PDA

View Full Version : dead wax

lo1979
06-10-2011, 07:13
Hi all,

yesterday I fall asleep and for couple of hours the stily of my at120e cartridge kept tracking
on the dead wax . did i ruined it? :stalks:

thanks bye

The Grand Wazoo
06-10-2011, 07:16
Pretty unlikely - have you heard a difference?

hifi_dave
06-10-2011, 08:34
If you'd gone away on a round the World tour, you might need to worry but not for two hours.

lo1979
06-10-2011, 08:49
Pretty unlikely - have you heard a difference?

hi I haven' t play any vinyl since, I ll try in the afternoon, I m just scared I may ruin some lps

Welder
06-10-2011, 08:58
Hi all,

yesterday I fall asleep and for couple of hours the stily of my at120e cartridge kept tracking
on the dead wax

thanks bye
Hi lo

If I had a small bottle of snake oil for every time I’ve heard of this happening; I would be a hi end dealership by now. ;)

Anyway lo, this is something you just have to accept with vinyl; it’s going to send you to sleep from time to time. Don’t feel embarrassed about it lo, it happens to most of the vinyl enthusiasts here on AoS even if they don’t like to discuss it.

The more knowledgeable guys here moved to CD or file based audio to avoid the problem while I believe the others just leave instructions with their family to come and check they’re awake from time to time when they have listening sessions.

I realise its a bit of a problem for the single person. Have you thought about a trained dog perhaps?
:)

Marco
06-10-2011, 09:04
:lolsign:

Marco.

Macca
06-10-2011, 12:36
this is something you just have to accept with vinyl; it’s going to send you to sleep from time to time. Don’t feel embarrassed about it lo, it happens to most of the vinyl enthusiasts here on AoS even if they don’t like to discuss it.

:)

It's true, it's all true. We are busted. Spin just a couple of sides of the black stuff and I am become Rip Van Winkle.

Night all

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Beechwoods
06-10-2011, 19:29
You don't fall asleep listening to Merzbow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDsQshrjIO0) on 10"!

Reid Malenfant
06-10-2011, 19:36
You don't fall asleep listening to Merzbow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDsQshrjIO0) on 10"!
Best not to listen to Merzbow fullstop, jeez, what a racket (most of it is) :lol:

Hmmm, do i see a connection here to a certain CD that was played this year at Scalford? :scratch:

MartinT
06-10-2011, 19:49
Hmmm, do i see a connection here to a certain CD that was played this year at Scalford? :scratch:

Gawd, I didn't go but I still remember listening to that mindf*ck :(

Beechwoods
07-10-2011, 11:56