PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles, MFSL CD masters?

Spur07
22-10-2011, 13:04
Hi all,

does anyone know if MFSL ever had the license to master the Beatles albums for CD? I only ask because there seem to be a glut of ebay auctions for MFSL Beatles CD's. I assume they're needle drops although the seller doesn't seem to make reference to the fact.

Paul

DSJR
22-10-2011, 13:49
Would EMI allow mere amateurs (:D) dare to touch the Crown Jewells?????????? I could be wrong, but they've done so much bodging to the original recordings in trying to improve them for posterity, do you honestly think they'd allow a common or garden "audiophool" label anywhere near them? :lol:

Spur07
22-10-2011, 15:31
Would EMI allow mere amateurs (:D) dare to touch the Crown Jewells?????????? I could be wrong, but they've done so much bodging to the original recordings in trying to improve them for posterity, do you honestly think they'd allow a common or garden "audiophool" label anywhere near them? :lol:

Thanks Dave.

I guess that's a 'No' then :lol:

snapper
22-10-2011, 18:51
You can read about The Beatles MFSL CDs here (http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=mfslar).

Conflicting views as to them being needledrops or from the original tapes.

Audioman
24-10-2011, 19:18

Yes because they let MFSL have the tapes for the vinyl releases. (last time they let 'em out of Abbey Road). Of course the audiophools bodged them as much as EMI does with it's own CD reissues. Mo-Fi boosted the highs and lows.
MFSL of course did not make CD versions.