PDA

View Full Version : LP's for sale

Effem
30-10-2011, 16:00
Final clearout of the LPs, so grab them while you can.

Elvis Presley - Worldwide 50 Gold Awards hits, Volume 1 (Mono recordings) £10.00

Dave Grusin - SOLD

James Newton Howard - "And Friends". Sheffield Labs direct cut and boy does this LP have dynamics in spades. Don't come whining to me if your speakers go AWOL cos you turned the wick up too high. £18.00 and worth every penny.

Pink Floyd - SOLD

Focus - "Focus 3". Dutch group that appeared and the vanished (sadly) in the early 80's. "Anonymous" is 20-odd minutes of a great band having fum. £3.50

Patrick Woodroffe - "The Pentateuch" Original hard cover version and book in very good nick. £20.00 and it's yours.

Kim Carnes - "Mistaken Identity". MFSL Original Master direct cut. Plays fine, no pops. £10.00

Cliff Richard - "Rock 'n' Roll Juvenile" If you MUST have some Cliff in your rack then this should be it IMHO. £3.00

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Gloria Gaynor - SOLD

I can't work out if this is "Legacy" by Stringband, or "Stringband" by Legacy. Go figure. £1.00

Alice Cooper - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Bee Gees - "High Civilisation" Keep it locked away until they have all croaked, then the value will increase . . . . or not. £1.00

As above "ESP" £1.00

Amen Corner SOLD

Rush - "Exit Stage Left" Double album. £2.00

Monkees - "Meet the Monkees" RCA Victor label in mono. £1.50

Elkie Brooks - "Two Days Away" contains most of her hits. £2.00

Police - "Zenyatta Mondatta" on a Nautilus Superdisk no less. £10.00

George Michael - "Listen without prejudice" Anyone who thinks GM cannot sing should listen to the Stevie Wonder song "They won't go when I go" £1.50 (I have 2 of these)

Golden Earring - SOLD

Duncan Browne - "Streets of fire". A gem which I will get on CD one day. £2.00

Judie Tzuke - "Sportscar". Buy this just for the track called "Chinatown" and give your system and ears a nice treat. The rest of the album is typically Judie Tzuke . . . . . nuff said. £2.00

Alison Moyet - SOLD

Buddy Rich - SOLD

The Stylistics - SOLD

Phil Spector - "Greatest Hits". Mention this guy's name and wigs comes to mind, so this HAS to go. £1.00 on it's own or free alongside another purchase.

Rod Stewart - "Greatest Hits". The pink silk shirt should date this £1.00

Rolling Stones - "High tide and green grass". I bought this is in the 1970's. £2.00

Rolling Stones - "Past darkly, hits" Full album cover instead of the 8 sided abomination. Been with me a very long time. £2.00

Streisand - "Guilty" Yeah, I know. £1.00

Steely Dan - "Greatest Hits". Double album spanning the years 1972 - 1978 £2.50

Slade, Alive! Perfect LP for keeping the cats of your Lettuce patch. £1.00

The Shadows - "String of Hits" 1979 adding their unique touch to tunes like Classical Gas, Baker Street, Bridge over Troubled Water and Heart of Glass. £1.00

The Shadows - on the Fame label from their earliest period. Surprised it's a stereo recording. £2.00

Anyone like Marty Robbins? 3 for a quid or Oxfam gets them!

David Cassidy - "The last Kiss" on 45rpm 12" single £1.00

Tommy the Rock Opera. I much preferred this to the popsy song rendition that was released at the same time. Double album. £5.00

Rick Wakeman - "Criminal Record". Dated 1977 £2.00

Jon & Vangelis - "Friends of Mr Cairo" Very listenable music. £1.50

UB40 - "Rat in the Kitchen". £2.00

U2 - "War". £1.50

U2 - "Rattle & Hum" Double album, tatty cover £1.50

Judie Tzuke - "Shoot the Moon". They should have shot her. £1.50

Supertramp - "Breakfast in America". £1.50

Supertramp - "Crisis, what Crisis?" My pick of the bunch. Sleeve unglued at top. £1.50

Cliff Richard - "Private Collection". Not private enough it seems. Double album £2.50

Cliff again - "Wired for sound" £1.50

Rainbow - "Best of" Double album £2.00

Queen - SOLD

Pink Floyd - SOLD

Barry Manilow - three of the blessed things. Quid for the 3 or Oxfam gets them.

Phil Collins - No Jacket required. £1.50

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Neil Diamond - SOLD

Michael Jackson - SOLD

Michael Jackson - "Off the Wall" £1.50

Duane Eddy - SOLD

Duana Eddy - SOLD

Joan Armourplating - SOLD

Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue SOLD

Beethoven Symphony No 5 with Vienna Symph Orch, Karl Bohm Deutch Grammophon label £1.50

Abba - "Greatest Hits". £1.00

Together - Julian Bream & John Williams £1.00

I would like payment by Paypal "gift" or bank transfer please.

