PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Russia

tannoy man
24-10-2011, 21:22
I'm having a hard time trying to ship an 18KG parcel to Russia:(
Does anyone have any suggestions?

StanleyB
24-10-2011, 21:48
FEDEX is your best option if it is valuable. Never lost a parcel to Russia yet when using them, and it arrived in one piece as intended :).

Reid Malenfant
24-10-2011, 21:53
FEDEX is your best option if it is valuable. Never lost a parcel to Russia yet when using them, and it arrived in one piece as intended :).
Don't watch Cast Away ;)

:eyebrows:

StanleyB
24-10-2011, 22:11
I am more of an Annabel Croft type of guy :lol:.

tannoy man
25-10-2011, 15:29
Thanks I'l give them a look.

TBL
26-10-2011, 16:13
I'm having a hard time trying to ship an 18KG parcel to Russia:(
Does anyone have any suggestions?

A hard time in what way? I don't know of any of the main couriers who wont ship to Russia so puzzled about why your having a hard time.

tannoy man
26-10-2011, 18:02
The item in question is a pair of Vitavox Drivers. The box is 36x45x55cm
weight is 18kg approx value of contents is 560 euros and I need the
contents fully insured. These are not new.
I have spoken to FEDEX today, they cannot do it and described Russian Federation customs rules as a nightmare for anything valued at over 200 euros

Mark Grant
26-10-2011, 20:24
Wont be easy to Russia if you have sold to a private individual.

from UPS website:
http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/about/news/service_updates/20100526_restrictions.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=russia
-----------------------------
Import Restrictions to Russia
Service Update

Customs authorities in Russia have tightened restrictions on import shipments to Russia, in particular on dutiable shipments sent to private individuals. These shipments are currently under extraordinary scrutiny in an effort to improve accuracy of the accompanying shipping documentation.

These additional requirements lead to an unprecedented number of customs holds and delays in delivery. UPS has therefore temporarily suspended the acceptance of dutiable shipments sent to private individuals in Russia until further notice.

We regret this step and are confident that, together with the Russian customs authorities, a solution can be found.

UPS continues to accept all non-dutiable document shipments to private individuals in Russia and all commercial shipments addressed to businesses.

For the latest tracking information on all UPS shipments, please use our online tracking tool at www.ups.com.
-------------------------------------------------

If you do send them make sure the values declared on the customs paperwork are 100% accurate and provable as if there is any doubt at all of the real value the package will be sent back and you will most likely be billed the return air freight which coud be £100 to £200 or so.

maybe try parcelforce and consider sending them as two separate packages so the value of each package is less.

Just make sure the customs paperwork is squeaky clean.

screen grab attached of another site,
https://www.transglobalpremium.co.uk/quote/ with some warnings.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx234/server9/forum-pictures/Capture.jpg

have a good read on parcelforce site:
http://www.parcelforce.com/worldwide-directory/RU?account=0

Customs and Prohibitions
It is essential you check our general international prohibitions and restrictions before shipping. In addition, certificates of origin should be used for all types of goods. Import licences are also usually required for goods imported by the private sector. Goods for personal use (cosmetics, foodstuffs, electrical appliances etc) require Russian issued Hygiene certificates. Most goods also need Certificates of Conformity issued by a recognised organisation in the UK. Lack of appropriate documentation usually results in items being impounded. Customs will not clear goods unless the importer is registered in Russia. All formalities are complicated and time consuming
Global Express Custom and Prohibitions
Max 100 USD or 25 KG Moscow. Max 50000 USD or 68 KG (per consignment) St Petersburg. Max value 75 USD and 20 Kg all other cities.
This is for information only and should not be considered to have legal basis. Where doubt exists appropriate legal advice should be sought.

-

tannoy man
26-10-2011, 21:13
Cheers, I cancelled the sale and re-listed them, I could not even send them separately as the value of each parcel is over 200 euros and you cannot
send two parcels to the same address in the same week, unbelievable :steam: