PDA

View Full Version : Splendidly magnificent - Mark Grant G2000HD WBT Cu Interconnects

The Black Adder
16-10-2011, 15:46
I'm another one for a full thumbs up Mark Grant G2000HD intherconnects.

Picked them up from Mark himself, great lad and even serves a decent cuppa.. and biccies!

These interconnects are really something else. I've had them in my system for a few days now and I have to say that the definition is really quite astonishing. Primal Screams Echo Dek has never sounded so good... loads of bass, crisp, fast and no brightness.. luvly jubbly.

Superbly made with the WBT CU 0102 plugs these cables have simply got to one of the best upgrades to any system.

I've had my system on very loud for at least 2 hours and it's a joy to listen to.

No time for Mr. fatigue round these parts my son, the snout is brown bread.

Marco
18-10-2011, 06:30
Nice one, Joe. Rather good, aren't they? :)

When funds permit at some point later, get Mark to upgrade the WBTs to the solid-silver versions, and you'll be shocked and stunned again at the increase in your system's sonic performance. Trust me, that done, you'll own the best interconnects money can buy! ;)

Marco.

MartinT
18-10-2011, 07:19
Well done, Joe. They are rather good, aren't they? I entrust my precious signal from step-up transformer to phono preamp with a set of these.

SquireC
19-10-2011, 14:22
Yes, excellent leads. Made a big difference to my system. Must find out about those silver connectors.

jon1
19-10-2011, 18:42
Yes, excellent leads. Made a big difference to my system. Must find out about those silver connectors.

silver connectors well worth a try;)

jon

The Black Adder
19-10-2011, 18:45
Don't temp me... upgradeitus shouldn't be here just yet!.. :o

jon1
19-10-2011, 19:00
Don't temp me... upgradeitus shouldn't be here just yet!.. :o

Go on joe you know you want too:eyebrows:..I have had the silver interconnects for four months now..can not go back;)

jon

The Black Adder
19-10-2011, 19:05
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaargh!

Reid Malenfant
19-10-2011, 19:17
:lolsign: Ha ha ha ha hahaaaaaa :eyebrows:

jon1
19-10-2011, 19:58
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaargh!

Joe their is nothing wrong with the interconnets you have now;)give them a chance:eyebrows:

jon

The Black Adder
19-10-2011, 20:22
lol.. I intend to. I'll upgrade later...

The interconnects are superb, I am well impressed. :)

jon1
19-10-2011, 20:30
lol.. I intend to. I'll upgrade later...

The interconnects are superb, I am well impressed. :)

I Much later:eyebrows:

jon

Chivas
21-10-2011, 19:02
Do you guys know how these compare to the GHD1000? I'm in the market for a pair (or perhaps a couple) and Mark's cables are top of the list to try, but I'm uncertain on which to go for and how big the steps between the 1000, 1500 and 2000 are?

Perhaps an idea to step it down from small to big signal, i.e. 2000 phono stage to pre-amp and then the 1500/1000 to power amp?

Chivas

The Black Adder
21-10-2011, 19:27
I came from the G1000HD's - I traded them in with Mark for the G2000HD's and yes a big improvement in my system.

I'm using two G2000HD's one from my cd player and the other from pre to power amps..

Mark Grant
21-10-2011, 20:16
Do you guys know how these compare to the GHD1000? I'm in the market for a pair (or perhaps a couple) and Mark's cables are top of the list to try, but I'm uncertain on which to go for and how big the steps between the 1000, 1500 and 2000 are?

Perhaps an idea to step it down from small to big signal, i.e. 2000 phono stage to pre-amp and then the 1500/1000 to power amp?

Chivas

There is a difference depending how revealing the system is.
G1500HD with Neutrik profi is not far off the G2000HD with the WBT and costs much less.

If you can wait a few days I will be listing a few traded in cables, there will be a few bargains :)

jon1
21-10-2011, 20:24

Chivas

Try and keep all the MG interconnects the same if possible:eyebrows:

jon

Chivas
21-10-2011, 23:07
If you can wait a few days I will be listing a few traded in cables, there will be a few bargains :)

I will definitely keep my eyes open! Will they be advertised on your website Mark? I'm looking for a pair/2 for myself and my dad.

Chivas
24-10-2011, 08:15
I came from the G1000HD's - I traded them in with Mark for the G2000HD's and yes a big improvement in my system.

I'm using two G2000HD's one from my cd player and the other from pre to power amps..

