PDA

View Full Version : Thorens TD166 MkII for sale

Jason P
04-11-2011, 14:52
Hi all,

Up for grabs is my Mum's old TD166 MkII. It belonged to my folks for years, bought ex-dem from a local dealer. I've taken on selling it as part of her estate. It has the one-piece arm (with remote arm lift) and works and runs as it should. 33/45 switchable. The belt works OK but a replacement might be wise in the not too distant. It's fitted with a Stilton Nagaoka MP11 Boron cart - quite a good MM back in the day - and sounds great. It's had little use over the last 20 years, mainly when I visited!

Condition wise it's excellent, with no blemishes or marks and the lid is in great condition with no real scratches or swirls. I may have the original box hanging around somewhere, and manual too - though I can't guarantee it.

It would make a great intro to vinyl for someone. I'd prefer collection as these are more fragile than the Technics (see other thread) and you can dem at the same time. I'm near J23 of the M5, about a half hour south of Bristol.

Asking £200 firm.

spendorman
04-11-2011, 18:04
I have one of these, found it a great deck, used it more than my TD124 II/ AS212 arm.

Jason P
09-11-2011, 16:08
Still available!

Jason P
11-11-2011, 16:08
Still up for grabs, but with a more realistic price - thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction on this!

£150 collected for a lovely deck.

michaelhigh
12-11-2011, 04:20
I've been scratching and clawing my way into vinyl nirvana, and 6 tables ago I scored a Dual 1225 for $12, added a $27 AT garden variety cart and was off and running. I just scored a Thorens TD-165 for $100, still need a belt and cover, and still consider that deal great. I can't wait to hear this baby singing in my rig. Go for the Thorens when you can, if this player was owned my someone's mum it must still have some spins left! Someone go get it and put some TLC and a love of music into it and watch it reap rewards!