PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4s - Early Impressions Camera Review and a chance to mock me!

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2011, 18:04
Firstly ... the chance to mock me ...
This video shows how i spent my morning ... yes, i did get up first thing (5.50am) to get one ... we got to the o2 shop for 7am ... ...

BPZ3pDxipa4&

But it was all for this ...
a first impressions review for rpf

http://www.realphotographersforum.com/content/452-iphone-4s-early-impressions-camera-review-iphone-4-comparisons.html

:)

Thing Fish
14-10-2011, 18:43
I'm jealous! I have to wait until i'm due an upgrade in December.

Only another 6 weeks...:wah:

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2011, 18:58
At least you won't have to get up at sily past stupid to get it ....
To be honest, it's not like the difference between the 3GS and 4 ...
Roll on iPhone 5 I say ;)

The best thing for me is the better camera (obviously) ... That lens flare on the 4 got right on my nerves!

Thing Fish
14-10-2011, 19:06
To be honest, it's not like the difference between the 3GS and 4 ...
Roll on iPhone 5 I say ;)

I have a 3gs so am expecting a worthwile upgrade...:)

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2011, 19:10
Fow show matey ... That's certainly a sizeable upgrade!

DanJennings
14-10-2011, 19:33
how's about this for an upgrade, I went from this:
http://st2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-6500slide-00.jpg

to this:

http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/galaxy-s-ii-a-1-slashgear-580x390-540x363.jpg

Ali Tait
14-10-2011, 19:39
Iphones are the work of the devil! :lol:

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2011, 20:03
Is that a Samsung? All that android stuff just blurs into a mush of shit for me Dan ;)

Hehe, I'm very joking ... Let's not get into that crap! Each to thier own with iPhone choice, I'm sure android offers just as much as iOS ...

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2011, 20:22
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/hamish_gill/_DSF2844.jpg

sexy phone... see... Im really sucked in to the shit eh ;)

ikaruga
14-10-2011, 20:32
Excellent round up. Keep the opinions coming. I sold my 3GS for a decent sum & was looking for this. Now I've seen the camera isn't a massive improvement over the 4 maybe I'll go for a 4 on a 12 month contract then go to the 5 which should be out by then.

Interesting stuff.

Let me just tell you this Samsung Galaxy Mini I'm using is a big heap of steaming dung and then some.

Thing Fish
14-10-2011, 20:34
Not sure about the white. Think i'll buy one in black.

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2011, 20:41
I gave the missis the black iphone4 ... didnt want to get them mixed up ...

Im not going to say its not a big upgrade ... i dont have enough use with it to say really.
I would struggle to buy a 4 now!
It certainly seems faster!

It was just the "retina" screen of the 4 from 3gs that really made a difference, im yet to see a better screen on any device of any type, its so sharp! and i often use it for checking colour of images! Its better than my laptop screen by a clear mile!

ikaruga
14-10-2011, 20:53
In all honesty I use mine for general quick browsing, rss feeds, bit of camera, the very odd game... Oh and that novel thing called ringing people :)

Coming from the 3GS, which I was massively happy with until I sold it, even the 4 will be a decent upgrade to me. But I am a gadget sucker! 02 need to do me a good deal, I've been with them almost 10 years.

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2011, 21:02
They seem to be sacking off all the deals ...
It's getting very hard to get anything out of them even if you have been with them for years now ...
Mines a business phone, so I don't have to justify it :)

Marco
14-10-2011, 23:02
Lol, Hamish - you're a very mad boy.... :eyebrows:

To me, a phone's just a phone (as long as I can call my friends and send texts, I don't give a feck), but anyway, enjoy it dude! :cool:

Marco.

Vinyleyes
15-10-2011, 03:33
Firstly ... the chance to mock me ...
This video shows how i spent my morning ... yes, i did get up first thing (5.50am) to get one ... we got to the o2 shop for 7am ... ...

But it was all for this ...
a first impressions review for rpf

http://www.realphotographersforum.com/content/452-iphone-4s-early-impressions-camera-review-iphone-4-comparisons.html

:)

Well I admire your fortitude Hamish ... and your bravery in exposing yourself to the good natured ridicule from such members that are not enamoured by, or have use for, such detail and dedication .......... :lolsign:

So thanks for your review ... and could you give an opinion how the Iphone camera now stands up against the Nokia smartphones .. these were always the best for photography ..

Cheers ...

DanJennings
15-10-2011, 07:30
Is that a Samsung? All that android stuff just blurs into a mush of shit for me Dan ;)

Hehe, I'm very joking ... Let's not get into that crap! Each to thier own with iPhone choice, I'm sure android offers just as much as iOS ...

Yeah mate it's a Samsung Galaxy S2, and I loved it until someone stole it a couple of weeks ago, waiting for my replacement to come through.... should be today or Monday. (and you don't have to use shitty iTunes.... you had your dig, I can have mine ;))

The Vinyl Adventure
15-10-2011, 14:02
Well I admire your fortitude Hamish ... and your bravery in exposing yourself to the good natured ridicule from such members that are not enamoured by, or have use for, such detail and dedication .......... :lolsign:

If your going to do such ridiculous things, its my opinion that opening your self up to the ridicule is by far the easiest way of dealing with it as a decision.
Only a foolish person would see a foolish action as normal or defensible ... ;)

So thanks for your review ... and could you give an opinion how the Iphone camera now stands up against the Nokia smartphones .. these were always the best for photography ..