I just bought a pair of traded in G1000HD from Mark - these are probaly yours Joe! I will also try the G1500HD's and compare. I think the 2000's are a little rich for me at the minute - unless there's a 2nd hand pair out there - highly unlikely I think.

The Black Adder
25-10-2011, 17:46
I just bought a pair of traded in G1000HD from Mark - these are probaly yours Joe! I will also try the G1500HD's and compare. I think the 2000's are a little rich for me at the minute - unless there's a 2nd hand pair out there - highly unlikely I think.

Thats great matey. The G1000HD's are very good cables, the best I've heard in price and most of all, construction.

If they are my previous ones then rest assured they have not had a hard life, they were plugged in and stayed there.

Let us know what you think.

Cheers
Joe

brian2957
15-11-2011, 13:19
I've just worked my way up from the Mark Grant G1000HD to the G2000HD CU interconnects. The G1000HDs were as good as any cable that I have used , and I had been using my last interconnects for the last five years as they were the best that I had heard in my system until I heard the G1000HDs.. The G2000HD CU interconnects are a big step up from the G1000HDs IMO and have moved my fairly modest system up to another level of performance . Well worth the outlay IMHO. I fully intend to upgrade to the silver plugged version when funds allow and release even more of the potential of my system. Incidentally , I have found dealing with Mark to be a total pleasure . He is a very friendly and helpful seller .
Brian.

Tim
15-11-2011, 13:28
I have found dealing with Mark to be a total pleasure . He is a very friendly and helpful seller.
Agreed 100%, I have just bought some G2000HD's myself (yesterday in fact) and have used Mark's cables for awhile now. Looking forward to receiving the 2000's, which I know will arrive promptly, well packed and with the security of knowing if you don't like them, you can send them back without a problem ...... I have yet to send anything back to Mark ;)

brian2957
15-11-2011, 13:39
See you have a Gatorized Caiman Tim . That's what I'm using hooked up to an NVA AP20 amp with excellent results. Very little chance of you sending these back methinks. I hope you get the improvements I got upgrading to the G2000HDs. I have just purchased today a set of Van Damme Blue speaker cables. How do you rate them ?
Brian.

The Black Adder
15-11-2011, 15:45
I'd be interested in the verdict regarding the Van Damme Blue cables too Brian, Tim :)

brian2957
15-11-2011, 21:53
I will give them a go and post what they sound like in my system in a week or two.
Brian.

jon1
15-11-2011, 22:08
Agreed 100%, I have just bought some G2000HD's myself (yesterday in fact) and have used Mark's cables for awhile now. Looking forward to receiving the 2000's, which I know will arrive promptly, well packed and with the security of knowing if you don't like them, you can send them back without a problem ...... I have yet to send anything back to Mark ;)

They wont be going back tim:eyebrows:great choice;)

jon

Tim
20-11-2011, 19:31
Well I picked these up from the Post Office on Thursday (very prompt delivery as always from MG), but I only got round to hooking them up today.

Beautiful build quality as ever and yup........ they won't be going back - thanks Mark :)

brian2957
20-11-2011, 19:45
Told you so! Incidentally I tried the Van Damme Blue speaker cables in my system Tim . Less of everything I'm afraid. Probably need a lot of burning in to sound their best . To be honest I have neither the time nor the inclination to burn them in at present as I'm too busy enjoying the music through the G2000s
Brian.

jostber
21-11-2011, 13:05
Waiting for the delivery of a G2000HD for my new tuner, which now has a rather scruffy preliminary cable from some old kit. Should be a real upgrade. :)

The Black Adder
21-11-2011, 21:27
Well I picked these up from the Post Office on Thursday (very prompt delivery as always from MG), but I only got round to hooking them up today.

Beautiful build quality as ever and yup........ they won't be going back - thanks Mark :)

Fantastic news! :)

jon1
21-11-2011, 21:57
I have sent mine back a few times px...But just to upgrade..the ones i have now are keepers;):eyebrows:

jon

brian2957
21-11-2011, 22:55
Me too Jon. I have worked my way up the range. Interestingly I heard a large improvement as I moved from the G1000s to the G1500s and finally to the G2000s in what I would describe as a very modest system . The point being that I didn't need a high-end system to reap the benefits of these excellent cables. I believe that there is a solid silver- plugged version ,which is on the cards for a future upgrade.
Brian.

Chivas
02-12-2011, 12:40
I would also like to chip my 2 cents in...

I ordered a set of each, G1000HD, G1500HD and G2000HD.

The G1000HD was already on par with the best cables that I own at a fraction of the price. They are really very good and if I did not have the 1500 and 2000 on hand to compare, I wouldn't have felt that I was missing anything.

