PDA

View Full Version : FS: Luxman FQ 990 – their state-of-the-art 1970s receiver

Neil McCauley
18-10-2011, 18:02
Fully functioning. Great condition for the age. Checked by a qualified engineer last year and all components inc Caps found to be in excellent condition.

Here’s an opportunity that rarely comes around, the chance to own one of the most sought after vintage mammoth receivers from the late 70's.

This receiver is in constant demand by collectors of vintage stereo equipment. The Luxman FQ-990 represents the pinnacle of audio engineering from one of the 70’s leading Hi Fidelity manufacturers. The desire to make a BIG statement in the ‘Receiver Wars’ of the 70’s. This was their response to the Sansui 9090, the Yamaha CR-2020 / 3030 and the Pioneer 1250. Which one was the finest? Frankly, no idea. However …

Of the ‘Big 4’ makers, Luxman, in terms of volume of production were the smallest. They claimed to use only the best components available and designs by the best engineers. What I can say is that the amplification performance is up ‘there’ near my Rowland/Trio combination. The FM performance isn’t quite up to the standards of my Trio/Kenwood KT-917, but very few tuners are!

The original silly bare wire terminals have been replaced by sensible heavy-duty binding posts. Other than that, everything is original.

Please email me to express an interest. Happy to answer questions on a one-to-one basis but not on this public forum. Will be offered for sale when I get back from holiday week beginning 31 October 2011. Thank you.

ho@no-alibi.demon.co.uk

Marco
18-10-2011, 18:29
:worthless:

;)

Marco.

Neil McCauley
18-10-2011, 21:11
:worthless:

;)

Marco.

A good point. Hmm. Er. Please sir, how do I do that.

Thanks. H

Marco
19-10-2011, 07:04
Hi Howard,

Take some pictures (obviously), and then upload the images via Photobucket or Imageshack, and pop the generated forum codes into the reply box here, and post them - simples! There are detailed instructions on how to do this in The Gallery:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2

If you're struggling, email me the pics and I'll post them here for you :)

Marco.