PDA

View Full Version : FS: Creek Evolution (Evo) Integrated Amplifier (Black) – inc. MM Phono Board

Alex_UK
08-09-2011, 11:33
For Sale: Creek Evolution (Evo) Integrated Amplifier (Black) – inc. MM Phono Board

For Sale, my black Creek Evolution (Evo) Integrated Amplifier. This has been a great amp since I bought it new 2 years ago, (the RRP was around £550 I think) plus the added benefit of having a MM Phono Board added (£65) last year. (I have the original “Aux” board if you don’t need a phono stage.)

Awarded a “Best Buy” (87%) by HFC in August 2006, and very well reviewed by Hificritic in April 2008, this amp really does look and sound far better than the price suggests, and indeed at the price I am selling is a veritable bargain! I have PDFs available for both reviews, and full spec - so PM me if you would like me to email them to you, or want some higher resolution images.

With 85 wpc it will drive most speakers, is fully remote controlled with superb build quality (including the remote which is aluminium faced not a cheap plastic jobbie.) I’ve been using it as a pre-amp recently, which might be another option for anyone out there wanting remote control convenience.

There are a few marks here and there, commensurate with a well-loved and frequently used piece of audio kit, the worst ones being on the front edge above the source selector switch (they look much worse in the photo) – I would probably suggest touching up with some Airfix “Coal Black” paint if you’re really bothered, but I hardly notice them.

I have all of the original packaging so postage is an option, but I would prefer to arrange pickup or possible delivery depending on your location (I travel a fair amount with work.)

To be honest, I am selling this as I have fallen for the Rega Brio R which sounded “better” in certain respects when I listened to it recently, but there are a lot of things I will miss about the Creek (the digital volume display is invaluable for setting your “usual” volume, and the build quality is awesome) and it certainly didn’t disgrace itself against much more expensive competition, but I’ve got the upgrade bug, and I’m not going to do what I usually do and horde this! (Says the wife…)

A silver one (they usually make less than black ones) went on eBay for just under £200 recently, but without the phono board (which I’ve never seen second-hand) and the only current one on eBay is an optimistic £300 start/£450 B.I.N. (again, no phono board) so I am after a very reasonable £250, plus carriage if applicable. It should easily make that on eBay, but I thought I’d offer it here to AoS members first.

Any questions or further info, drop me a PM.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/Alex_Steel1969/hifi/Mainview.jpg

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/Alex_Steel1969/hifi/FrontView.jpg

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/Alex_Steel1969/hifi/Back.jpg

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/Alex_Steel1969/hifi/Remote.jpg

DSJR
08-09-2011, 17:16
If you wanted a Sugden Class-A like cultured sound but cannot afford £2K or so, then this will do practically all of it in a simpler case for a heck of a lot less!

Good luck with the sale Alex. A bargain for someone :)

Alex_UK
20-09-2011, 15:31
This will be going on eBay later in the week - last chance to grab a bargain - I'll have to pay eBay/PayPal fees if it goes there so before I do - price drop to £225 + Delivery.

Alex_UK
09-10-2011, 10:39
Not had a chance to do anything more with this - there's one on eBay without phono board but virtually new, with current bid £245. So if I let mine go at £200 + delivery that would be a real bargain for a vinyl user, wouldn't it? ;)

colinB
09-10-2011, 10:49
Bargain. Hi Fi Choice loved this amp and it held its own in group tests with more expensive amps. Probably because it has plenty of power unlike a lot of mid price integrateds.

A few years ago i would have bitten your arm of Alex. Good luck.

Alex_UK
09-10-2011, 10:56
Thanks Colin - 85 Watts per channel is indeed plenty of welly for its class. If anyone wants the reviews on pdf via email just PM me your email address.

The Grand Wazoo
09-10-2011, 11:46
I wonder if it would be a good option for the member (can't remember who it was - someone quite recently joined I think) who was looking for something to go with his Tangent RS2 speakers?

hifi_dave
09-10-2011, 12:09
It would be perfect for the Tangent's, plenty of get up and go.

Stratmangler
09-10-2011, 12:20
I wonder if it would be a good option for the member (can't remember who it was - someone quite recently joined I think) who was looking for something to go with his Tangent RS2 speakers?

This the post Chris ?
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=255011&postcount=1

The Grand Wazoo
09-10-2011, 12:36
That's the one - Steven (Saul Too Much) was looking for an amp. I thought that a Pioneer A717 Reference that Greenhome Dave was selling might fit the bill, but it didn't quite fit Steven's requirements. Rod (Ski) has since bought that amp. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13551 sensible guy - what a bargain!

Anyway, Steven - as I suspected and others have confirmed, you might find some joy with Alex' Creek

Alex_UK
09-10-2011, 12:48
Thanks chaps - having read Steve's requirements, I think it would fit the brief (I would say that, wouldn't I!?) - part of the reason I'm moving it on is that having gone back to my Audiolab 8000S as a stop-gap I'm preferring the (notorious?) brightness, which the Creek doesn't exhibit - a "touch of warmth" with the Creek, which Steve says he wouldn't mind. :)

DSJR
09-10-2011, 16:25
+1 from me :)

Alex_UK
12-10-2011, 21:37
Now Sold, and winging its way to the new owner - thanks for the interest and participation everyone.

todes
19-10-2011, 12:01
Hi. Is the amp still available? Where are you based?
Raf

Alex_UK
19-10-2011, 15:55
Hi Raf - sorry, no, but thanks for the interest. (The clue was in "Now Sold, and winging its way to the new owner" by the way. ;))