PDA

View Full Version : hi would like some advice

jameslad
18-08-2011, 21:15
Hi all i realise this is probably in the wrong place but have searched and found nowhere to put it so here goes,
To cut a long story short my grandad would like to sell his hifi ( as he is now deaf!) but we have no idea of what it is worth, so any suggestions as to what to sell it for in the classifieds would be greatly appreciated,
1./ Audion silver knights 300b valve amplifier
2./ Impulse H6 corner horn floorstanding speakers
thanks in advance and hope this doesnt bend any rules etc just cant find any info on these items for used prices

John
18-08-2011, 22:13
I cannot help you with price but some nice gear, get some pictures up and try ebay

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
18-08-2011, 23:19
Hi all i realise this is probably in the wrong place but have searched and found nowhere to put it so here goes,
To cut a long story short my grandad would like to sell his hifi ( as he is now deaf!) but we have no idea of what it is worth, so any suggestions as to what to sell it for in the classifieds would be greatly appreciated,
1./ Audion silver knights 300b valve amplifier
2./ Impulse H6 corner horn floorstanding speakers
thanks in advance and hope this doesnt bend any rules etc just cant find any info on these items for used prices

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, it is the basic rule of capitalism. So list them separately at ebay with a 1p start price and you will get what they are worth, I would guess if you are lucky you could get up to £1000 total, both items are pretty popular. Make sure you list in the right section and make sure you put up a good explanation and good pictures. Search online for good reviews and good reports from owners and link them to the listings.

Tim
18-08-2011, 23:28
An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, it is the basic rule of capitalism. So list them separately at ebay with a 1p start price and you will get what they are worth, I would guess if you are lucky you could get up to £1000 total, both items are pretty popular. Make sure you list in the right section and make sure you put up a good explanation and good pictures. Search online for good reviews and good reports from owners and link them to the listings.
Good advice there Richard, pictures make pounds in my experience.

HighFidelityGuy
19-08-2011, 09:06
To give you a very rough idea, it looks like the amp is selling for around £500-1000 depending on specific spec (there were several versions) and valve age and the speakers for up to £300 depending on condition. Prices can fluctuate quite a bit though. :)

jameslad
19-08-2011, 14:00
thankyou very much for all your help much appreciated