PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Blu Ray Boxset

s70rmp
17-09-2011, 08:59
just found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-1-6-COMPLETE-SAGA-BLU-RAY-BOX-SET-NEW-/300600467020?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item45fd2f1e4c#ht_780wt_1156&clk_rvr_id=265638203993&afsrc=1

I hope it's a real one not a copy, I've risked the £22.90 for it

Ali Tait
17-09-2011, 09:40
Bought one too. Rude not to at that price! His feedback is good, so here's hoping.

Stratmangler
17-09-2011, 09:58
I hope that it's kosher, but there is a saying.........;)

Ali Tait
17-09-2011, 10:11
Well aye, but he's not got a single neutral or negative, and reading.the feedback, everyone is happy with what they received. We will see!

Canetoad
17-09-2011, 11:08
I've taken a punt as well. :)

Macca
17-09-2011, 11:15
Does it have a version of Episode 4 - A New Hope without the crappy digital additions that try to (and almost succeed) in ruining the atmosphere of the whole film?

s70rmp
17-09-2011, 11:30
he's sold 462 at last look so thats £10579.80

I hope it's real if not paypal will be busy doing a lot of refunds !

s70rmp
17-09-2011, 12:10
MC019 eBay Listing Removed: (506739812)

Just got this email from ebay :-(

Dear s70rmp
We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.

Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. If you were the winning bidder, you're no longer obliged to pay for the item:

300600467020 - STAR WARS 1-6 THE COMPLETE SAGA BLU RAY BOX SET NEW

Here's what you can do if you've already paid for the item:

If you won the item and you've already paid for it, you can choose to reverse the payment or ask the seller for a refund. If you've already received the item you've the option of accepting it or returning it to the seller for a refund.

1) Contact the seller
2) Contact your payment provider
3) Report that the matter hasn't been resolved

- Contact the seller

At this stage, we recommend that you contact the seller and discuss the situation. These situations can often be resolved with a friendly conversation.

Check your email account for any previous emails you received from the seller - these may contain their contact information. Unfortunately, we can't give you the seller's contact details.

- Contact your payment provider

If you can't reach the seller, contact the service that you used to send payment. They may be able to reverse the payment.

If you used PayPal, copy this link into a new browser window to find out whether your purchase is protected:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pbp-info-outside#dispute

If you paid by another method, such as bank transfer or credit card, contact your bank or credit card company.

- Report that the matter hasn't been resolved

If you're not able to arrange a refund and you didn't receive the item (or it wasn't as described in the listing), please let us know. You can contact us from any eBay Help page.

We assure you that your eBay record won't be negatively affected by this matter. We've told the seller that this listing has been removed and that you're no longer obliged to complete the purchase.

Finally, as the listing has been removed, no Feedback can be left for the purchase.

We hope that this information helps you decide how to proceed in this situation. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Learn More to protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails.

This administrative email was sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from eBay Europe S.à r.l.. Your account is registered on www.ebay.co.uk. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

eBay will periodically send you required emails about the site and your transactions. Read our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

This email was sent by eBay Europe S.à r.l., which may make use of its affiliates to provide the eBay services. If you are a non-EU resident, please find the contact data of your contracting party in the User Agreement.

Copyright © 2011 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Imprint.

synsei
17-09-2011, 13:02
Aw man, that's a bummer :unfair:

Hey Paul, you wouldn't be a member of Torro by any chance, would you?

s70rmp
17-09-2011, 13:18
No I refused to pay the subscription ! :rolleyes:

synsei
17-09-2011, 13:28
That makes two of us. I have been giving it some thought but I'd need to see a significant increase in activity on the website before I do... :eyebrows:

s70rmp
17-09-2011, 14:13
just got a refund on the Star Wars order :)

synsei
17-09-2011, 14:42
Awesome... :mex: :champagne:

s70rmp
17-09-2011, 15:12
Now I really want the boxset !

Canetoad
17-09-2011, 17:12
just got a refund on the Star Wars order :)

How did you manage that? I received the same message and have received no refund. :steam:

Reid Malenfant
17-09-2011, 18:19
You know what they say, "if it looks too good to be true it probably is" :(

I'll wait until they start going at a more sensible price secondhand :eyebrows:

s70rmp
17-09-2011, 18:46
How did you manage that? I received the same message and have received no refund. :steam:

riased the issue with paypal and 30 mins later a refund

Ali Tait
17-09-2011, 19:31
Have sent him a message, so I'll give him a chance to reply before I raise it with paypal.

Reid Malenfant
17-09-2011, 19:39
I'd be straight onto paypal ;) If there was a listing of BIN blu rays & loads of them it may well have been someone hijacking the guys account. Get your cash back ASAP before it's pulled out the paypal account, don't & you may get no cash back at all :rolleyes:

synsei
17-09-2011, 19:49
I'm with Mark here, get onto PP right away ;)

Reid Malenfant
17-09-2011, 19:56
Just bought the 9 disc box set. It appears to be going for nigh on £60 for the 6 disc version with 1st or 2nd class postage :scratch: People just don't look, there was a brand new 9 disc with free special delivery at £55.99... Was :eyebrows:

MartinT
30-09-2011, 14:28
I've just bought the three-disc Blu-ray set of eps IV-VI. My word, the visual remastering is superb! I don't remember it ever looking as good as this, even in the cinema! The sound has some rather powerful bass, too :eek:

colinB
30-09-2011, 15:13
Caught a clip the other day. Amazing what they have done, looks and sounds awesome as our Atlantic cousins would say.

Shame the films are rubbish. Buy Alien instead.

MartinT
30-09-2011, 16:36
Alien is in a very high class of films indeed, but let's not rubbish the (first three) Star Wars saga, which are great fun, started Harrison Ford's career and ended Alec Guinness', are full of Nazi empire and cowboy western allegories and look spectacular. They are sheer escapism.

Reid Malenfant
30-09-2011, 17:24
Yes i was surprised at the picture quality to. Only a few places in each film where grain become even noticeable to a greater extent & even that isn't annoying unlike some films i could mention :rolleyes:

Steven Spielberg take a good kicking m8 5386 That's for War Of The Worlds on blu ray as well as Minority Report! :ner:

s70rmp
30-09-2011, 17:41
oh i wish I could find it cheaper then £50

I want it

Reid Malenfant
30-09-2011, 17:43
Give it a month or two & you'll see it cheaper secondhand on ebay ;)

MartinT
30-09-2011, 18:35
Only £33 or so if you want parts IV - VI (in other words, the only good ones).

s70rmp
30-09-2011, 19:55
might ask for it for Xmas, but we dont buy each other presents - saving for a 5 week trip to New England to get married !

Macca
01-10-2011, 10:31
, are full of Nazi empire and cowboy western allegories and look spectacular. .

Not forgetting the attack on the Death Star which is cribbed almost entirely from 'The Dambusters' - the overlapping squares of the targeting computer are the twin searchlights beamed down from the belly of the Lancasters, even some of the dialogue between the pilots is repeated word for word 'How many guns do you count?' etc :)

MartinT
01-10-2011, 11:39
even some of the dialogue between the pilots is repeated word for word 'How many guns do you count?' etc :)

I hadn't realised that - thanks!