Cheers ...

I don't have any direct experience of the Nokia range if I'm honest...
The difference in quality between 2 tiny sensor cameras in phones are fairly negligible though. Its seems to me more sensible to choose a phone based on operating system and available apps etc.
im pleased that the iphone4s camera is slightly better than the 4 camera, but i wouldn't buy a windows or symbian phone for its camera even if it was 3 times better ... just my opinion of course :)

Marco
15-10-2011, 14:38
I think Dan was looking for a bit more 'action' in the shower scene... ;)

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
15-10-2011, 14:45
Yeah mate it's a Samsung Galaxy S2, and I loved it until someone stole it a couple of weeks ago, waiting for my replacement to come through.... should be today or Monday. (and you don't have to use shitty iTunes.... you had your dig, I can have mine ;))

Dont get me started on iTunes ... Someone really need to tell apple the definition of Sync is not "delete every thing off iPhone and replace with what in iTunes" the faff I had getting this iPhone working like the last one...
Thank god for google sync!

colinB
18-10-2011, 14:38
I normally buy sony gadgets but imo theres one thing that tempts me to the other side and thats the fact you can use iphone as a remote control linked to your music system. Genius, and those numb nuts at sony still dont have that facility for their walkmans ( or gapless playback for that matter) :steam:

The Vinyl Adventure
18-10-2011, 16:49
You can remotely control spotify too now... And you don't even have to be in the same country to do it!! ... Now that is clever IMO!

WAD62
18-10-2011, 17:13
I normally buy sony gadgets but imo theres one thing that tempts me to the other side and thats the fact you can use iphone as a remote control linked to your music system. Genius, and those numb nuts at sony still dont have that facility for their walkmans ( or gapless playback for that matter) :steam:

Try an HTC with android, gapless FLAC playback with poweramp, SqueezeCommander to control my SBs, and Squeezeplay if i want to use it as an additional player (admittedly not much use to me as I have 4 proper ones already)...and I added an additional 32Gb for £40

Oh and did I mention the Google maps turn by turn satnav, and full Google mail/documents/calendar/contacts integration and synchronisation...still I suppose it's not quite as shiny as the apple. ;)

Tim
18-10-2011, 17:56
Well I have to say respect to you Hamish for putting yourself on offer with this thread..... iPhones are not for me, but each to their own and I'm sure I would do a similar thing (and used to all the time) for a concert ticket :eyebrows:

The Vinyl Adventure
18-10-2011, 18:10
Shiny and less bendy ...
I really don't care for the "mines better than yours" apple vs android stuff ... Makes no odds to me, I'm happy with what I have and can see why people would be happy with thier androids
I do find it odd that android users are forever mocking iPhone users though... Like they have something to prove? ;) hehe I'm joking .. I really don't give a toss either way :)

colinB
18-10-2011, 19:55
Try an HTC with android, gapless FLAC playback with poweramp, SqueezeCommander to control my SBs, and Squeezeplay if i want to use it as an additional player (admittedly not much use to me as I have 4 proper ones already)...and I added an additional 32Gb for £40

Oh and did I mention the Google maps turn by turn satnav, and full Google mail/documents/calendar/contacts integration and synchronisation...still I suppose it's not quite as shiny as the apple. ;)
:hmm:

Thing Fish
19-10-2011, 00:28
I do find it odd that android users are forever mocking iPhone users though... Like they have something to prove? ;) hehe I'm joking .. I really don't give a toss either way :)

+1 :scratch:

Marco
19-10-2011, 06:56
I do find it odd that android users are forever mocking iPhone users though... Like they have something to prove? I really don't give a toss either way :)

Lol... What a load of pish. Like anyone gives a flying feck! Please tell me that this nonsense is made up and not actually a real issue :doh:

Next: who's got the biggest dongle........? :eyebrows:

:rolleyes:

Marco.

colinB
19-10-2011, 10:09
Been that way for as long as i remember Marco, its the old microsoft v apple, the battle of the nerds :lol:

Marco
19-10-2011, 10:17
Freakin' madness, and not a world I will ever be part of! :mental:

Marco.

colinB
19-10-2011, 11:20
Freakin' madness, and not a world I will ever be part of! :mental:

Marco.

Reminds me of when i was younger and i could only afford Numark decks and all the Technics boys would look down there noses at them. You got to laugh.

WAD62
19-10-2011, 12:25
:hmm:

Doh, I also forgot full flash support for the browser...;)

colinB
19-10-2011, 13:14
Doh, I also forgot full flash support for the browser...;)

And it doesnt crash?

WAD62
19-10-2011, 13:26
And it doesnt crash?

I can't remember it doing so...and I've had the Desire for about 18 months now :)

Shame the same can't be said about it's Samsung Galaxy predecessor, now that was a shocking piece of kit

colinB
19-10-2011, 13:33
Didnt mean the phone i meant abode flash. Never works on google chrome with my pc some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the phone.

The Vinyl Adventure
19-10-2011, 14:33
flash is shit anyway ...
Fancy having somthing that requires a third party plugin to work
even Adobe are embracing html 5
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/?sdid=JAXXS&skwcid=TC|23316|edge%20adobe||S|b|7196989228
:upyours::eek:;)

colinB
19-10-2011, 15:05
Theres only one way to decide this....

Fight Fight Fight:fence: