PDA

View Full Version : Being Patched?

Rowlf
19-08-2011, 21:47
Hi All, I have some pictures of what was left of my system when I moved here from Melbourne. These pictures are kindly taken by friend who is a very knowledgable and generous analogue fanatic. He is a member from here too!

Hope to add more to these pictures very soon as I start to set it up with proper speakers and amps.

Beechwoods
20-08-2011, 06:14
Beautiful pictures of a lovely turntable James. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!

AlfaGTV
20-12-2012, 20:04
Absolutely stunning! I am mucho impressed!
Regards //Mike

hoopsontoast
20-12-2012, 21:48
I think I need new pants :popcorn: Lovely Deck!

rusty bearing
21-12-2012, 08:45
Indeed, a thing of beauty, even the lid looks classy:)

The Black Adder
21-12-2012, 14:35
wow... yummy TT. Very cool indeed.

Idlewithnodrive
21-12-2012, 19:53
Your TT looks lurvely James; a real thing of beauty :drool:

If it sounds as good as it looks, you are one lucky fella.

Rare Bird
21-12-2012, 19:56
The Luxman/Micro Seiki lids were the best quality lids ive ever seen..

jandl100
23-12-2012, 07:08
:drool:

That looks abfab. :thumbsup:

MartinT
23-12-2012, 09:48
Gorgeous deck and it looks like it means business.

Rowlf
23-12-2012, 11:22
Thank you guys :) for the very kind words.

Still setting up a few bits and pieces of my humble system. Not sure if you guys are living far away but I can try to organize a small gathering once the set up has come into place.

Another picture from a different angle. The Yamaha GT2000 and Nighthawk phono in the background were not mine but on loan from my best mates.

loo
06-01-2013, 00:32
Hi James
great to see another belt drive Lux user:)
thats a fantastic Luxman you have there, rare too;)
regards loo

Smoker
06-01-2013, 00:54
Its beautiful :)

vouk
06-01-2013, 06:39
Stunning mate. Just stunning.:stalks:

audio39
06-01-2013, 21:12
Hi James,

You have in your possession my favourite turntable!!!

I owned a PD-350 in the 80's, I owned near to every Lux TT in the 80's...and the PD-350 is the one I consider the "best".

Do you run the vacuum? I have a PD-300 that I just completely tore down and put back together ever so carefully. The vacuum hold down is now working better than new...even badly warped records are held flat for the entire playback duration - albeit I am looking for a VS-300.

More pics would be welcomed by yours truly...I feel a great deal of envy at this time.

Rick.

Rowlf
09-01-2013, 00:10
Thanks Raz :)

Hi Loo, which Luxman TT are you using? Maybe we should exchange notes!

John, you have a pretty state of the art TT yourself :eyebrows:

Hi Rick, I do not have the VS300 as it did not come with it. I was thinking getting it or alternatively, maybe build one by reversing the polarity of a fish tank pump but not sure if that will work, plus I don't really know how much suction is enough suction. Any comments and suggestions are most welcome.

loo
09-01-2013, 01:14
Hi James
I currently have a pair of PD300,s
I dont think the fish tank pump will work but if you want to try the vac function
I think this should (if I remember the connection arrangement on the PD350 correctly) get a small length of aquarium air line/hose and an inline one way valve, the sort that stops the air pump from drawing water back out of the tank.
Snip a 2 inch length off your hose and attach one end to the closed side of the valve as in if you suck on the hose no air is drawn through the valve . Next attach a longer length of hose approx 12 inches to the other end of the valve so when you suck air flows through then remove the sealing cap from the vac connection nipple on the lux and connect the short length of hose onto it (heating the hose in hot water will help fitting ) once attatched you can create a vacuum by simply sucking on the pipe once a disc is on the platter or attatch an old style bicycle pump to the hose crude but effective and cheap:lol:
by the way which Richmond is it, Victoria, Virginia or Surrey ?
:cool: Paul

audio39
10-01-2013, 01:15
James, you'll never know what the PD-350 can really do until you run the vacuum.

You can find the VS-300 quite routinely in Japanese auctions, and often you find them in near new condition.

Rick.

Rowlf
13-01-2013, 14:32
Hi Paul, thanks for the DIY tips! :) Bicycle pump was really left field and not something I have thought about! I am living in Richmond, Surrey although Richmond Victoria wasn't far from where I live previously.

Hi Rick, do you mean Hifido? I have been on there a few times but no such luck unfortunately. Was also considering Audio Technica AT666 as a substitute but every time it was sold before I could contact the seller.

audio39
14-01-2013, 18:58
Hi Rick, do you mean Hifido? I have been on there a few times but no such luck unfortunately. Was also considering Audio Technica AT666 as a substitute but every time it was sold before I could contact the seller.

Try this....

http://www.easyauctionjapan.com/

Rowlf
14-01-2013, 21:34
Thanks Rick for the helpful link.

I finally got to log on without using Tapatalk and saw the list of Luxman gears you have. That is a long list of Luxman candies! Respect!

loo
14-01-2013, 22:48
Hi Paul, thanks for the DIY tips! :) Bicycle pump was really left field and not something I have thought about! I am living in Richmond, Surrey although Richmond Victoria wasn't far from where I live previously

Hi James ,forgot to say you dont need the valve if you use the bike pump,
you know the sort that made a great supercharged water squirter as a kid.
seeing Melbourne I did wonder but your only the other side of the world from me well 30 stops on the district line :zzz:;)
Paul