PDA

View Full Version : PSU for Caiman

kash
23-08-2011, 12:18
Ive been looking through the treads regrading the Caiman for upgrading the PSU. Someone had great results with a Teddy Prado PSU but that was about £180. Did any one find a cheaper option?

I'm not into DIY, so I need to buy off the shelf, or someone else's diy build.

Thanks

worrasf
23-08-2011, 12:32
You have a PM

synsei
23-08-2011, 12:40
This interests me also ;)

worrasf
23-08-2011, 12:49
The Lamda units are a low cost alternative and pretty good.
Steve

synsei
23-08-2011, 12:52
Cheers Steve :cool:

Gazjam
23-08-2011, 13:27
Steve

Agreed.
I've one and its an good improvement on the standard.

a safe bet if you dont want to spend £££
Teddy Pardo supplies are great and worth the money too.

The Vinyl Adventure
23-08-2011, 14:11
David (mains-cables-r-us) has just bought out a psu that's suitable for the Beresfords at £100
Seems to work very well

Fi-Wi
24-08-2011, 06:07
David (mains-cables-r-us) has just bought out a psu that's suitable for the Beresfords at £100
Seems to work very well

Do you have a link (http://link)?

StanleyB
24-08-2011, 06:23
I keep getting PM and emails about the mains R US and other power supplies that mentioned on AoS. For the record, none of these companies have any connections with me, and none have sent me a sample for approval. So I cannot say if it is money well spent or not when you buy one.
But given the high price that they are sold at, I am inclined to look into developing my own high priced version...

Themis
24-08-2011, 19:08
I keep getting PM and emails about the mains R US and other power supplies that mentioned on AoS. For the record, none of these companies have any connections with me, and none have sent me a sample for approval. So I cannot say if it is money well spent or not when you buy one.
But given the high price that they are sold at, I am inclined to look into developing my own high priced version...
As far as I remember, Stan, you specifically chose the Caiman PSU.
Which means, logically, that it is a (very) good PSU. Especially for the price of the dac.

What would be possibly the use of getting a "better" one ? :scratch:

Reid Malenfant
24-08-2011, 19:11
Steve

Agreed.
I've one and its an good improvement on the standard.
Just make sure you check the DC output voltage before connecting it to your Caiman as i'm sure Gary will advise if he thinks back :eyebrows:

I have no more spare Sanyo Os-Con capacitors ;)

Gazjam
25-08-2011, 08:32
Just make sure you check the DC output voltage before connecting it to your Caiman as i'm sure Gary will advise if he thinks back :eyebrows:

I have no more spare Sanyo Os-Con capacitors ;)

+1(x1000) :doh:

Thanks for the reminder Mark, still get the shivers thinking about that!
Still, made me get the soldering iron out and try it for my self, so silver linings and all that.
Its a great psu though, weighs as much as a brick and a good improvement on standard. The wee Oscon cap works a treat :)