PDA

View Full Version : LPT with RB250 arm

contarex56
01-11-2011, 10:21
:):)Is there somebody here with experience with the LPT. I have a thorens 165, a logic tempo and a technics sl140mk2. How will the LPT compare with them ?:)

DSJR
01-11-2011, 11:24
It'll be a lively, but supremely engaging deck to listen to and through. The belt is a nightmare to fit and a piece of fine string does wonders :eyebrows: and the main bearing may be fragile if abused. Oh, and the lid can come unstuck too...

Apart from that, it made a very interesting and valid alternative to the boogie-decks of the time, such as the Manticore Mantra Linn Axis (:eek:) and the Systemdeck 2X-900. Arthur has been posting here very recently, so if he catches this, he'll be able to put you straight on maintenance, belt replacement etc.....

hifi_dave
01-11-2011, 11:24
Plenty of help here but I believe you will need to join as a member first.

Spectral Morn
01-11-2011, 11:57
:):)Is there somebody here with experience with the LPT. I have a thorens 165, a logic tempo and a technics sl140mk2. How will the LPT compare with them ?:)

Welcome to AOS Robert.

Please pop into the Welcome section of the forum as you were asked to during the registration process and tell us a wee bit about yourself, system and taste in music. Thank you in advance.

Regards D S D L

contarex56
01-11-2011, 16:46
I have put info in welcome section. Do you mean I have to be afraid of LPT ??:doh: