PDA

View Full Version : Banner designs

Filterlab
12-11-2008, 21:18
Ok, first one with two variations on the design. As I design more I'll put them in this thread and we'll run a poll for the last couple of weeks in December. Some of you may recognise images within the collage.

This and the contributions thread will remain on stickies until a new banner is implemented. :)

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/old_banners/2009_roughs/AOSBanner2009Trial01.jpg

Same thing with an additional internal blue border.

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/old_banners/2009_roughs/AOSBanner2009Trial02.jpg

Filterlab
12-11-2008, 21:46
Another on a similar theme:

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/old_banners/2009_roughs/AOSBanner2009Trial03.jpg

Mike
12-11-2008, 23:54
Errr.... :uhho:

Marco
12-11-2008, 23:56
I like the last one, in terms of its artistic merit! Although I would perhaps change the images... :)

Marco.

Steve Toy
13-11-2008, 01:08
I'd like to see at least one image of a hi-fi product carrying the AOS label too, i.e. one of Anthony's amps.

Even if the colour changes I'd also like the font for The Art of Sound to remain exactly the same.

Of the three above I like the middle one best. The blue border picks out The Art of Sound logo nicely. In the third one the grey logo is almost camouflaged - artistic yes, but I feel the logo really needs to stand out.

Filterlab
13-11-2008, 08:55
LOL! Amazing! The prerequisite for the design was 'using images of member's equipment', that's what is in them so far and now they're wrong. LOL! :lol: The font is still Lucida Calligraphy (as it's always been) and has not been changed, but various designs will show the font differently, some crisp, some stretched etc etc. That's what design is.

If you want specific images of AOS labelled equipment then: FOR GOODNESS SAKE SEND ME SOME! like I've been asking for the last couple of weeks or so.

Apart from Beechy and David nobody has bothered to email or post any so I've used various images from member's systems in the gallery. Sheesh! :confused:

Filterlab
13-11-2008, 09:08
On the bright side at least two designs are preferred, I am trying to come up with something new as my first prelim looked just like the current banner, unless of course that's what people want. :)

Marco
13-11-2008, 09:39
LOL. Rob, maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you just take the relevant images from the member's pics in The Gallery, scale them down or whatever, and use them for the banner?

All we need to do then is agree which pictures go in :)

There's a picture of a Nagra amp and a Pioneer 'thingy' (I've no idea what it is) - who owns those? :scratch:

What happened to a picture of Anthony's AOS/TD amps as discussed? The pics are all in The Gallery...

Steve and I obviously have very different tastes because I think the middle one looks shite (you can't see any of the images, they're just a blur, so what's the point of that?), but I LOVE the look of the last banner - all it needs is for *EVERY* image to be WELL KNOWN examples of people's kit.

Like I said though, we need to establish exactly which bits of kit are to be represented, so let's all agree on this and get it sorted. I don't think you need people to send you pictures as such though, just take them directly from the forum. Excellent work, by the way!

Marco.

Steve Toy
13-11-2008, 09:47
I will send another couple of pics in anyway. Agreed Marco about the images being blurred, I'm just concerned about the logo standing out enough.

Marco
13-11-2008, 09:55
Yep, but I think the logo stands out just fine and dandy :)

IMO, once the right images are in, the last banner is PERFECT.

Marco.

Filterlab
13-11-2008, 18:51
Like I said though, we need to establish exactly which bits of kit are to be represented, so let's all agree on this and get it sorted.

Which bits though? I wouldn't know a Tube Distinctions amp if I fell over it in the street personally. This is why I've asked for folk to email me their images. Every image I've received so far have been incorporated in the banner and all the others are directly from the gallery. All the 'well known' items will only be subjectively well known to the owners. :scratch: :confused:

A few more ideas from others would help rather than the numb minded use of smilies, I have no idea what people want unless they tell me and I could waste hour upon hour guessing, just those three banners represent about four hours work so it's not a quick job. Personally I want the new banner to be a bit more modern and arty than the original (which I designed in a hurry and is only marginally descriptive), but others may have their own opinion. I just wish others would say what they'd like rather than simply putting a meaningless smiley up.

Filterlab
13-11-2008, 19:12
...What happened to a picture of Anthony's AOS/TD amps as discussed? The pics are all in The Gallery...

I can tell you what the problem with those shots are (now I've found them), they're freakin' thumbnails which are of no use, the images have to be large - at least 1 meg - to be of any use. All I can find are shots of Steve's Puresound thingy.

Marco
13-11-2008, 19:17
Which bits though? I wouldn't know a Tube Distinctions amp if I fell over it in the street personally.

LOL. One is featured in Steve's avatar every time he posts!! ;)

I understand what you mean though, so I'll make a list of what equipment I think should go into the banner, and then we can all agree on it, members, mods and admin.

I agree that it should be more arty and I think your efforts so far have been excellent :)

Marco.

Marco
13-11-2008, 20:31
Rob,

Here are some images that may help... My Copper amp:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=527

Steve's AOS/TD preamp:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1111

Ian's AOS/TD valve power amp:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=995

It's these sorts of images I was thinking about. I'll dig out more when I get a chance :)

What happened to Snapper's Oracle CD transport, btw? He posted you the pic but it's still not on the banner ;)

Marco.

snapper
13-11-2008, 21:36
Rob,
What happened to Snapper's Oracle CD transport, btw? He posted you the pic but it's still not on the banner ;)

Marco.

Bottom left hand side on the first two banners.

Marco
13-11-2008, 22:23
Ah cheers, dude!

I didn't even notice it there because the first two banners are not nice (IMO) and way too sore on the eyes...unlike the last one which is near perfect.

Rob, bring back David's Oracle (and include the AOS/TD stuff this time) when you rework the banner again.

Try and minimise on the 'blurry' thing going on if you can :)

Marco.

Steve Toy
14-11-2008, 03:42
You can also get some pics here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=659

Beechwoods
14-11-2008, 07:08
For me, design #3 looks best, but I prefer the 'Art Of Sound' logo bit from designs #1 and 2. I think you've done a great job, Rob, particularly given the lack of hi-res pics.

I even suggested on the earlier thread that people post up links to their galleries if they wanted Rob to look there, because it's a mind-numbing task going through the hundreds of pages there on the hunt for images.

Public announcement:

Please can everyone go through their photo-libraries and email to Rob (rob@theartofsound.net) with their best kit pics. I've seen some brilliant pictures posted here over the months, so they are out there. Maybe put aside half an hour this weekend to take some new pics and send them through, full-res. It's not that difficult!

/Public Announcement :)

Marco
14-11-2008, 09:10
Love it, Beechy! :lolsign:

And yes, of course, you're right. Bring it on, people... :)

Marco.

Filterlab
14-11-2008, 09:41
Thanks Beechy!

Cotlake
17-11-2008, 21:19
I already have! No acknowledgement! Do I have to send the Slatedeck pics again or are they not usable?

Marco
17-11-2008, 22:22
I'd definitely like Greg's Slatedeck 401 featured in the banner :)

Marco.

Filterlab
17-11-2008, 22:48
I already have! No acknowledgement! Do I have to send the Slatedeck pics again or are they not usable?

It's in the banner, all three banners in fact so far, have a look. It will be in the other designs too. No you don't have to send the photos again, believe it or not I do have a 'save' function on my computer. :)