PDA

View Full Version : The US Elections

Beechwoods
04-11-2008, 23:29
OK, so I know AOS doesn't shy away from Politics, no matter what Marco says, after that mammoth Credit Crunch thread!

All I'd like to say is that it's brilliant to see democracy return to the land of the free... voter turnout has been so hilariously low over the last few decades that I was starting to lose hope that our American cousins felt like anything was worth fighting for, but it looks like everyone's involved this time round and that can only be good, whatever the result.

I can't stay up all night watching, but let's hope it's a clean fight, with no flaky stuff a la Florida 2000 :)

Good luck, America.

shane
05-11-2008, 08:55
This morning the world feels a safer and a better place. At last the Americans have realised the folly of 2000 and 2004 and have got rid of that dreadful dangerous fool. I found myself driving through town this morning listening to Obama's victory speech with tears running down my face. I didn't realise until then just how significant this could be.

Marco
05-11-2008, 09:02
Nice one, Shane. Here's hoping! The world may soon slowly but surely become a much better place...

Beechy, you can discuss anything you like here :)

Marco.

Filterlab
05-11-2008, 09:41
This morning the world feels a safer and a better place. At last the Americans have realised the folly of 2000 and 2004 and have got rid of that dreadful dangerous fool.

Fully concur, I think Barrack Obama will be very good indeed for the US and of course the rest of the world as a result.

Mike
05-11-2008, 17:15
If he can make something out of the tattered wreck he's left with!

Filterlab
06-11-2008, 09:47
It's a challenge.

aquapiranha
06-11-2008, 19:56
some may not have heard this one yet...

So there is Obama at the pearly gates, and St Peter is there as usual and he says to Obama...

"So, just why is it you think I should let you into the kingdom of heaven? just what have you achieved in your lifetime worthy of eternal paradise?"

"Easy" says Obama.... "I have overcome generations of hatred and bigotry, elevated myself and my fellow man to the rank of equal and beyond in the eyes if the world..." he continues.."and furthermore I have overcome incredible odds to become the most important leader of our time, the president of the Unted States of America..."

"Eh?" says Pete..." I must have missed all this, just when were you elected president????"

"Oh" says Obama....

"About twenty minutes ago...."

aquapiranha
06-11-2008, 20:26
If I have offended anybody I apologise. For what it is worth I fully Support Obama and was willing him to win during the count. he is I think what the USA ( and the rest of us) need I think.

Marco
06-11-2008, 20:29
It's ok, guys, I accept what you're saying :)

At the end of the day we will always listen to what our members wish if it's reasonable - my post (and joke) deleted!

If you want to me to look at anyone else's jokes then you'll need to tell me which ones you don't think are appropriate and I'll take the necessary action.

{Edit - Mike's already done it!}

Marco.

Mike
06-11-2008, 20:32
Ditto!...

(PS. Nice one Marco)

Beechwoods
06-11-2008, 20:34
It's so nice when peace breaks out :)

Beechwoods
06-11-2008, 20:37
Following up on Steve's post, it's so sad that Obama has to consider this increased threat of assassination (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jiAFhkBgT-4gscycbegPPpvkDGXA). It seems some people out there are still stuck in the 60's.

Marco
06-11-2008, 20:40
Beechy, at the end of the day it's not an ego contest. Admin may be 'in charge' but it's not like eleswhere where everyone obeys 'the boss' and likes it or gets banned! ;)

It's your forum as much as ours so we will always listen :)

Marco.

Beechwoods
06-11-2008, 20:44
I knew there was something special about AOS! Thanks Marco.