The G1500HD was tonally the same as the 1000, but had a little more detail, I wouldn't describe it as a jaw-dropping night and day difference, but definitely worth the incremental price - also worth mentioning that the 1500 was new and not played in, compared to a 2nd hand and well played in 1000.

The G2000HD - oh my word! It is really hard to describe what is so good about this cable, because nothing stands out, it is just "right". Every now and then you come across a component that just hits the spot, it sounds right and you have no desire to analyse it. Compared to my other top cables, it sounded more natural, less forced and almost like you have more time to listen to every note, against a pitch black background.

I've never been a great believer in cables until recently when my very revealing Grado PS1000 was so bright that I considered selling them - as a last resort I swapped the cables and this made all the difference. That got me to start believing in the merit of good cables and got me interested in the Mark Grant range, based on comments on this forum. They truly do make a difference and are worth the money. I got one of each of the whole range, because I couldn't believe that the same cable with different connectors could sound very different and thought that it must be a commercial strategy by Mark, but although they all use the same cable, there really is a difference as you go up in the range and I would say that they are very well priced, you get what you pay for and the difference is roughly proportional to the price increment.

I would also like to add that Mark is a top guy to deal with and his service is exemplary. I returned the G1500HD to buy another set of the G2000HD for my dad, no questions asked and no hassles.

These cables carry my highest recommendation and you won't be disappointed!

Chivas

kininigin
02-12-2011, 13:28
i've just recieved a pair of G2000HD's,which i only paid for yesterday late afternoon.Great service from mark once again.About to stick them in between pre and dac.

Im off for some listening.

jon1
02-12-2011, 19:57
Me too Jon. I have worked my way up the range. Interestingly I heard a large improvement as I moved from the G1000s to the G1500s and finally to the G2000s in what I would describe as a very modest system . The point being that I didn't need a high-end system to reap the benefits of these excellent cables. I believe that there is a solid silver- plugged version ,which is on the cards for a future upgrade.
Brian.

Do you mean these brain?..http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_1&products_id=368

jon

brian2957
02-12-2011, 23:22
Hi Jon , Mark does a set of interconnects terminated with WBT AG solid silver plugs using the same cable as the G2000HD . The interconnects you are looking at seem to be another proposition altogether , includuing the price . The interconnects I am considering buying below :
http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_1&products_id=273
To be honest with you the G2000HDs which I have in my system just now are so good that they will be in place for a long
time before I consider upgrading them.
Although the silver plugged version does appear to provide a big improvement and are well regarded on this forum

Brian.

jon1
03-12-2011, 17:31
Hi Jon , Mark does a set of interconnects terminated with WBT AG solid silver plugs using the same cable as the G2000HD . The interconnects you are looking at seem to be another proposition altogether , includuing the price . The interconnects I am considering buying below :
http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_1&products_id=273
To be honest with you the G2000HDs which I have in my system just now are so good that they will be in place for a long
time before I consider upgrading them.
Although the silver plugged version does appear to provide a big improvement and are well regarded on this forum

Brian.

Tempted are you Brian?:eyebrows:

jon

brian2957
03-12-2011, 17:47
Very. But Christmas looming so I will have to exercise some restraint. Probably early in the new year . TBH I'm really enjoying the G2000HDs as they are at the moment Jon , these are fantastic interconnects. If I do get another improvement when I upgrade to the silver WBTs I'll be over the moon.
Brian.

Tim
03-12-2011, 17:59
TBH I'm really enjoying the G2000HDs as they are at the moment . . .
So am I, been running them for 2 weeks now and I'm very impressed indeed, these are stonking interconnects for the money. I know you wouldn't describe them as cheap, but they really are worth every penny. The definition is superb with well defined and solid bass too. I don't like a bright sound, preferring warmth but I still like to hear detail - these can do this, well they can in my system.

I'm very happy indeed.

jon1
03-12-2011, 18:01
Very. But Christmas looming so I will have to exercise some restraint. Probably early in the new year . TBH I'm really enjoying the G2000HDs as they are at the moment Jon , these are fantastic interconnects. If I do get another improvement when I upgrade to the silver WBTs I'll be over the moon.
Brian.

Brian i have upgraded through the range of stereo interconnects and have not disappointed with any of them;)..but the best are the ones i use in my setup today:eyebrows:

jon

jon1
03-12-2011, 18:02
So am I, been running them for 2 weeks now and I'm very impressed indeed, these are stonking interconnects for the money. I know you wouldn't describe them as cheap, but they really are worth every penny. The definition is superb with well defined and solid bass too. I don't like a bright sound, preferring warmth but I still like to hear detail - these can do this, well they can in my system.

