PDA

View Full Version : Gallagher wants more like Cowell..

aquapiranha
12-10-2011, 10:44
I see that mr noel gallagher thinks the music industry needs more people like mr cowell. He says it will mean more honest assessment of upcoming artists. So, what do we think about this? I personally dislike any xfactor type program and have no interest in the artists they create, and I certainly do not rate gallagher! But, as in most things, I am sure others will disagree :lol:

It may be coincidence, but it seems gallagher is about to release a solo album, so he might just be looking for free publicity (in the past it seemed one of the two in oasis was always having a fight outside a nightclub, with the press conveniently in attendance, whenever they were about to release a new album..)

See here..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15222850

prestonchipfryer
12-10-2011, 11:09
How sad is that. Oh dear what a plonker! :doh:

Audioman
12-10-2011, 13:46
Mouth in gear and brain in neutral (as usual). Funny he turned down the offer of being the head judge before Gary Barlow was offered. Didn't want contestants in his house and crying in the kitchen. :lol: It's all good publicity for his album and Oasis would have got nowhere on this type of show as it's for alleged singers not songwriters/musicians. Funny how 95% of 'upcoming artists' get noticed by the more traditional routes (gigging, record companies) or Youtube.

Thing Fish
12-10-2011, 13:53
Gallagher was ok but he was better with Lyle when they had the hit single 'heart on my sleeve'

WAD62
12-10-2011, 15:01
See here..

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/273262/datsun_ready_to_return.html

...err that's an article about Datsuns, and not even the NZ rock band version...:)

aquapiranha
12-10-2011, 18:19
...err that's an article about Datsuns, and not even the NZ rock band version...:)

Haha! so it isd! oops. I was linkinf to the artical about Datsun by PM sorry.

Now amended to include the correct link to mr gallaghers thoughts on how to save the British music industry..

As you were... :lol:

Reid Malenfant
12-10-2011, 18:26
"This is going to sound crazy but if the music business was inhabited by more people like him it would be in a better place because he's brutally honest.
Yes, so are you Noel, it's a pity you just don't know what the hell you are on about :eyebrows:

"He's not pretending to be anything he's not. He's not claiming he's going home and listening to The White Album.
Were you at one time pretending to be the Beatles along with your brother i wonder? :scratch:

"If everyone in the music business were brutally honest about what their intentions were then you could sort things out, but it's all smoke and mirrors," he said.
Noel, please read above :doh:

While i reckon Noel might be slightly more intelligent than Liam, no doubt because Noel got more punches in first - both of them aren't exactly the brightest sparks :eyebrows:

Pete The Cat
12-10-2011, 19:07
While I couldn't argue with his obvious success (and have a couple of his albums) I'm not at all sure NG would survive the brutal honesty of a Cowell environment himself. Although I like bits of Oasis I can't help but feel they have been lucky to punch above their weight. I think he's the world's most successful busker - more than just influenced by his obvious heroes.

Pete

Vinyleyes
14-10-2011, 17:10
Let's be honest here ... would Oasis have even been allowed to make a record in the late 60's early 70's with all the talent around then ? ..

Macca
15-10-2011, 09:04
Let's be honest here ... would Oasis have even been allowed to make a record in the late 60's early 70's with all the talent around then ? ..

You can say that about a lot of bands from the nineties onwards. The first album was at the right time and place and has some good tunes and rock n roll spirit. The production is different but that was deliberate, if it sounds bad on your system that's your system not being up to it I'm afraid.

Vinyleyes
15-10-2011, 10:15
You can say that about a lot of bands from the nineties onwards. The first album was at the right time and place and has some good tunes and rock n roll spirit. The production is different but that was deliberate, if it sounds bad on your system that's your system not being up to it I'm afraid.

I'm not talking about the reproduction .. simply the content ... just not a fan I'm afraid. ... :) ..

Jac Hawk
22-10-2011, 11:31

I think you may be wearing a set of rose tinted glasses there mate, not everything in the 60's and 70's was great, the Seekers and the Bay City Rollers to name but a few. Yes Noel and Liam were a couple of load mouthed arseholes and yes you can clearly see where Noel gets his inspiration from, but is that a bad thing? for me I take him for what he is, an average bloke who's wrote a few pretty good tunes that put a smile on my face :)