PDA

View Full Version : Hello AOS

RotaryConnection
27-10-2008, 00:08
Drawn in by the references to DD turntables so thought I'd come in and say "Hello!"
Occasionally post elsewhere, more so about music than technical matters- don't claim to be an expert in any sense, but know what I like and enjoy a chat about tunes, bands and things to check out. Have a large, wide-ranging collection of vinyl and Cd's, majoring in electronics, house, soul, funk, R&B, reggae and of course early Hawkwind (first love and all that).
Gear wise, my system is (slowly, due to building work) currently dividing itself into two:
Downstairs will be an Eera DL1 CDP (got cheap, ex-demo, think it was the one used by HFW for their review-still going forte!) playing through a Leben CS300x integrated amp into a pair of TAD Exclusive monitors- I'm just having some stands made for them and will then experiment with various placements in the lounge (swmbo will probably have the final say..) but so far is sounding very likeable indeed :)
And upstairs, two Technics 1210 Mk5G's in hardwood plinths (thanks Scoobs) with KAB external power supply and strobe disablers, Origin Live Silver 2 arms with 2M Black carts, SDS mat, Isonoe feet into Puresound P10 phonostages, E&S 4 channel rotary mixer, Vincent hybrid mono-blocks and finally a pair of self-assembled monitor speakers.
Have enjoyed looking around this evening, recognise quite a few names and like the general tone-will try not to lower it!

Gareth