PDA

View Full Version : Hello AoS

wardsi
22-08-2011, 17:48
Hi - I'm new member Wardsi (Simon Ward, I know it's an imaginative user name ...) based in Stockport.

My system is becoming a veteran on the audio front, morphing into a bit of a home cinema system :

CD Player : Arcam Alpha plus
Amp : Arcam AVR280
Speakers : Fronts - Linn Keilidh; Centre - Linn Trikan; Rears - Quad L-ite; Subwoofer - BK XLS200
Screen : Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090
Blu-ray player : Sony BDPS550
Sky+ box

Musical preference - all sorts eg. Zappa, Bowie, Led Zep, Radiohead, Blur, Talking Heads, Chili Peppers, Brian Eno, Kraftwerk, Classical, etc.

Currently revising my setup as I have plenty of oomph but not much musical refinement; first step is to get speakers properly based - haven't even got spikes in at the moment & they're free to wobble like Weebles ........

keiths
22-08-2011, 18:07
Hi Simon, Welcome to Aos :wave:

Hope you enjoy it here.

Themis
22-08-2011, 18:14
Welcome Simon ! :)

I like your fav music (well except the RHCP, as the recordings... ahem). ;)

Reid Malenfant
22-08-2011, 18:14
Hi Simon, welcome to AoS chap :) Nice to see another member on here with an AV system, even if it's only in the making ;)

The Sony BDP-S550 was my first BD player, still have it here & it's a great bit of kit :) However it got totally trounced by Panasonics DMP-BD80 which has an even better picture on blu ray & unbelievable upscaling quality on DVDs..

I don't work for Panasonic, but i thought i'd add that as you appear to have a rather good display :eyebrows:

Good luck stopping the Weebles wobble :lolsign:

All the best & i hope you enjoy your stay :cool:

chrism
22-08-2011, 19:31
Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to meeting up and solving your weeble problem!

Regards

Chris

MartinT
22-08-2011, 19:50
Hi Simon

Welcome to AoS. I have an even more venerable Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray player but am loath to give it up as it's multi-region on both Blu-ray and DVD. That's a nice screen you have there, shame that Pioneer gave up making them.