PDA

View Full Version : HiFi World Review of Audio Note Arm2/II

Ammonite Audio
01-09-2011, 11:52
Nice review by Adam in HFW of the new Audio Note Arm2/II, which I read in WH Smith this morning. Adam clearly heard the same things that made me buy my Arm3/II; also it's nice to read a reviewin HFW that talks about the music, rather than just sounds. All the review lacked was a comparison with a price competitor, eg SME, Funk etc.

roole
01-09-2011, 19:37
Would be interesting to read. Own this arm for three months now and it really delivers music.

Beobloke
02-09-2011, 08:42
Nice review by Adam in HFW of the new Audio Note Arm2/II, which I read in WH Smith this morning. Adam clearly heard the same things that made me buy my Arm3/II; also it's nice to read a reviewin HFW that talks about the music, rather than just sounds. All the review lacked was a comparison with a price competitor, eg SME, Funk etc.

Glad you liked the review. It really is a very good arm indeed so I was not short of nice things to say, but sadly a word limit is a word limit!

MartinT
02-09-2011, 09:10
Judging by what I heard when you brought your deck round, Hugo, the Audio Note arms are serious contenders. Yours with the Ortofon Kontrapunkt sounded superb.

griffo104
02-09-2011, 10:09

roole
02-09-2011, 11:16
Can anyone share actual review?

MCRU
02-09-2011, 19:45

So are you saying you are one of those saddos who stands hogging the isles in WH Smith doing a free read of the mag and no one can get passed? :lolsign:

MCRU
02-09-2011, 19:50
Pity that a tone arm is one of the few things that is very difficult to borrow and / or try before you buy as it does look the business and I would die to try it on both my Garrard and Techy, maybe I should talk to Mario or Peter about a loan of one?

Unless Adam was allowed to keep his?

Ammonite Audio
02-09-2011, 20:01
So are you saying you are one of those saddos who stands hogging the isles in WH Smith doing a free read of the mag and no one can get passed? :lolsign:

Not at all! I move to one side, to avoid getting in the way of others who also wish to read the magazines.

Pity that a tone arm is one of the few things that is very difficult to borrow and / or try before you buy as it does look the business and I would die to try it on both my Garrard and Techy, maybe I should talk to Mario or Peter about a loan of one?

You could also speak to an Audio Note dealer, like Deco Audio. I'm sure that they will have one on dem at the National Audio Show too.

MCRU
02-09-2011, 20:07
I won't be able to leave my stand will I so maybe get a sneak listen after all the punters have gone home, thanks for that idea Hugo.

Beobloke
03-09-2011, 18:37

Very unlikely, sadly. Mind you, I'm prolonging my loan as much as I can by ignoring calls to my mobile that start with a Brighton dialling code.... ;)

MCRU
03-09-2011, 18:38
Very unlikely, sadly. Mind you, I'm prolonging my loan as much as I can by ignoring calls to my mobile that start with a Brighton dialling code.... ;)
:lol:

chelsea
03-09-2011, 18:46
What deck was the review done on?

Beobloke
04-09-2011, 14:01
My Garrard 301

chelsea
04-09-2011, 14:03
Thanks adam.
Was thinking of going for the cheaper one but decided to stick with the helius.