I'm very happy indeed.

Nice one tim:eyebrows:

jon

The Black Adder
04-12-2011, 09:14
This is great to hear.

I'm really enjoying these cables. Although the silver ones are tempting me I'm really very happy with these indeed.

One thing I've noticed most is that the sound stage is much more open and very deep.

Top build quality too and for the price point, they are unbeatable.

I just wish I had more time to listen to my stuff, with kids here now I hardly fire my amps up which is a shame.

Tim
04-12-2011, 09:44
. . . I hardly fire my amps up which is a shame.
Give them to me Joe, I'll make sure they don't go idle :eyebrows:

brian2957
04-12-2011, 09:50
I agree totally Joe. I've been into hifi and music for over 30 years and have had

a couple of systems in that time . I realised very early on that the cables I

used in my system had a marked effect on how the system sounded . I have

used twin and earth mains cable to some rather more expensive cables over the

years. I've even made my own silver and copper cables . My last interconnect

was in my system for around 5 years because it was

the best I had come across. The G1000HDS were an improvement on these

so you can imagine my reaction when I put the G2000HDs into my system.

Been there with the kids mate your time will come . :)

Brian.

The Black Adder
04-12-2011, 10:49
Give them to me Joe, I'll make sure they don't go idle :eyebrows:

lol..Well, Tim they may be up for sale soon. Little fingers and exposed valves don't mix.

:( :(

The Black Adder
04-12-2011, 10:59
I agree totally Joe. I've been into hifi and music for over 30 years and have had

a couple of systems in that time . I realised very early on that the cables I

used in my system had a marked effect on how the system sounded . I have

used twin and earth mains cable to some rather more expensive cables over the

years. I've even made my own silver and copper cables . My last interconnect

was in my system for around 5 years because it was

the best I had come across. The G1000HDS were an improvement on these

so you can imagine my reaction when I put the G2000HDs into my system.

Been there with the kids mate your time will come . :)

Brian.

Yeah Brian. I like to look at the Russ Andrews comic that comes through the door every now and then... Personally I think their prices are ridiculous, I mean £14k for an IC?... Whats going on there?

I'm sure they sound great but... whoah! Thats a lot of brass.

MartinT
04-12-2011, 19:28
lol..Well, Tim they may be up for sale soon. Little fingers and exposed valves don't mix.

I found with my son that training works wonders. Much better than trying to take everything out of reach.

The Black Adder
04-12-2011, 21:23
I found with my son that training works wonders. Much better than trying to take everything out of reach.

Yeah.. true. :)

brian2957
04-12-2011, 23:14
Yeah Brian. I like to look at the Russ Andrews comic that comes through the door every now and then... Personally I think their prices are ridiculous, I mean £14k for an IC?... Whats going on there?

Funny I was just reading that particular catalogue myself this morning and

wondering at these very interconnects . Makes you appreciate where the real

value for money lies doesn't it.

da2222
05-12-2011, 09:43

I tried both the G2000 Cu and Ag interconnects over a period of two weeks and they are extremely well made with good balance, without a great difference between them soundwise. Ultimately I returned them as in my system they lacked a bit of sound stage and smoothness in the treble region but only when compared to my (expensive) acoustic zen silver reference II ICs.

jon1
05-12-2011, 20:01
I tried both the G2000 Cu and Ag interconnects over a period of two weeks and they are extremely well made with good balance, without a great difference between them soundwise. Ultimately I returned them as in my system they lacked a bit of sound stage and smoothness in the treble region but only when compared to my (expensive) acoustic zen silver reference II ICs.

Was the the Ag connectors on the G2000 cable?

jon

da2222
05-12-2011, 20:26

Yes, I tested 2 pairs: one with the Cu connectors, the other with the Ag...

brian2957
05-12-2011, 21:55
Thanks for the feedback Drew . But I've been into this hobby long enough to know that all

hifi components react with each other differently . I for one will be trying

these i/cs in my own system . Mark does offer a money back guarantee if

I'm not happy with them. I haven't been disappointed so far.

da2222
06-12-2011, 09:35
Thanks for the feedback Drew . But I've been into this hobby to know that all

hifi components react with each other differently.

Absolutely!

Chivas
06-12-2011, 10:12

jon

From my understanding, the whole GxxxHD range uses the same cable with different connectors - and soldering (or not soldered) techniques.

MartinT
06-12-2011, 10:50
Yes, that's my understanding too.