Post and packing will of course depend on how many you buy. I do not want to sell these one at a time, so an order for 4 or more is essential :eyebrows:

Tariffs are:

Between 0 - 1kg = £3.20
Between 1 - 2kg = £3.70
Between 2 - 5kg = £5.00
Between 5 - 10kg = £6.25
Between 10 - 15kg = £8.15

keiths
30-10-2011, 16:20
Frank - Can I take The Wall, DSOTM, Crises,what Crises? and Queen Greatest please?

The Grand Wazoo
30-10-2011, 16:23
Focus - "Focus 3". Dutch group that appeared and the vanished (sadly) in the early 80's.

Focus were playing at Holmfirth Picturedrome last night!

Other dates:

Tue 1st Nov
Cox's Yard
Stratford-upon-Avon

Wed 2nd Nov
The Brook
Southampton

Thu 3rd Nov
Trading Boundaries
Fletching

Tue 8th Nov
The Brickyard
Carlisle

Wed 9th Nov
The Garage @ Whitez
Swansea

Thu 10th Nov
The Factory
Porth

Fri 11th Nov
The Boom Boom Club at Sutton United FC
Sutton

Effem
30-10-2011, 17:07
Frank - Can I take The Wall, DSOTM, Crises,what Crises? and Queen Greatest please?

Set aside for you Keith.

Will PM later for payment info :)

Macca
30-10-2011, 17:14
Hi Frank

If I may I'd like to purchase

Gloria Gaynor - "Never can say goodbye". Sleeve glue adrift. £1.00
Alice Cooper - "Billion Dollar Babes" £2.50
Amen Corner - "Round" on the Deram label. £2.00

Golden Earring - "Moontan". The original full length "Radar Love" shows that you can squeeze dynamics onto vinyl. £1.50

Buddy Rich - "At Ronnie Scotts". Skin bashing at it's best for that era and genre. £1.00

The Stylistics - "Thank you baby" £1.00

Joan Armourplating - "Sleight of Hand" Rare. £1.50

Joan Armourplating - "Back to the Night" Rare. £1.50

Joan Armourplating - "Me, myself, I" Darling of the hi-fi demo in the 1980's. £1.50

Good luck shifting the Cliff btw and yes George Michael can sing he's just a bit lame :)

keiths
30-10-2011, 17:15
Set aside for you Keith.

Will PM later for payment info :)

Thanks Frank, :)

Clive
30-10-2011, 21:04
I'd love the Dave Grusin LP...if a single LP is acceptable...

Effem
30-10-2011, 21:13

That's OK because it is a higher value :)

Postage is £3.20

Clive
30-10-2011, 21:15
That's OK because it is a higher value :)

Postage is £3.20

Thanks, that's what I hoped!

sparrow
30-10-2011, 21:32

I have the Dave Grusin LP and it is a great album with excellent sound quality ..let us know what you think when you hear it..:)

Concerto Audio
31-10-2011, 16:20
Could you please set aside the following for me:
-Police
-Beegees ESP
-Steely Dan
-Phil Collins
Send me a PM with bank details so that I can transfer the funds.

Lee Henley
31-10-2011, 17:02
Any chance of these please

Rush - "Exit Stage Left" Double album. £2.00

George Michael - "Listen without prejudice" Anyone who thinks GM cannot sing should listen to the Stevie Wonder song "They won't go when I go" £1.50 (I have 2 of these)

U2 - "Rattle & Hum" Double album, tatty cover £1.50

Rainbow - "Best of" Double album £2.00

Michael Jackson - "Off the Wall" £1.50

Together - Julian Bream & John Williams £1.00

PM me for total payment please

Cheers

Lee

Effem
31-10-2011, 19:32
Final clearout of the LPs, so grab them while you can.

THIS IS THE LATEST UPDATE

Elvis Presley - Worldwide 50 Gold Awards hits, Volume 1 (Mono recordings) £10.00

James Newton Howard - "And Friends". Sheffield Labs direct cut and boy does this LP have dynamics in spades. Don't come whining to me if your speakers go AWOL cos you turned the wick up too high. £18.00 and worth every penny.

Focus - "Focus 3". Dutch group that appeared and the vanished (sadly) in the early 80's. "Anonymous" is 20-odd minutes of a great band having fum. £3.50

Patrick Woodroffe - "The Pentateuch" Original hard cover version and book in very good nick. £20.00 and it's yours.

