PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable 2 x 2.5m lengths - £50 Delivered.

Gazjam
08-11-2011, 01:40
Changing as my new speakers and setup need longer lengths of cable.
Wouldn't change it otherwise - its a keeper.

Thick as yer wrist and sounds fantastic. :)

Don't have the box, but cables in minty condition with screw in banana plugs.
£50 delivered.

thanks.

Gazjam
16-11-2011, 13:03
*Now SOLD*

to someone on the 'Wam...
shame on you ;)

Fulci
12-02-2012, 21:02
Hi Gary! Sorry to dig out this post, but what is your opinion regarding these cables comparing with the MOGAMI, and where did you got the 2972's?

Also, did you get to compare the Mogami's with Van Damme or Sommer cables? Or even Qed 79 Strand Classic?

Gazjam
12-02-2012, 21:37
whoa :)
heres a blast from the past, this was yonks ago!

Yeah, was lucky enough to track a set of 2m terminated 2972's from another Forum Classifieds.
Work an absolute treat, best I've ever used - a fair bit better with the RS3's than the Black Mamba.
I was told the Mogami and the RS3's worked really well together and they do.

Other cable?
Thanks to one of the guys here I had a loan of a Naim Nait 5i amp along with some Van Damme Blue and Shark(?) cable i think it was?
I compared these with against my Black Mamba and I thought out of the two others the VD Blue was second to the Mamba.
Not as much "meat on the bone" as the Sterling cable...good, but not as good.
Didn't get to compare the Mogami directly with the VB blue unfortunately, but the Mamba was better and the Mogami was better than the mamba....;)

The Mogami is the best cable I've used.
Fit n forget. :)

Fulci
16-02-2012, 20:15
Ok many thanks! I also have a pair of RS3. Great speakers, but the QED79 seem to remove all life out of them. Must get a better cable as soon as possible, but seems next to impossible to get Mogami in Europe. All I find is in french stores, and always above £11pm plus p+p, sets them at £70 unterminated. Quite a bit, I guess... I think I might try some Van Damme UP-LCOFC or Sommer and the see if I can find some of these.

Once again, thank you for your reply.

Gazjam
18-02-2012, 19:05
Hi again Pedro,

I know the Mogami seems a bit expensive...but its worth it to get the best out of your Rega's in my opinion.

The Van Damme Blue was good too and is cheaper - BUT - it didn't allow the RS3's to sing like they should.
I was dissapointed with the RS3's at first, thinking they were lacking bass.
Wondered what all the fuss about them was to be honest?

Then I fitted the Magami 2972 cable...much better and more like I expected. :)

Think of it this way?
The Regas are £800 speakers in the UK - dont you think they deserve a cable that brings out the best in them?
Worth saving up for in my book.

Get some and you wont have to think about speaker cable again.