PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Sugden A21 12 watt version (repost + trade offer)

henri
24-10-2011, 16:42
I am reposting this ad, in the hope to possibly get a reply, and as for an incentive, I can offer as a possible swap, a Dynaco sca-35 valve integrated :eyebrows:... As I have a pair of these...

...Hi everyone,

I have just got my hand on an old Sugden A21 amplifier that is working but has gone trough so many hands that I have difficulties undertanding what's original on it.

Does anyone has one that he'd be willing to sell. I would prefer a decent one but would take any unit that could make sense. I could take one that is faulty but complete and original.

Henri

spendorman
24-10-2011, 19:52
Many years ago I had both the Sugden A21 (actually a Richard Allen one, http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/JES/A21photos/A21pix.html) and the SCA-35. Both were in good condition.

I much preferred the sound of the SCA-35.

Mileend
25-10-2011, 12:39
Hi Henri

Might be of interest but I am selling my original Richard Allan A21 - see my ad in classifieds. It is original but a 10w version so might not be what you are after.
Thanks
Mervyn

henri
25-10-2011, 16:03
...Thanks to both of you, and please excuse-me for replying in a single post...

Spendorman ,

your comment is valuable and I am taking note of it, I would not offer a Dynaco SCA35 as a trade if I did not have an extra one...I happen to have sensitive loudspeakers that can do well on both tubes and small solid-state electronics. And I am just currious to experiment with such a "paleolitic" class A ss...

...Mervyn,

I will send you a "pm". I would be interested to know more about this Richard Allan you are selling, I understand the A21 was built upon it's design, but do not know much more about it.

Again, thanks to both of you.

Henri.