PDA

View Full Version : Mains Cables R Us Pure Silver Mains Lead

MCRU
09-10-2011, 20:00
I have sold a few of these but do not advertise them as they take sooooo long to assemble but as there seems to be a renewed interest in silver here it is. The difference between mine and many other silver cables is the terminations (which I think are as important as the cable if not more so).

This mains lead uses an IeGo pure silver IEC connector, cryo treated and manufactured to very tight tolerances (hence the tight fit into the mating IEC inlet), the silver comes from melted down silver coins and I have heard this connector in action, it is quite superb.

The wire I use is imported from Japan, 5N pure silver which I think is about the best available, it is expensive but I have tried many others and this sounds the best, I use 2 x 1.5mm for live, 2 x 1.5mm for neutral and 1.5mm OFC copper for earth.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/7fe0c6c6.jpg
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/a1957e5b.jpg
As there is currently no pure silver mains plug available (I am working on it) I have used my own reference mains plug which is 15 microns silver plated by a company with 50 years experience in this field. The plug is fitted with my favourite fuse Hi-Fi Tuning UK Gold with pure silver fuse wire.

1 metre long as standard, longer lengths made to order, £395.00 delivered.

Also available with silver plated Schuko plug or USA Nema plug for small extra charge. PM or e-mail (david@mains-cables-r-us.co.uk) to order or discuss your requirements. Thanks

Reid Malenfant
09-10-2011, 20:07
Hi Dave, is it screened? Just asking as you didn't mention it :)

MCRU
09-10-2011, 20:11
Yes it is a special make up of my own, I have spent 3 years researching silver wire and this project was always one running in the background but never getting anywhere, I have as I said above made a few already with good results, screened and un-screened versions are available.

Reid Malenfant
09-10-2011, 20:24
Nice & all the best Dave...

I'm not going to tell you how i fitted a 6mm^2 SY cable into a mains plug, needless to say it will never fit in a standard IEC connector.. I'm sure you have some there that it may well fit though ;) But it fits fine in a Neutrik HC 32Amp Powercon :)

Nothing like a lovely low impedance supply!

worthingpagan
09-10-2011, 21:24
as the silver is higher than 5 nines purity it would explain the enormous cost

MCRU
10-10-2011, 10:48
as the silver is higher than 5 nines purity it would explain the enormous cost

Enormous cost based on what assumptions?

With power cords costing £2000-£5000 and NOT using pure silver wire how can you use that word? :)

worthingpagan
10-10-2011, 11:11
Enormous cost based on what assumptions?

With power cords costing £2000-£5000 and NOT using pure silver wire how can you use that word? :)

forget it

DSJR
10-10-2011, 11:43
forget it

Remember, people who spend thousands on a mains cable of all things are FAR too wealthy for their own good and deeply insecure IMO - needing to get the most expensive gear and bits to show how "sucessful" they are. The fact that these products exist at all is some cause for concern.

worthingpagan
10-10-2011, 11:46
I should point out that in my post where I refer to the "enormous cost", I was referring to the cost of 5 nines silver, NOT the cost of Dave's mains cable, which is built to a very high standard, judging by the specs. Sometimes i shoot myself in the foot by not posting what i really mean to say :rolleyes:

MCRU
10-10-2011, 11:50
If we all posted what we really mean to say dude life would be far less complicated.

Silver is more expensive now than it has ever been, the best costs more, simple fact of life.

DaveK
10-10-2011, 11:59
Remember, people who spend thousands on a mains cable of all things are FAR too wealthy for their own good and deeply insecure IMO - needing to get the most expensive gear and bits to show how "sucessful" they are. The fact that these products exist at all is some cause for concern.

Seconded!!
Dave.

Marco
10-10-2011, 12:09
All 'thread crapping' posts have been removed.

I would like to remind everyone that the trade area is SOLEY for our trade members to advertise their wares, and for members interested in purchasing them, to respond.

Comments of any other nature should be reserved for relevant threads eleswhere on the forum - cheers, guys! :cool:

Marco.

MCRU
15-10-2011, 19:13
Sorry been busy, I should also point out that the mains lead for sale has a special outer sleeving made by acoustic revive which is made from polyurethane and carbon, extremely effective at keeping interferance at bay, expensive but worth it.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/themainsman/3a25eb72.jpg