Kim Carnes - "Mistaken Identity". MFSL Original Master direct cut. Plays fine, no pops. £10.00

Cliff Richard - "Rock 'n' Roll Juvenile" If you MUST have some Cliff in your rack then this should be it IMHO. £3.00

I can't work out if this is "Legacy" by Stringband, or "Stringband" by Legacy. Go figure. £1.00

Bee Gees - "High Civilisation" Keep it locked away until they have all croaked, then the value will increase . . . . or not. £1.00

Monkees - "Meet the Monkees" RCA Victor label in mono. £1.50

Elkie Brooks - "Two Days Away" contains most of her hits. £2.00

George Michael - "Listen without prejudice" Anyone who thinks GM cannot sing should listen to the Stevie Wonder song "They won't go when I go" £1.50 (1 sold)

Duncan Browne - "Streets of fire". A gem which I will get on CD one day. £2.00

Judie Tzuke - "Sportscar". Buy this just for the track called "Chinatown" and give your system and ears a nice treat. The rest of the album is typically Judie Tzuke . . . . . nuff said. £2.00

Phil Spector - "Greatest Hits". Mention this guy's name and wigs comes to mind, so this HAS to go. £1.00 on it's own or free alongside another purchase.

Rod Stewart - "Greatest Hits". The pink silk shirt should date this £1.00

Rolling Stones - "High tide and green grass". I bought this is in the 1970's. £2.00

Rolling Stones - "Past darkly, hits" Full album cover instead of the 8 sided abomination. Been with me a very long time. £2.00

Streisand - "Guilty" Yeah, I know. £1.00

Slade, Alive! Perfect LP for keeping the cats of your rhubarb. £1.00

The Shadows - "String of Hits" 1979 adding their unique touch to tunes like Classical Gas, Baker Street, Bridge over Troubled Water and Heart of Glass. £1.00

The Shadows - on the Fame label from their earliest period. Surprised it's a stereo recording. £2.00

David Cassidy - "The last Kiss" on 45rpm 12" single £1.00

Tommy the Rock Opera. I much preferred this to the popsy song rendition that was released at the same time. Double album. £5.00

Rick Wakeman - "Criminal Record". Dated 1977 £2.00

Jon & Vangelis - "Friends of Mr Cairo" Very listenable music. £1.50

UB40 - "Rat in the Kitchen". £2.00

U2 - "War". £1.50

Judie Tzuke - "Shoot the Moon". They should have shot her. £1.50

Supertramp - "Breakfast in America". £1.50

Cliff Richard - "Private Collection". Not private enough it seems. Double album £2.50

Cliff again - "Wired for sound" £1.50

Barry Manilow - three of the blessed things. Quid for the 3 or Oxfam gets them.

Beethoven Symphony No 5 with Vienna Symph Orch, Karl Bohm Deutch Grammophon label £1.50

Abba - "Greatest Hits". £1.00

I would like payment by Paypal "gift" or bank transfer please.

Post and packing will of course depend on how many you buy. I do not want to sell these one at a time, so an order for 4 or more is essential

Effem
02-11-2011, 20:34
Everyone who has ordered and paid for their LPs will be pleased to hear that they are all on their way to you, the final few were collected by courier today :)

Macca
03-11-2011, 13:36
Mine have just arrived - thanks Frank.

keiths
03-11-2011, 15:52
Received mine this morning - great stuff. Thanks a million Frank.

Effem
05-11-2011, 11:44
Right then, this lot has to go, so down to half price :)

Darren
06-11-2011, 03:52
If that means the James Newton Howard is down to £9 I'll take it please.

vinylspinner
06-11-2011, 07:35
Hi Frank,

Can I take the Patrick Woodroffe, all the stones stuff and the judie tzuke albums plus the jon and vangelis. And also the Focus please.

thanks

Nigel

Clive
07-11-2011, 18:49
I have the Dave Grusin LP and it is a great album with excellent sound quality ..let us know what you think when you hear it..:)
Hi John,

The LP is a bit crackly, it's needs another clean or two on the RCM, the nature of the recording is that any surface noise will be clearly heard. The recording quality is superb, especially at the frequency extremes. High treble has incredible clarity and the bass dynamic is incredible. Most instruments are quite strongly left of right with the drums dead centre - the drums REALLY make their presence felt, literally. I've never heard a bass dynamic like that before, whether vinyl or digital. Some of the music is a bit "hi-fi demo" and I'm not a huge fan of xylophones but there's not too much of it. The music really good in parts but not uniformly so, the recording is stunning all the way through.

Concerto Audio
08-11-2011, 12:38
Hi Frank

LP arrived on Saturday. Thank you

synsei
08-11-2011, 22:26
Hi Frank, could I grab:

Kim Carnes ~ Mistaken Identity
George Michael ~ Listen Without Prejudice
UB40 ~ Rat In The Kitchen
Supertramp ~ Breakfast In America

Cheers buddy ;)

Effem
12-11-2011, 17:59
A nice man came round tonight and took the rest of the LPs so they are all gone now :)