PDA

View Full Version : FS: AVI S2000MC CD Player

jandl100
29-10-2011, 18:38
What a cute little player this is, kind of midi-sized. But a full sized sound that is transparent, dynamic and detailed.
Very similar to the AVI Lab Series sound - which I love.

31 x 26 x 11 cm (wdh).
Remarkably heavy for its small size, too.

RCA digital and stereo outputs.

Remote control - not the original AVI handset, but I will supply a Marantz remote control that works all the player's functions.

Excellent condition and PWO.

£310 plus courier at cost - which is what it cost me - or collect from me at GL17. :) (RRP was £1,000)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/DSCF7204.jpg

jandl100
30-10-2011, 07:13
Swaps and px (cash either way) also considered. ;)

The Black Adder
30-10-2011, 08:03
I'd say this version was better sounding than the Lab series.. Certainly built better hence the weight.

Good luck with it Jerry.. great price!

jandl100
30-10-2011, 08:15
Thanks Joe - it's been a while since I heard my old AVI Lab Series CDP but I must admit that the sound is very similar.
The Lab Series CDPs usually go for over £700 ... Hmmm :hmm: - maybe I need to hike the price up a bit to give it more audiophile cred. :eyebrows:

Clean, dynamic, detailed, powerful - it really is a good sound. The only reason I am selling is that I like the sound of valves in my system, and at the moment I have all solid state amps ... so I get my "valve fix" from CDPs with valve output stages! :)

DSJR
30-10-2011, 11:38
I found it full-scale, but perhaps a bit too controlled, but I bet some chip and cap rolling could tweak this without damaging the rest of the sonics one iota (T DP actually did one, but the meaty sound gave way to a brightly lit "Sony 555ES " balance instead - fine for EAR amps....). Eleven regulated supplies inside kind of put Naim's expensive add-ons in the shade I reckon.

These are holding their prices now, so £310 ain't really that much these days. Use with very low capacitance screened cables as short as possible as recommended by the manufacturer and you'll be fine :)