PDA

View Full Version : 'New' secondhand LP shop in Weymouth

prestonchipfryer
21-09-2011, 09:13
There is a 'new' secondhand record shop opening in Weymouth in Upper Bond Street. When I have time I am going there to see what it's like and will, if the owner agrees, put up some pictures.

John

Tim
21-09-2011, 11:34
What's it called John, I am about to offload all my final LP's, about 100 I guess, so he may take the lot?

Rare Bird
21-09-2011, 12:23
I am about to offload all my final LP's

Good man, i miss my collection (not the SQ tho) :)

prestonchipfryer
21-09-2011, 13:23
What's it called John, I am about to offload all my final LP's, about 100 I guess, so he may take the lot?

Dunno. Will have a look tomorrow. Did see the name but in one ear an out the other. :lolsign:

howlindawg
21-09-2011, 14:10
Please do post more info when you have it.
I'm due to visit Weymouth a little later in the year and rumaging around in a record shop should keep me out of the spyglass for a little longer.

prestonchipfryer
21-09-2011, 14:31
Please do post more info when you have it.
I'm due to visit Weymouth a little later in the year and rumaging around in a record shop should keep me out of the spyglass for a little longer.

Okay, will put something on it tomorrow.

John :)

prestonchipfryer
21-09-2011, 17:14
Right oh, here is a link:

http://disc-o-box.co.uk/

John :)

Marco
21-09-2011, 17:23
Nice one, John. I like to see small independent record shops being promoted :)

Tim, before you do anything, I'd advise you to list the records you have and sell them here in the Private Exhibitions area. You may find that this does the trick, and at least then members get to benefit from any ones that may be of interest :cool:

Marco.

P.S I'll move this thread to the music room, where it belongs.

The Grand Wazoo
21-09-2011, 22:49
Tim, much as I love record shops and support them whenever I can, they won't pay you anything like what your records are worth - offer 'em up to 'da AoS bruvverhood' & let the dealers have what's left over mate.
It makes sense for everyone!

Marco
22-09-2011, 08:46
+1

Marco.

prestonchipfryer
22-09-2011, 10:24
+1

Marco.

Well yes, of course!

Marco
22-09-2011, 23:01
So what are you doing with your records then, Tim? :)

We're dying to know!

Marco.

Tim
22-09-2011, 23:15
OK, they won't be going to the record shop it seems ;)
I want to keep a few for the album art, so when I sort them out I will list the ones for sale, or probably the best idea will be to take them to Scalford, to save the hassle of postage and so folk can see them first.

Rare Bird
22-09-2011, 23:23
Can i ask this cos i just cannot got it in my head is to why you lot still buy vinyl?

Tim
22-09-2011, 23:37
Now there's an interesting question . . . :popcorn:

Thing Fish
22-09-2011, 23:46
If you need to ask you'll never understand...:ner:

Rare Bird
22-09-2011, 23:48
O i understand alright

Marco
23-09-2011, 07:13
OK, they won't be going to the record shop it seems ;)
I want to keep a few for the album art, so when I sort them out I will list the ones for sale, or probably the best idea will be to take them to Scalford, to save the hassle of postage and so folk can see them first.

If you must, dude, but personally, I'd rather you listed them here and then took whatever was left to Scalford, as:

a) Not everyone will be going to Scalford who may want to buy your records.

b) Time is limited at Scalford, with people rushing around trying to visit all the rooms, and exhibitors doing the same, as well as trying to look after their own room, and so many would likely miss you.

And where exactly in the hotel would you show your records so that everyone would get to see them?

Nah, I'd list them here first, dude! :cool:

Marco.

Marco
23-09-2011, 07:20
Can i ask this cos i just cannot got it in my head is to why you lot still buy vinyl?

Easy peasy, dude... I own a £3500 turntable that sounds better than (my also superb) CDP. I only buy brand new or minty-mint second hand records, and clean them to within an inch of their lives on my RCM, so that every record plays deathly quietly and sounds superb, even the prog albums! ;)

Those are the main reasons, and then of course, there is the artwork, the whole ritual of playing vinyl, and the fact that vinyl is worth something (unlike computer files), and in many cases, with rare stuff, it can be an investment.

Will that do? :)

Marco.