PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from sunny London

Misnomer
03-09-2011, 17:18
My name is Jeff Zedic and I live ion central London on my 60 ft widebeam canal boat.

I moved here about 5 years ago from the wilds of Canada. I've been into good sound for a few years now. Mainly listening to jazz but also electronic, classical, ambient, blues, 80's and classic rock.

I have a simple system, nothing too fancy. Shanling SCD T200 with a level 1 mod by Parts Connexxion, Nuforce Reference 9 monblocks, Audible Illusions Modulus 3A running Pearl Cryo tubes. I prefer to listen to my vinyl collection over CD's.

I'm working on improving the sound of my Michell Gyrodec. Currently MK V, latest version with a Technoarm and Sumiko Blue Point Evo III and lots of vibration control mods. (we're getting there)

Sound comes from Wilson Benesch Act speakers. I preferred my Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III HSE's but had no way to bring them over to the UK when I moved so had to do a swap.

Yes, my system is on the boat!

Thing Fish
03-09-2011, 18:07
Welcome Jeff...:wave:

How does the gyrodec hold up when another boat goes past...:spew:

The Grand Wazoo
03-09-2011, 18:13
Jeff,
Thank you very much for a great introduction.
Here's a warm welcome to The Art of Sound from me.
Cheers

Alex_UK
03-09-2011, 21:57
Welcome to AoS Jeff. Probably the first boat system we've ever had!? Enjoy the forum. :)

The Grand Wazoo
03-09-2011, 22:34
Welcome to AoS Jeff. Probably the first boat system we've ever had!? Enjoy the forum. :)

Actually, it's not - we have a member who has a fantastic vintage Sansui-centric boat-based system.
........but it's great to have another!

Misnomer
04-09-2011, 11:31
Fortunately my boat is 60X10 so it's much more stable than a narrowboat!

I was worried also but found it all works perfectly......provided you enjoy checking how level it is on a daily basis!

Jeff