PDA

View Full Version : Musical Fidelity MC-1s

Filterlab
27-10-2008, 11:55
Has anyone had a pair? Can anyone tell me about them? I can't really remember much about them other than they are of MF's heyday period. Picked up a pair in perfect condition and boxed off ebay last night for £20, they'll be going on my rear channels. :)

Neil McCauley
27-10-2008, 17:20
Has anyone had a pair? Can anyone tell me about them? I can't really remember much about them other than they are of MF's heyday period. Picked up a pair in perfect condition and boxed off ebay last night for £20, they'll be going on my rear channels. :)
A big punchy sound. Exciting perhaps more than uncoloured. Designed to stand out well in A/B dems in showrooms. Good value at the time; excellent value today. No replacement drivers though. Probably discontinued because AM of MF felt (quite rightly) that going head to head with speaker makers would not - in the medium to long term - be as profitable as those makers recommending MF amps to drive their incumbent designs rather than MF's ones. They certainly would not have done (and continue to do) this if they felt their core market was under sustained and effective attack. That's pretty much it I guess.

---//---

Filterlab
28-10-2008, 08:28
Cheers, they sound ideal for livening up the dull rear channels then. :) Thanks Howard.