PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Dead Marantz CD94 for cabinet parts

Tweedle-Dee
12-08-2011, 20:31
Hi there,

I recently obtained a highly modified Marantz CD94 that works wonderfully, but is a bit cosmetically challenged. On the off-chance anyone has a failed CD94 in good cosmetic condition that they would sell for parts, please contact me here.

Many thanks.
TD

Tweedle-Dee
16-09-2011, 17:50
Anything out there?

DSJR
16-09-2011, 19:41
Have you asked Marantz if they still have any bits? You never know...........

synsei
19-09-2011, 10:58
Dave has a point David. Last year I bought an old NAD C340 from eBay which had a huge dent to the top of the case. After checking it was fully functional I contact ArmourHome, NAD's distributor in the UK, and was initially told that they no longer stocked spares for this series of amps due to their age. However the nice lady I spoke to asked me to leave the problem with her, along with my phone number, and said that she would get back to me. Frankly I wasn't expecting to hear from her, but twenty minutes later I received a call back. She informed me that she had rung around their international offices and that she had located what I was looking for in a warehouse in Canada. "Uh oh", I thought, "this is going to get expensive". Not a bit of it. The nice lady then told me that she had an order that was due to be shipped from the warehouse to her office the following morning, and that she would add the case to the order at no extra cost. 3 days later the case part arrived at my door via courier. Now that's service.

I wish you luck David... ;)

Tweedle-Dee
19-09-2011, 19:27
Thanks guys - have to admit I have contacted Marantz UK, but TBH, the staff had little knowledge of their 'classic' equipment and merely put me on to Charles Hyde and Son as parts stockist (who don't have what I need, unfortunately).

I will take your advice to heart and contact a few international Marantz offices and see what I can uncover.

Cheers,
TD

DSJR
02-12-2011, 19:12
Any joy, or can a CD94 be cannibalised for parts? I need some micro-switches for the loading assembly which are officially discontinued. Only a few Philips based machines used these (six of them) and size is critical in places as two sets of two are paired together. The CD7 used them too...

Tweedle-Dee
04-12-2011, 20:39
Hi Dave,

Alas, no luck yet, but here's still hoping...

If I get a CD94 for spares, I'll let you know in case you can also benefit.

Incidently, what are the 6 player using these micro switches?

Kind regards,
TD

DSJR
04-12-2011, 21:06
CD94, CD12, Philips 960 and siblings by Micro Seiki, Accuphase (I think). There was also a two-box transport and DAC by Philips, which was tweaked into the CD12 pairing. There's more about these on the Vintage Knob site (or there was IIRC).

Part of the loader assembly -

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/DSJR_photos/58267d6b.jpg

THE switch needed -

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/DSJR_photos/3c7477b1.jpg