way I also worked with Primal Scream and discovered and managed Shirley of 'Garbage'.

2): What made you get into the cable business?
Needed to improve the sound in my recording studio-started to mess around with new cable designs using a technology I was aware of but long defunct-Monocrystal™ (we own the trademark) grain free copper -realised they were working BIG TIME in my recording studio, thought it might be a good idea to make the technology available to others-and at prices they could understand.

3): The business has grown over the years. What products/services do you offer and what territories do you operate in?
We feel we offer the best service of any British cable company. We are one of only a small handful of cable companies who actually have their own Factory-most just have them pre-terminated and boxed in the Far East. We can offer ALL cable requirement from superb award winning mains Powerchords-our Big Red PowerChord will handle 7.5kVa and rise a mere 2degrees centigrade- through to analog, digital and all av interconnects (HDMI cables coming soon)this together with speaker cables to suit all budgets and systems.

4): Plans for the future, new products etc/next show appearance
To continue to keep Ecosse at the forefront of hi-fi and av cable technology. We've just improved and revamped our statement Legend Interconnect- the original won HI Fi News Editors Cable of the Year last year. Now its even better. Also we're just about to introduced a statement 110ohm digital cable called 'In The Beginning'

5): You are a music fan. What gets on your player these days?
Well music is my passion-in fact NO-ONE joins this company who doesn't love music. Listening wise- I have been enjoying music for over 30 years, my first ever job was actually in a record shop-I wasn't even 10 at the time- the music of the Beatles-the No1's LP is superb-the remasters are stunning. Also enjoying a lot of Cuban music at the moment and also some Jazz courtesy of the likes of Stan Getz, Dave Brubeck and Billie Holiday. Dusty Springfield, Kate Bush and Aretha ALWAYS do it for me -as does Jeff Buckley (RIP) and Zep-far too many to mention in fact. The Fairfield 4 and the Blind Boys, and Oh yes mostly-Russian classical composers but also Ravel (everything EXCEPT Bolero…)

6): When auditioning new products for yourself/ the company what are you looking for.
We say our cables are 'BETTER AND CHEAPER' than our competitors-so it must pass that criterion first-and it must outperform the cable it is intended to replace in our range-and often be CHEAPER than it!

7): Give us a few quick cheap tips that can help our readers reach audio nirvana?
SERIOUSLY, spend as much as you can reasonably afford on the very-best components you can buy then improve them using cables, filters, points, indeed all devices that maximize the potential of the system you have invested in. Cd-cleaners, demagnetizers etc the like. These things-if you choose carefully, truly work. BUT BEWARE OF SHYSTERS-WE KNOW OF ONE CABLE COMPANY SELLING A DEVICE THEY CLAIM CLEANS THE MAINS - AT 10 TIMES THE RETAIL COST-THEY'VE REBADGED IT FROM RS COMPONENTS, SO BE VERY CAREFUL OUT THERE. Also beware of overpriced, over hyped (and over here) cables-most of their cost goes into dealer margins-not into the cable!!! Ask your dealer what margin he gets-if it seems to high -it is!

8): What do look for in a cable? In other words how should our readers audition cable?
Its got to make MUSIC simple as that-if it doesn't-bin it and move on-you'll find something that will.

9): How important is cable/interconnects to good sound. What portion of your budget should you spend on cable/interconnects?
ABSOLUTELY VITAL-they're the missing ling between enjoyment and up-grade hell. Spend as much as you reasonably can on cables-the cables you choose should be the very best you can afford-even you may say than your system deserves-that way you max the potential of your system. And keep all cables as short as you possibly can-any idiots that say otherwise are talking tosh!

10): Any new kit purchases for your own consumption planned? Details please….
New AUDIOPAX Model88 AMPS, Ref100 LOUDSPEAKERS and Model5 PRE-AMP-well we are the Distributors after all!

11.What quality of your products will make customers choose your Company brand over competitor's products?
We firmly believe in price-versus-performance and are confident that we have the most impressive across-the-board range of cables throughout the entire cable market. The quality of our cables in terms of conductor material construction and termination at similar price points will not be beaten-that's why we come out tops in most comparative tests against all our rather over-hyped competitors. We came to the market just six years ago and ALREADY we are the most successful new stand-alone cable company in Europe. There are no 'stars' per se in the Ecosse Reference Cable range-they are ALL stars-every cable, whether for hi-fi or av usage, has been expertly designed to be as neutral as is reasonably possible so as to least affect the delicate signal- ensuring that the music gets through.

12. Do you expect any changes in development of your production depending on what trend will be more popular in the future (Hi-Fi stereo or multi channel home theatre).
At Ecosse we try to be ahead of the trends. We were one of the first cable companies in the UK to offer a range of power cords-ahead of our illustrious competitors Nordost-and have recently introduced a dedicated 6-6RCA cable specifically for SACD playback-a WORLD first we believe! We are certain there will always be a market for superior 2 and 6-channel music and video and so there will always be a need for Ecosse Cables to fill that low/mid/and hi-end market requirement.

13. What do you think should promote sale during heavy competition (dropping down of product's prices or whatever?)
Ecosse are proud to be the ONLY cable company in Europe that REGULARLY wins in head-to head tests against competitors at the low mid AND hi-end of the market-that is what gives us our market edge. Ecosse cables are already frighteningly inexpensive compared to our competitors in terms of quality and price versus performance-again that's what makes us a market leader and that's why we will continue to be a market leader.
Ecosse Reference Cables-Our Passion is Music!

Website,

http://www.ecossecables.co.uk/Tables/table_frameset5.html

Marco
28-03-2008, 19:38
Nice one, david. I enjoyed reading that :)

Marco.