PDA

View Full Version : Hard to believe I know - but even worse than X-Factor.

Neil McCauley
28-09-2011, 10:26
The CHAVs will love it!

http://tgr.ph/rnocDl

Welder
28-09-2011, 10:38
So you went to see this then did you Howard?

John
28-09-2011, 10:41
I remember visiting a club in LA back in the 80s it had loads of mirrors and everyone seemed to be just looking at themselves in the mirrors, everyone was in a band and a wanna be rock star. I could go on....but need a few pints:cool:

Neil McCauley
28-09-2011, 11:08
So you went to see this then did you Howard?

As somebody else opined in a thread I started recently about me – I am an 'elitist prick'. Quite so. Thus attending rubbish like this show is not on my agenda.

And as for personal experience being the be all and end all of an ability to pass judgement - I don't need to personally experience Leprosy (I use this for illustrative purposes) to know I don't want it!

Thank you. Howard

*********************************************]

Macca
28-09-2011, 12:17
I'm a chav (at least according to my mates) but I've never seen X factor and I wouldn't go to see this thing if you paid me. I think I'm having an identity crisis :scratch:

WAD62
28-09-2011, 12:20
A west end 'Famesque' theatrical version of appalling US poodle/cock rock, I'd rather prise my eyes out with a rusty spoon...probably even a worse prospect than the Queen musical :doh:

Here's to elitism :cool::cool::cool:

Macca
28-09-2011, 12:28
I must be an elite chav then :)

Audioman
28-09-2011, 12:39
Some Chavs will love it but I am sure it will have a wider appeal. These shows don't appeal to me as they mangle the original music (even the good songs) within an artificialy created storyline. I like much of Queen and Abba's output but the musicals don't hold any interest for me. However many middle class theatre goers would consider them good light entertainment.

They are certainly not aimed at Chavs which I suspect the X Factor is. In fact most of the X Factor wannabies clearly fall into the Chav category. The worst has got to be that Mama Mia film version were they substituted competent theatre performers for stars who can hardly sing a note.

keiths
28-09-2011, 12:53
I must be an elite chav then :)

Bona fide chavistocracy :eyebrows:

Vinyleyes
28-09-2011, 16:38
It looks like a bit of good harmless fun to me .. and a bit of a piss take ...

There were about 30 comments under the review and just about every one had been to see the show and had fun and loved it ! Can't have been too bad if they were serving drinks in the aisles during the show .. :cool:

What's wrong with a bit of lighthearted entertainment .. Mind I definitely will not go see it if Tom Cruise gets inolved .. but that is another subject altogether .. I mean ,... who on earth could watch Tom Cruise .. :scratch:

"The big surprise is that this dire show, with its fatuous storyline about a hopeful young actress and a wannabe rock star suffering no end of romantic and professional agonies on LA’s sunset Strip, has received a warm welcome in some quarters. It has been running for a couple of years on Broadway, where it was described as a guilty pleasure by the New York Times, touring versions are rolling out across the world, and a film version is threatened for next year starring Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Russell Brand."

There must be a lot of chavs on Broadway ... what do they call them over there ............. :lolsign:

DanJennings
28-09-2011, 18:34
The CHAVs will love it!

http://tgr.ph/rnocDl

I'm quite sure that the show is indeed rubbish, but the author of the article is needlessly rude about 80s rock and metal.

"It was always a particularly naff form of popular music, much given to both maudlin power ballads and brain-dead rock-outs with lots of shrieking guitars"

It's FUN, that's the point.